What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2003 = premiership # 16

Willow

Assistant Moderator
EA:
I understand how Wests Tigers supporters find the Dragons situation to be a little annoying. Same with Souths supporters who stood alone at their own peril and probably see Saints as having it both ways.

But the St George and Illawarra situation is a fairly unique. Both districts already have a lot in common...the relationship has been a close one and it goes back about 80s years.

I concede that the fact that Illawarra hasn't won a premiership made things easier and gave officials room to move on this issue. I can also see that WestsTigers can't do the same becauseWests and Balmain have a long separate histories with premiership in tow.

In any case it was possible for Saints to this so its been done... it will take a little time for some to accept it as fact. Its my view that this has righted things.

As forbringing the history together because it makes us feel better... well... what wrong with that? :D

Congratulations to the club
Not entirely how i wanted it a continuation of St.George with reference to Illawarra but i have had a good look at it and a good read (as i was at the AGM) and it seems the most fair way. Encorporating both under it. I don't see any reason the West Tigers can't do the same. I feel they should be playing for Premiership 20 something next time round.

imported_E_A__

Juniors
Willow, stuff making them feel better. :p

You got in first regarding Illawarra. According to the Saints people, theIllawarrasupporters are now the proud owners of 15 premierships.

Good on 'em. :)

Benny, I'm seriously not fussed about it. I don't feel any connection to Balmain at all and I doubt I ever will. The fact that Illawarra never won a premiership is obviously the reason that it's different but I wonder how an Illawarra supporter would feel about this news.

imported_Tonyp

Juniors
Barnaby Jones.
I am a friend of Rex H's, who is currently in London. He sent me an email asking how he can get a CD to you. Any ideas? Send an email to :-
tony@copycentral.com.au
Rex says he'll miss the Charity Shield but may be back for R2K03
And with the combined records and all, does that give St George it's first Wooden Spoon

imported_E_A__

Juniors
PMSL

The list grows ever more impressive.

Want a real laugh?

Have a look at WORL and some very lonely wanker demanding that all the media "Toe the line".

ROFL

There used to be some funny stuff going on there before the split but THAT thread is the funniest I've ever read. It backs up everything I've said and thought about the majority of Saints supporters.

Willow, seeing as how I'm banned over there, maybe you should point out TonyP's point regarding the now blemished record for Saints regarding the Wooden Spoon.

I dare you. ;)

imported_E_A__

Juniors
Please don't Tony, this stuff is priceless. You have a sense of humour, you're unusual for a Saints supporter.

I notice this thread has gone strangely quiet.

I'm getting scared.

:eek:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Arggh bugger working for a living... I'll come and here and keep you company, EA.

For the record.. and this is something for your BBQ trivia nights... St George have already got two wooden spoons. Sorry Tony, the story that we have no wooden spoons is a myth started up by some Saints supporter no doubt... probably me.. :D

Mind it was some time ago... 1922 and 1926.
emdgust.gif

imported_E_A__

Juniors
I'm working mate, I have this screen behind the work screen. I'm a sly prick.

Saints got a wooden spoon the year the Bears won a premiership?

For some reason, that makes perfect sense to me.

But, explain Darren Fritz.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Oh how f**kingly original Mr Angry...tell me when to stop chuckling. Christ, just when some fresh material was coming in too.

EA: I don't want Fritz... but then again I don't want Solomon Haumono either.

I tell you what, I'll swap you1 Darren Fritz and 3 Solomon Haumonos for 1 John Hopoate and 2 Craig Fields. Come to think of it, we'll keep our own mistakes. :D

imported_Tonyp

Juniors
Mr Sad, who will you support when JI blow up the Reactor, taking the Sharkies and ET's School of Kung Fu and his other cultist, clandestine business dealings with it.

imported_Tonyp

Juniors
You strike me as the sort of bloke who couldn't be funny if he tried. i know, reciting monty Python at parties used to get a smirk, but now I'm afraid you'll have to try harder.
Think of some figures of fun. I know. Peter Gow, his two skanky siblings, Dr Edelstein, Glen Wheeler, Noleen from Sylvania Waters...

I am not funny nor do I try to be.

You however are a very touchy soul like most Illawarra supporters. Not everone wants to be a clown like you.

imported_Tonyp

Juniors
Even if we were just Illawarra, we'd still have 15 more premierships than Cronulla.

Is that what's making you so angry, Mr Angry?