What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20-20 Cricket.

Vics Total (9 wickets, 20 overs) 163
def
WA Total (9 wickets, 20 overs) 161

What an exciting game.

So what do the forumers think about 20-20 cricket?

UndertakerMike said:
Vics Total (9 wickets, 20 overs) 163
def
WA Total (9 wickets, 20 overs) 161

What an exciting game.

So what do the forumers think about 20-20 cricket?

As long as it is not overkill it has it's place on the calendar I think.

salivor

First Grade
We had a similar concept in NZ a few years back called Cricket Max, the problem with that concept, is the same problem with 20-20 cricket, it's all geared towards the batsman which is a shame. I don't mind a one off match at the beginning of a tour before you get into the real stuff, the Tests and ODI's but I wouldn't like to see international 20-20 series or tournaments become the norm.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Martin Crowe has a right to be annoyed. 20/20 is Max sans any innovation, and deserves to fail for all of the same reasons.

NPK

Bench
Who would want to bowl in Twenty20? Batsman may love it but bowlers get caned.

sunny

Exactly my point NPK. Peopls say "Oh, it's exciting, there are sixes all the time". To me, excitement is a really good contest between batsman and bowler, not one side just dominating helped by ridiculous rules.

Red Bear

Referee
NPK said:
Who would want to bowl in Twenty20? Batsman may love it but bowlers get caned.
saw a match in england, surrey scored 200, middlesex were well on the way to the target before some excellent bowling from tim murtagh of surrey, who took 5/14 or something. Ball can make a big difference.

Iafeta

Referee
Thierry is right - its a copycat version of Cricket Max with a couple of slight adaptions.

choc_soldier

Coach
My first experience of it was the England-Australia match on the last Ashes tour - was quite good (except for the fact that we were about 6/25 in the chase).

Going to my first ever live match today - really looking forward to it.

choc_soldier

Coach
Iafeta said:
Thierry is right - its a copycat version of Cricket Max with a couple of slight adaptions.

Didn't Cricket Max have scoring zones? (i.e if you hit within 10 metres of the boundary, it was 3 runs automatically).

Latest posts