What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20-40 rule under consideration

Springs09

Juniors
yeah i thin finch drop kicked it, different to what @unforgiven is talking about

No, it was an optional restart from the 20. He tried to find touch which would have given Raiders the ball, but kicked it out on the full which was a penalty the same way a kick-off or drop-out on the full is a penalty.

I don't think he drop kicked it but if he did it wouldn't matter. An optional restart can be any kind of kick, same with a kick for touch from a penalty.

unforgiven

Bench
yeah i thin finch drop kicked it, different to what @unforgiven is talking about
Definately an optional restart

Farewell, Brett Finch: Gee, if there was one player who was easy to hate, it was Brett Finch. A chatty, belligerent, cheeky whinger in his early days, it is easy to remember him in tears after he famously tried to kick an optional 20-metre restart out and put it over on the full, allowing the Knights a shot at goal to win the game. The play summed up Finch though. He was always willing to try his hand, back himself.

https://makingthenut.com/from-the-couch-round-24-3/

Knight76

Juniors
Isn't part of any good "defence" limiting the kicker's time and options? No point muscling up in defence if you concede a 70m kick.

In reality though it's bloody hard to get a kick away pinned down on your own line.

Yes, that was my point exactly.