What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2003 Stats patch released!

Goleel

Juniors
I've finally released my 2003 stats patch, which changes the stats of every NRL player in the game to make the NRL season play more realistically.

Forwards are now slower, less agile, but break more tackles, tackle better than backs and offload more often. This makes hitups more useful as the forwards can break tackles and offload more often.

Backs now have a speed and agility advantage over forwards, but break far fewer tackles and offload less often, while having weaker defense. This forces players to put their backs into gaps to score rather than running a one man show.

The patch reduces the number of long range ridiculous tries while also making the 'star' NRL players more effective and the lesser known players less likely to score spectacular tries. No more 'superman' Laloa Milford or 'unstoppable' Matt Utai, they play more realistically.

I'd love if you guys would check this out and give feedback on it, the game really does play differently with this patch running, included is a readme file that explains everything you need to know.

Download at: http://www.geocities.com/golsrugbyleagueonline/

Erhan

Juniors
The only problem with that Gol, is that Matt Utai is unstopable in real life too! :) Perhaps my signiture can be a reminder for us all.. :)

Erhan

Juniors
The only problem with that Gol, is that that Matt Utai is unstopable in real life too! :) Perhaps my signiture can be a reminder for us all.. :)

Docking

Juniors
I downloaded it and am now using it. So far, I think it's much better, especially in more difficult game modes.

The only downside being that I had to redo all the other changes to players such as hair style, hair colour, skin colours again.

Apart from that, I think it's a big improvement.

ak47

Juniors
Erhan said:
The only problem with that Gol, is that that Matt Utai is unstopable in real life too! :) Perhaps my signiture can be a reminder for us all.. :)

its a pity it was paper defense

hodges mini and finch arent exactly good defenders at all

if it wasnt utai, vagana, or even talau would have made it thru

utai's thrown as the meter eater is slowly declining

look at his stats from rookie year to 2nd year and his avg mters gained per run is nearly half as much

just another stat sidhe forgot to update

lionmaul

Juniors
Excellent patch, has improved the game tremendously, feels even more like a simulation. I find myself looking for different players to pass to for different types of attacks and I now really do try to avoid those big tacklers. Can this patch be mixed with the 2004 patch, that adds faces, kits and lineups? Or will one patch screw up the other?
Cheers and Salu

aussies1st

Staff member
currently it would screw up a few faces here and there. You could copy and paste the created stuff in the 2004 patch into this patch.
The team lineups would be good apart from the new players, there should be no problems with the kits.

Goleel

Juniors
Good to see you guys like it. I'm working on a 2004 rosters version at the moment, but I'm undecided on changing jerseys, faces, etc... since they're so readily available elsewhere. Hopefully next week I can put out the 2004 rosters with rookies created for the game and player trades included, hopefully the 2004 draw as well.

Goleel

Juniors
OK, did some testing and can answer some questions

This wont work for the PS2 version as far as I know, especially not in any legal sense. If anyone can get it going, be my guest, but I have no idea.

Also, with Aussies1st's patch, I recommend if you want to use my patch with his patch, install his patch first, then only use my player.db file. I think this should work for you, the team stats wont be the same as I had changed, but the rosters will be 2004 instead of 2003.

[furrycat]

Coach
You cannot put patches onto the PS2 Version without re-burning the game. Database files are different to do than png, and I will not say how to do it by reburing the game.

Dragon

Coach
"Brilliant"

"Patch of the year"

"A must have"

.........are some phrases that come to mind to describe this patch. Nice one Gol :clap:

NPK

Bench
I find that the patch makes the game more realistic. I have noticed a lot more dominant tackles however. The forwards don't seem to gain much ground as I expected, but overall it is an improvement of the game :)