What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2004 Flegg team slowly coming into 1st grade

L NUTTER said:
eela

over here our development side is made up of a majority
of 18yr-20yr olds a few younger ones in there as well
but also there are some bartercard vetrans as well
so its ages vary

our development program is basically zilch
as a collective team
they may if they are lucky
get a handful of games then thats it

the development players train with the fulltime squad
but most on a part time bases
but on the feild they play for there irrespective clubs for batercard duty

for the 16s and 18s over here
they have a pre season national tournament as well
its our NJC comp
akld, wel, wai, cant, nth, cent, count
its a regional comp
its run over a six week period

players who excell in that comp
get picked for our development squad
as well as National rep teams
nz 16s, and jks

its starting to prove its merit now
with players coming through like
soliola, anderson, vatuvei, adam blair, thomas leuluai

and players that are now in parra flegg
davis, hauraki, poaneki, tavinor

all who are now benefiting from the impressive system in place a parra
compared to what we have currently now
though there are murmurs
that new management is trying to rectify
the developments lack of on feild competition

Gee that Adam Blair for the Storm looks a great prospect.

eelavation said:
probably fare to say that our current Flegg side doesn't shape up as well as the 04 or 05 side but it's still a handy team, certainly top 8 material. the blokes on the crest would imo be the following.

Josh Davis
David Williams
Ben Farrer
Kris Keating
Tony Williams
Iwi Hauraki.

I also rate Mark Hendy....I have not seen him play of late as I haven't seen many Junior games but everytime that I did see him play he looked to have some skill about him. He's always named on the bench for some reason in Flegg.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
I also rate Mark Hendy....I have not seen him play of late as I haven't seen many Junior games but everytime that I did see him play he looked to have some skill about him. He's always named on the bench for some reason in Flegg.

yeah, he's been finding it difficult to crack it for a spot in the starting 13. we have a bit of depth in the backline and you have to also remember that Inu and Hayne are still eligible for Flegg and David Williams who's predominantly a centre playing in the backrow so I would imagine that Hendy would be the next pick if Davis and Farrer go down.

PB

Bench
Tony Williams is still eligable for SG Ball is he not? or do we have two of them? (we have plenty of Williams's)

Stagger eel

Staff member
PB said:
Tony Williams is still eligable for SG Ball is he not? or do we have two of them? (we have plenty of Williams's)

yep! and fare to say just too good for that comp.

Utey

Coach
Jake the snake said:

Good player I saw him play Nutrigrain cup once. Kid with the headgear?

He plays 5/8 doesnt he?

sooperdooper

First Grade
and jake the snake as much talent as feleti has he isnt playing first grade for a reason...he is lacking something..

The Engineers Room

First Grade
sooperdooper said:
and jake the snake as much talent as feleti has he isnt playing first grade for a reason...he is lacking something..

I agree and I think that he should not come in at the expense of O'Dwyer.

<UPtheEELS> said:
Good player I saw him play Nutrigrain cup once. Kid with the headgear?

He plays 5/8 doesnt he?

Yeah he's a jack of all trades even played lock once in Flegg. Even though does not have the build for that Posy.

L NUTTER

Juniors
Jake the snake said:
Gee that Adam Blair for the Storm looks a great prospect.

kids got talent
under bellamy and co
can only get better
hope he gets more chanes to ply his trade

1eyedeel

Juniors
Just wanted to point out that Feleti has already played first grade. Made his debut the same week as Ben Smith in 2004 against Melbourne Storm. I dug back into my archives and this was the performance report I gave him:
"Feleti Mateo - 7 (7)
Made every post a winner in his debut. Despite limited game-time got heavily involved making 15 hitups for 107 metres. Looked a constant threat, managed to slip a couple of smart offloads and will now be difficult to displace. Without doubt, a future star. The question is will it be at five-eighth or lock?"
It's perhaps somewhat easier to understand how it got demotivated a little after making this kind of impact on debut and then getting dropped again...

parra pete

Referee
filthy_spammers said:
Just wanted to point out that Feleti has already played first grade. Made his debut the same week as Ben Smith in 2004 against Melbourne Storm. I dug back into my archives and this was the performance report I gave him:
"Feleti Mateo - 7 (7)
Made every post a winner in his debut. Despite limited game-time got heavily involved making 15 hitups for 107 metres. Looked a constant threat, managed to slip a couple of smart offloads and will now be difficult to displace. Without doubt, a future star. The question is will it be at five-eighth or lock?"
It's perhaps somewhat easier to understand how it got demotivated a little after making this kind of impact on debut and then getting dropped again...

I was at that game. The Eels were robbed with a last second video try to Matt Orford, I think....If orford didn't score he set it up...

Utey

Coach
parra pete said:
I was at that game. The Eels were robbed with a last second video try to Matt Orford, I think....If orford didn't score he set it up...

Wade still to this day prob reckons he didnt get it down. :lol:

parra piggy

Juniors
wade still probably has an imprint from the stitching of the ball on his arm till this day too .........;-)

Latest posts