What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20,000 pre sold for Brisbane Test

babyg

Juniors
DACSSDOWN said:
Just bought my five tickets for the 18th. Flying up from Melbourne for it, can't wait. Suggested to my wife that we should go to Brisbane and visit her family, and wouldn't you know the football is on that weekend. What a coincidence!!!

LEGEND

babyg

Juniors
Sydney crowds suck in general. NRL teams are pretty ordinary. Hopefully they're going to do something about it one day. You wait Melbourne will easily have a comparable crowd to brisbane in a few years.

hutch

First Grade
brendothejet said:
Hey man Im a sydneysider and I go everywhere i can to watch the matches.

Last night i walked into the stadium about 10 mins prior to kick off.

My heart just sank. I could barely enjoy my night as i stared at blue seats. It was a great game too, but tainted by the ficcle nature of sydney fans.

With 9 NRL clubs, why cant they each be assigned 3000 tickets and get a bonus for selling(not giving away) their allocation.

9 x 3000 = 27000 + 5000 members + 5000 walk ups

but no, no, they just break my heart again and give fuel to the fire of all the Intl RL haters.

At least i can look forward to a big one in brisbane...

i felt exactly the same way brendo, i was really hoping for at least 32000. i thought it looked even less than 25000.

there were TWO positives from the crowd though.

1- the amount of kangaroos merchandise people were wearing. i myself bought a kangaroos beanie, there were a lot of jerseys, shirts, scarfs, hats etc. and alot of it was new!

2- the passion shown for both teams. the anthems were loud, as was the cheering during the game. being an 'internationalist', ive always maintained the fantasy of other countries knocking us off to keep international rl interesting, but i was surprised how hard i was actuallu cheering for australia. while i was happy for gb, its good to know i can support my national team again, and not fear they are going to flog the opposition.

eels_fan_01

Bench
hutch said:
i felt exactly the same way brendo, i was really hoping for at least 32000. i thought it looked even less than 25000.

there were TWO positives from the crowd though.

1- the amount of kangaroos merchandise people were wearing. i myself bought a kangaroos beanie, there were a lot of jerseys, shirts, scarfs, hats etc. and alot of it was new!

2- the passion shown for both teams. the anthems were loud, as was the cheering during the game. being an 'internationalist', ive always maintained the fantasy of other countries knocking us off to keep international rl interesting, but i was surprised how hard i was actuallu cheering for australia. while i was happy for gb, its good to know i can support my national team again, and not fear they are going to flog the opposition.

Yeah same i went and in past years i have wanted us to win but not been on the edge of my seat because we normally win but this game i was and i was nervous before the match probably the first time ever for an international match.

eels_fan_01

Bench
babyg said:
Sydney crowds suck in general. NRL teams are pretty ordinary. Hopefully they're going to do something about it one day. You wait Melbourne will easily have a comparable crowd to brisbane in a few years.

Will never ever happen. They may match some NSW teams in the future but not Brisbanes.

Only 12,800 have sold for the Final in Sydney, even after Saturday's game. We may not know who's in the final yet but we know Australia will be there and it's the FINAL. They'd better pick up or we could see another poor crowd in Sydney. If Brisbane gets 40,000 plus again and Sydney can't sell out the final, I'm serious, Sydney should not get the World Cup final.

yakstorm

First Grade
At the press conference for Friday's RLIF Meeting they mentioned that 34,000 tickets have now been pre-sold for the Brisbane test match, meaning Brisbane will get the largest crowd of the group stages of the tournament, and possibly even the whole event.

miccle

Bench
34k?? That's pretty damn solid imo.

Tickets will no doubt keep plodding along and should be able to reach 41 or 42k by Friday.

If the weather's good and there's plenty of media, getting that 42k+ in pre-sales isn't out of the question, and there will undoubtedly be a few thousand in walkups.

45k minimum :) I can't wait to be there.

ali

Bench
Yep I agree. Looking good for 45K. I'm not sure what effect tonights result will have? At least this fixture is not a dead rubber, but with such one sided result, I hope we are not in for another week of pointless pommy bashing.

langpark

First Grade
yakstorm said:
At the press conference for Friday's RLIF Meeting they mentioned that 34,000 tickets have now been pre-sold for the Brisbane test match, meaning Brisbane will get the largest crowd of the group stages of the tournament, and possibly even the whole event.
That was always gonna be the case.

I think this game will get just under 50k. They always declare it a sellout but it's always 48/49k at Broncos games, dunno why, maybe no-show members or something. It's gonna be a great event either way, and it'd be great if some English cricket fans came along and got hooked on Rugby League in the process :)

expansionist

Juniors
Does anyone know where if anywhere a concentration of UK supporters will be seated?

A few of my mates and I will be there supporting GB & I!

langpark

First Grade
I doubt there will be one. at the soccer, the 'official' away supporters stand is behind the goal at the southern end, so that could be a possibility for this match

expansionist

Juniors
well quite by coincidence thats where I am!

anyone there keep an eye out for 3 guys with broad aussie accents wearing 1 welsh RL, 1 irish RL and 1 TBA RL jersey!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I tell you what if it reaches just under 50,000 or even over, we could have the biggest test crowd since 1995 WC which was around 66,000, between Australia/England. That was counted as a test match btw, the GB/Aus test in 1994 reached around 58,000 in Wembley. I miss those big crowds for International matches.

ali

Bench
Heard 38,000 quoted on the radio today. I hope my media pass definately comes through or else I may be stuck outside.

expansionist said:
anyone there keep an eye out for 3 guys with broad aussie accents wearing 1 welsh RL, 1 irish RL and 1 TBA RL jersey!
I'd watch myself if I was you. On that criteria the Welsh and Irish selectors might be keeping an eye on you.

langpark

First Grade
ali said:
Heard 38,000 quoted on the radio today. I hope my media pass definately comes through or else I may be stuck outside.
36k according to todays paper. I'd take 2/3000 off that for an accurate figure

Latest posts