What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2004 Select NRL Footy cards.

edabomb

First Grade
Hahaha yea the masters set was awesome. Fuluvai had a few cards in his time. The 91 card of Paul Martin is a classic, hugging some sheila after the 90 GF.

OVP

Coach
pffft

you guys havent lived until youve owned the Terry Wickey card :lol:

or the back of the Kevin Hastings card that had a set of testicles hanging out (in those days the back of the cards were like a giant jigsaw puzzle, and Hastings had a set of gonads at the back of his head :( )

edabomb

First Grade
Hahahahaha. Yea I think my 82 and 86 cards have jigsaws on the back. I'm pretty happy such an item isn't in my collection, or if it has I haven't realised....

OVP

Coach
From memory, i remember the set of gonads belonged to a St George player. And since it usually pictured a scene from the previous years Grand Final im guessing roughly 1978. Since 1977 was Saints vs Parra i think !!

I bet Southern Rooster can remember this ... lets hope he can back me up with the proper details :)

miccle

Bench
Got my box yesterday. Full set of regulars, and 8 inserts. Premiership Predictor for the roosters, which I think is pretty good odds. Also got the Ben Ross autograph card, which is damn cool as well. I seem to have a habit of getting the autographed "Future Force" cards featuring players who go on to rep selectiong! I have Luke Lewis, Corey Parker and now Ben Ross from the last 3 sets :)

Dog-E

Juniors
OVP said:
From memory, i remember the set of gonads belonged to a St George player. And since it usually pictured a scene from the previous years Grand Final im guessing roughly 1978. Since 1977 was Saints vs Parra i think !!

I bet Southern Rooster can remember this ... lets hope he can back me up with the proper details :)

Yep - cos if ANYONE knows bollocks - it's a Rosster fan!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ohhhh that WAS uncalled for....but I just couldn't help meself!....No, no - don't het up on my account - I'll throw myself out!! :lol:

And back on topic - I checked 'em out on the web & I don't like this year's cards!...There just seems to be less different inserts, and WHY WHY WHY is there no Bulldogs Future Force card!?!? :evil: I WANT SONNY-BILL!!!!!

Plus one thing I could never really get my head around - these things are released at about the halfway point of the season - so WHY then, is there for example - a card for (SNIGGER SNORT!!) Corey freakin' Hughes...but none for Sonny-Bill, Willie Tonga etc etc...the players you'd actually WANT??

I know they have both only played this year - but come on - if the cards are released in July - how had is it to get a single photo from a pic agency, and bung it in the mix?!?!

Corey freaking Hughes inDEED!!! :x

I'll just probably collect the Dogs set off e-bay like many others above...but if they'd just put a bit more care 'n effort in - they'd have had $150 of mine for a box for SURE!

White Poiner

Coach
Yeah i wonder why there are ryan mcgoldric and keith galloway. (Yes!! :clap: two sharks cards) in future force and no karmicheal hunt and the players dog-e said.
Im not complaining but it is a bit weird. Probably these where the best players they could get. Mcgoldric is pretty good but galloway is pretty bad. Also why is galloway there and not Hilder?. :shock: :(
Hay has anyone got any special sharks cards because i am willing to buy them. yeah I will by any 2004 sharks cards. (preferably signatures). :mrgreen:

hrundi99

First Grade
Maybe the Dogs didn't let them do the autographing of the cards for some reason...?

Latest posts