What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2004 ALL-AUSTRALIAN TEAM

meltiger

First Grade
Stormin Norman said:
y lloyd at ff i'm not be increadably bies but the amount of ball lloyd has had fed to him he does not not deserve it the g train was easly the best up till a couple of weeks ago and i know i will get shot down for this but fevola is not getiing the ball fed to him nearly as much and has kick just as many goals and played less games i'm not the only one to say this many former player experts have aswel

I tend to agree, Fev at this stage should be the All Australian FF imho.

EA, they have always picked All Australian teams, it has nothing to do with the 'tests' against Ireland. The players picked in the All Australian side just have first choice of playing in the International rules matches. Usually quite a few do pull out.

CyberKev

Staff member
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
And Hawthorn are going great guns.

11,000 at the MCG.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Given the way we're travelling, that's a good deal more than we deserved to get!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
And Hawthorn are going great guns.

11,000 at the MCG.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Given the way we're travelling, that's a good deal more than we deserved to get!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Any truth to the Wallace rumour doing the rounds Kev? Surely Hawthorn cannot afford to pay out Schwab?

I understand about the All-Australian team and the team for the hybrid matches. The point that Dimitri was making is that they're picked only, they don't play someone.

As with Baseball, NFL and Hockey in the US, the AFL should find some rep matches for the players to aspire to. Having a rep team that doesn't actually play is wearing a bit thin.

Kev, I've been hearing that a move to Tassie is on the cards, maybe they should fast-track that.

meltiger

First Grade
I understand about the All-Australian team and the team for the hybrid matches. The point that Dimitri was making is that they're picked only, they don't play someone.

As with Baseball, NFL and Hockey in the US, the AFL should find some rep matches for the players to aspire to. Having a rep team that doesn't actually play is wearing a bit thin.

I actualyl agree although not on the All Australian Team. They should bring back SOO football and bring it back as quickly as possible. The fact that we don't get to see the real Big V run around anymore is terrible. Especially nowadays where there are enough talented players to make the All Stars concept viable as the fourth team to go with VIC, SA & WA.

The All Australian Team always has and always should be nothing more than recognition for the best players in the country in his position for the year. Thankfully the All Australian Team has managed to steer clear of the kind of nepotism you see in the Kangaroo and Wallaby sides. (Not having a go there - Coaches will always play favourites no matter what sport you talk about) Usually, the best players are picked. Although this year will be a big test, if the over rated pansy from Essendon gets the nod ahead of Fevola, the selectors are a disgrace.

meltiger

First Grade
& for the record, Richo deserves a run no question at all. 50 goals now in 12 games in a truly terrible team is a sensational effort from the big fella.

Latest posts