What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20,000 pre sold for Brisbane Test

langpark

First Grade
The Brisbane match will sell out, no doubt about it. I said it as soon as the match was announced way back in May or so.

Jeffles

Bench
LeagueXXXI said:
How about the Sydney media not make out like Gb are useless and will be flogged. Australians will turn up for a contest.

Another good point. It's all in the past. Saturday, Sydney would have seen the error of its ways. The final should get a huge crowd.

miccle

Bench
PAX report from one of my mates... he reckons the number is 30,700-odd ALREADY! Still just under a fortnight away, I'm absolutely stoked that I got my tix already (note: I got them less than two weeks ago and the pax was 16,500 so the ticket sales have really skyrocketed).

If it doesn't sell out, it'll be a 45K minimum and the third consecutive test to top 40k in Brisbane.

Awesome effort - i cannot WAIT to be there.

miccle said:
PAX report from one of my mates... he reckons the number is 30,700-odd ALREADY! Still just under a fortnight away, I'm absolutely stoked that I got my tix already (note: I got them less than two weeks ago and the pax was 16,500 so the ticket sales have really skyrocketed).

If it doesn't sell out, it'll be a 45K minimum and the third consecutive test to top 40k in Brisbane.

Great to hear. I love QLDrs passion for rugby league...

Sydney...continues to disappoint me. And I'm from here!

I think 3 factors contributed to a poor crowd
a) rain
B) 2 games close together
c) sh*t media - the fien thing on the back of gould etc saying how rubbish the poms were. If the poms had won this game against Australia somewhere else then I think the crowd would of been better.

I was just reflecting the other day:

If Australia didn't get out of jail in game 2, NZ didnt get stripped of their other game it would be:
NZ 4
GB 2
AUS 2...

*Sighs*...

langpark

First Grade
it's weird that Sydney should be considered the League capital of the world coz of it's 9 NRL teams and 4 million people, you'd think a place like this could fill Parramatta Stadium to watch France vs Fiji. Honestly, you would. Lets say Madrid is the soccer capital of the world, they'd get at least 40,000 turn out to watch Australia vs Russia for example. So why can't sydneysiders turn out to watch their own country play the another top 3 nation!? It's disappointing and i really hope the sydney public can change their attitudes before WC08

langpark

First Grade
miccle said:

wat is this PAX thing you guys all talk about? If i go into the ticketek office and buy tickets, will it give me the number of how many have been sold?

miccle

Bench
Yep that's right mate- I think it's on the bottom right hand corner. There will be a little heading of PAX: and then a number afterwards, which is the number sold so far.

langpark

First Grade
awesome! and to think i've bought from ticketek countless times and never noticed this! cheers

babyg

Juniors
Sydney needs a lot of work. Outrated by Melbourne for grand final, couldn't sell out Origin. 25k is pathetic. We could be losing Sydney to the swans. How sad. The media has a lot to answer for. So does the admin

DACSSDOWN

Juniors
Just bought my five tickets for the 18th. Flying up from Melbourne for it, can't wait. Suggested to my wife that we should go to Brisbane and visit her family, and wouldn't you know the football is on that weekend. What a coincidence!!!

Neatoboy

Juniors
Sydney suffers partly from oversaturation when it comes to League... having so many games played there each year with the NRL and SOO, the finals and the grand final.

Next year, there will be a shorter competition and the Titans added meaning there will be a less games there. Potentially some of the semi finals won't be there as well. I just wonder whether this would have a positive flow on effect to international league crowd figures? Just a thought.

Don't get me wrong, I thought the crowd was very disappointing but I actually expected a crowd of that size.

I'm looking forward to being part of the 30k (confirmed crowd) in Brissie.

Jeffles

Bench
babyg said:
Sydney needs a lot of work. Outrated by Melbourne for grand final, couldn't sell out Origin. 25k is pathetic. We could be losing Sydney to the swans. How sad. The media has a lot to answer for. So does the admin

I think all the signs point to Sydney being too NRL-centric. In Sydney more than anywhere else do you hear people whining about players that get injured in rep games and how the rep season should be an afterthought because of it. People need to start thinking about more than their clubs and look to the game as a whole.

ledzep

Bench
Jeffles said:
I think all the signs point to Sydney being too NRL-centric. In Sydney more than anywhere else do you hear people whining about players that get injured in rep games and how the rep season should be an afterthought because of it. People need to start thinking about more than their clubs and look to the game as a whole.
sydney fans are just lazy i think
look at the attendances at this year's finals

pcpp

Juniors
Great to see an almost guaranteed sellout - only around 36,000 were sold the day before the ANZAC test while theres already 30,000 two weeks out.

Not sure which result will be better on the NZ v GB game this Saturday will be better though:

If NZ wins, GB will have to watch its points difference if they lose and will probably get a lot of criticism in the media, detracting from the game.

If GB wins, its essentially a warm up match to the final. And if GB don't perform well in Brisbane... could affect the final crowd and ratings.

screeny

Bench
How much money is the RLIF missing out on by not getting potentially bigger gates elsewhere? Having said that, would they get bigger gates than 25,000 anywhere other than Melb and Bris?

Jeffles

Bench
Crowds would not be the biggest factor in revenue trends. The games not being played in the UK, where the currency is stronger will impact on revenue as will the TV rights situation. I don't think the rights are split between NRL, SOO and internationals. On the plus side, I am seeing a lot more merchandise being worn. Sales must be better than in past years.

JasonE

Bench
Jeffles said:
People need to start thinking about more than their clubs and look to the game as a whole.

Exactly, a hugely successful International series with great footy, great crowds etc is massive for the game as a whole and it will benefit at every level.

ali

Bench
This is great news.

As a Sydneysider I think I'm going to have a dig at my fellow Sydneysiders on the talkback tomorrow. But, I still lay the blame on our media. As I've said elsewhere, the promotion is great. I think for a successful world cup, the RLIF is going to have employ a team of media gurus, so cover all the sh*t comes out of the sydney media.

langpark

First Grade
I just got my tickets and the number on it was 28,256, which is still good, but a bit contrary to earlier reports on here.

Latest posts