What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2001 - The rest of the awards

2001 League Awards Team of the year – Eels Underachieving team of the year – Raiders Surprise team of the year - Warriors Player of the year – Lockyer Overated player of the year – Chris Walker Buy of the year – Brad Drew Most promising talent – Braith Anasta (back) Jason Ryles (forward) Joke of the year – Jim Hall and the judiciary Dummy spit of the year – Wayne Bennett Creative accountancy award – Brisbane Broncos with special mention to the Roosters Funniest poster of the year – Tommy Teako (though I’m pretty sure he wasn’t trying to be)

Warlock

Think of the most annoying, ignorant, petty, mindless dung beetle you have come across and multiply it by 10.

That's Tommyteako.

He's gone into hiding since the Broncs went out of the finals, he was a regular poster on WORL, not sure if he's posted here much.

Most posters @ WORL fall into the tommyteako character.
Team of the year - Eels
Underachieving Team - Penrith
Surprise Team - Warriors
Player of the year - Lockyer/Campbell
Overrated Player - Brett Kimmorley
Buy of the year - Brad Drew/Ben Walker
Promising Talent - Anasta (backs) Meyers (forwards)
Joke of the year - Lack of marketing for RL
Dummy Spit - Bennett and Mark McGaw
Creative accounting - Without rival (ROOSTERS). If they buy kimmorley then the system is a total joke
Funniest Poster - Rooster Cogburn, Bretts lunacy and the never ending comedy from Ozbash..cheers buddy :)
MFC.

<u>Team of the year </u>– Bulldogs <u>Underachieving team of the year </u>– Raiders <u>Surprise team of the year </u>- Warriors <u>Player of the year </u>– Preston Campell. Special mention of Nigel Vagana <u>Overated player of the year </u>– Andrew Johns <u>Buy of the year </u>– Jason Taylor <u>Most promising talent </u>– Braith Anasta (backs), Jason Ryles (forwards) <u>Joke of the year </u>– Wayne Bennett's media games, along with the Tallis 'will he - won't he' episode. Bill Harrigan and the Eels have been successful during ten of their encounters this year, as someone mentioned earlier. Coincidence? I thinks not. <u>Dummy spit of the year </u>– Wayne Bennett in conection with the Hodges inccident. <u>Creative accountancy award </u>– Excuse my stupidity, but I don't understand whatthis award means. <u>Funniest poster of the year </u>– Raging Bulldog and his work over at WORL for a couple of weeks had me in stiches. Over here at LWOS, Mud and Blood with his short but effective posts.

O

ozbash

<u>Team of the year </u>– parra eels <u>Underachieving team of the year </u>– panthers <u>Surprise team of the year </u>- storm <u>Player of the year </u>– Preston Campell,motu tony,gerry seuseu <u>Overated player of the year </u>–fittler <u>Buy of the year </u>– kev campion-jason death for the bunnies nxt season <u>Most promising talent</u> paleasina,motu tony,preston cambell,clinton toopi <u>greatest moment for me this year</u> the warriors "no excuses" performance and the win over the broncs

Team of the year - Parramatta-Eels.
Underachieving Team - Canberra-Raiders.
Surprise Team - New Zealand-Warriors.
Player of the year - Darren Lockyer / Shane Webke.
Overrated Player - Brad Fitler (as this years performance showed).
Buy of the year - Jason Taylor.
Promising Talent - Braith Anasta.

Joke of the year - Grand Final not being shown live in Melbourne / Jim Hall and his goons.
Dummy Spit - ?
Creative accounting - Roosters. They post probably by Kimmorley and the system IS a joke.

Funniest Poster - Studebaker.

R-Bulldog

Here's a post that was posted on WORL only a short while ago..

"Brett Kimmorley this afternoon has signed a 3 year deal to play with the Sydney Roosters under the guidance of Ricky Stuart. He has acceppted less money to play with the Roosters than offered by the Dragons, the only remaining club chasing his signature. The reason for this other than the opportunity to work with Phil Gould and Ricky Stuart is he wanted to play for a club that had a realistic chance of fighting out the 2002 Telstra Cup and felt the Dragons would not be as competitive due to a player drain at the club"

Iwas also informed of this yesterdayby a close media friend of mine, and that's why I said in my post above that he WILL play for the Roosters.

R-Bulldog.