What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2004 Trial Games

stormboy

Juniors
Thanks Stewy - interesting no lower grades for Norths as of yet - we traditionally have a trial against Souths each season

Sydney Carton

Juniors
Wouldn't be suprised if Norths play the Noosa Pirates as it's at their home ground.

Will be a young side probably as most Norths 1st Graders will pull on the purple jersey that night I'd reckon

Big Cam Cherry said:
I did hear a figure for Langlands when it was first done but I just can't remeber it of the top of my head. I know somebody who would know I'll try and get onto them.

The Langlands stand was supposed to be about $1/4 million which sounds a bit high to me, but that's what I heard.

Kougari needs some more undercover seating desperately, as does several others.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Not sure what was included in the Langlands construction, but $250000 would sound reasonable value for what they have.

I assume part of the existing was there long before the roof, toilets, canteen etc were constructed. Still it is a huge area to roof and do it to the quality they have would have taken every bit of $250K I would have thought.

I agree XXXX Cap.

I can't remember now what was there before, I think they put new seating, a roof and I'm not sure what else.

I know at one time Redcliffe were looking at removing the Western Hill and constructing a Grand Stand but it was going to be 1 million just to remove the hill. So I think plan B is to keep part of it up just above where the terrace seating finishes and take some of the hill of try and build a stand there even that I hear will cost 500k to 600k to build it the way they want it. And I know the returns the clubs gets through gate taking isn't very high.

Sydney Carton

Juniors
Any updates guys?

2004 trials so far

Qld Cup

3 - Redcliffe, Central, Toowoomba
2 - Wynnum, Ipswich
1 - Souths-Logan, Tweed Heads, Brothers-Valleys, Burleigh, Norths, Easts, Young Guns

BRL & Colts

3 - Redcliffe
2 - Wynnum, Ipswich
1 - Wests, Easts
0 - Runaway Bay, Souths-Logan, Norths, Brothers-Valleys, Burleigh

stormboy

Juniors
The Devils Colts and A Grade will have trials before season proper - I will contact the club in the new year and let u know ASAP

chileman

Coach
Stewbum, I was talking to Dave Warwick (spelling????) from Wynnum Seagulls and that trial on the 29th between Wynnum and Ipswich may be moved to the 28th as a double header...Wynnum vs Ipswich and then Manly Sea Eagles vs South Sydney Rabbits....I let you know when he calls me back next week!

Sydney Carton

Juniors
chileman said:
Stewbum, I was talking to Dave Warwick (spelling????) from Wynnum Seagulls and that trial on the 29th between Wynnum and Ipswich may be moved to the 28th as a double header...Wynnum vs Ipswich and then Manly Sea Eagles vs South Sydney Rabbits....I let you know when he calls me back next week!

Thanks Chileman. Can you ask him if Wynnum are playing any other trials when you speak to him?

gullsfan

Juniors
chileman said:
You mean they were going to split them up, how rediculous.