What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20/20 NZ v.s WI, was a draw so it went to a bowl off.

Robster

Bench
Funny crap, 5 bowlers each team have to balls each to bowl the balls at the stumps, NZ WON!! weird crap.

Rustay

Juniors
I was reading the ball-by-ball and it went through two whole rounds before someone hit the stumps...would have been good to watch that crap! :lol:

Robster

Bench
haha some bowlers would even miss 6 stumps in the ground it was that pathetic, shane bond what a legend hit the stumps twice and hit 4 on the last ball of the match to lead it into a bowl off.

budz

Juniors
brooksy19 said:
What a farce.
Well thats the thing about 20/20. Its not meant to be taken seriously. I think it would have been pretty funny to watch.

Scorpio30

Bench
NPK said:
I wish I saw it! Did they have to bowl at normal pace?

Na they kind of waddled up at half pace....It was pathetic, 12 deliveries before anyone hit them. The windies where sending it everywhere...Good wicket keeping practice.

NPK

Bench
How about having every player throw a ball at a stump from square leg? Most hits wins.

Palms

Juniors
Dibs on McGrath to win that anyday of the year..he wouldnt miss the stumps if he was blindfolded I dont think!

Balmain_Boy

What an absolute farce.

Wouldn't it have been simpler, fairer and more logical to give the team who lost less wickets the win?

20/20 is deadset a blight on the game.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeh, I agree

its a circus and its there to appeal to the non cricket lover or a bit of family entertainment

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Im not crazy about less wickets winning. I think thats a pretty cheap way to win. For 20\20 a bowl off is great, it adds to the novelty - lets just hope it doesnt go into ODIs though

Robster

Bench
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
Im not crazy about less wickets winning. I think thats a pretty cheap way to win. For 20\20 a bowl off is great, it adds to the novelty - lets just hope it doesnt go into ODIs though

I agree the crowd loved it as well.

Iafeta

Referee
I watched on cricinfo the NZ innings and the bowl off - firstly, dispicable last 10 overs from New Zealand, they just about lost the unlosable.

Secondly, for professional cricketers, for so many misses its quite comical. Hitting the stumps is not too difficult a task really. Particularly when there's no batsman in front of them.

NPK

Bench
Maybe the batting team that faced the least dot balls could be the winner. Interesting.