What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2000-2005 All Star Australia Team...

• Thread starter Deleted member 10972
  • Start date

bluesbreaker

Bench
Simpson is really, really underrated guys. It's not just my bias, but watch him play, he _never_ has bad games. Very much like Hindmarsh with a little more aggression, and a little less fitness (I guess, they're both 80 minute players).

I'd have him over Tallis after Tallis did his neck, he never really got back to being the blockbuster he was.

And Doogs deserves a spot somewhere, he's still awesome when uninjured.

Dragons_#1

Bench
what about brett dallas???
Gary larson did he ever play for australia and billy moore?? also greg florimo?
are all these guys way before time haha

RABK

Referee
Nathan Blacklock should be in there somewhere...didn't the bloke score over 100 try's in those 5 years?

Mr Saab

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
People laughing at Simmo, every game he has played against Hindmarsh he was the better player. I remember one game in 2002 where Simmo busted through Hindmarsh twice, made 180 metres with Hindmarsh marking him. :LOL:

I know he came out on top when it mattered as well.

thats mundine talk.
Mundine "I outplayed fittler and daley when i played them"....thats fine, but what about the other 22 games? How did you go in those?

Simmo might have outplayed Hindmarsh in one or 2 games, but one or 2 games dont make a season. Hindmarsh has been better than Simpson in the past 5 yrs

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
i agree with charlie saad abt hindy, but also i rkon the fact that blacklock never played rep for Aust. counts againt him in this thread

Snoop

Coach
bluesbreaker said:
Simpson is really, really underrated guys. It's not just my bias, but watch him play, he _never_ has bad games. Very much like Hindmarsh with a little more aggression, and a little less fitness (I guess, they're both 80 minute players).

I'd have him over Tallis after Tallis did his neck, he never really got back to being the blockbuster he was.

And Doogs deserves a spot somewhere, he's still awesome when uninjured.

You forgot to say Gidley deserves a spot as well.

Oh and Rudder for 5/8 and push Fittler to lock. Rudder practically won the 2001 premiership for Newcastle.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Rudder????!?!?! UR jokin, even if he was good in 01 thats only 1 year, u could say the same abt buettner, Freddie is and will be up there among the best 5/8s of all time

Mr Saab

Referee
eel...he is geeing up the knights supporters who are as biased as they come when talking about their players.
the knights would have one...two players only in the 2000-2005 team and thats Johns and maybe BK.

Snoop

Coach
Charlie Saab said:
eel...he is geeing up the knights supporters who are as biased as they come when talking about their players.
the knights would have one...two players only in the 2000-2005 team and thats Johns and maybe BK.

Geez Charlie, surely you're not the only person who could see it was a gee up. Rudder has found his rightful place in league playing park footy in France.

Mr Saab

Referee
snoopster77 said:
Geez Charlie, surely you're not the only person who could see it was a gee up. Rudder has found his rightful place in league playing park footy in France.

any mention of the name Rudder is a gee up x 10000 ;-)