What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 Off-Contract Panthers Players

Detox

Juniors
The following players are off-contract at the end of 2005, they can all talk with other clubs after June 30.

Out of the following, who do you really want the club to keep and you do you think they can afford to let go for 2006?

Shannon Donato
Frank Puletua
Nathan Gilchrist
Michael Burke
Ryan Rolfe
Trent Clayton
David McLean
Jono Rolfe
Garret Crossman
Matthew Pow
Paul Franze
Shanelle Haumono
Brett Howland

Add any corrections or additions to that list via a reply if needed

Detox

Juniors
Could a administrator or moderator make this topic a "Sticky" I feel as though it may come to some good use during the season, and when the June 30 deadline gets closer.

Thank-You in advance

Corbin

Juniors
Shannon Donato NO
Frank Puletua NO
Nathan Gilchrist DNO
Michael Burke DNO
Ryan Rolfe DNO
Trent Clayton YES
David McLean NO
Jono Rolfe DNO
Garret Crossman YES
Matthew Pow DNO
Paul Franze YES
Shanelle Haumono DNO
Brett Howland YES

The Whippet

Juniors
Ok for a start you forgot to mention that Craig Gower is off-contract along with Preston Campbell.

I have a feeling that Luke Rooney, Joe Gualavou and Tony Puletua may be off as well and you might want to check up on Brett Howland's contract as I feel that he may be off at the end of 2006.

Detox

Juniors
The Whippet said:
Ok for a start you forgot to mention that Craig Gower is off-contract along with Preston Campbell.

I have a feeling that Luke Rooney, Joe Gualavou and Tony Puletua may be off as well and you might want to check up on Brett Howland's contract as I feel that he may be off at the end of 2006.
Like I said in the first post, "Add any corrections or additions to that list via a reply if needed" :)

Caged Panther

First Grade
pretty sure joe isn't tony certainly is though. Another year of retention and consolidation with the juniors no major purchases forseeable.

Big Mick

Referee
The only people we shouldn't re-sign are David McLean, Shannon Donato and Frank Puletua.

The rest, should be signed as we should have more than enough in the cap.

I feel a pretty good signing coming on this year too. We've let a hell of a lot of players go.

SP

Bench
Detox said:
Could a administrator or moderator make this topic a "Sticky" I feel as though it may come to some good use during the season, and when the June 30 deadline gets closer.

Thank-You in advance

:-k

let me think about this one :lol: :p

Caged Panther

First Grade
Detox said:

Thank-You in advance

you know i read this and i forgot i didn't even think to do it, forgot i was a mod :lol: :lol:

*Sandy*

First Grade
I think that's a hard question to answer before we have seen some of the newer or younger players form for 2005.

I have to disagree with NOT re-signing David McLean. He's not a player who will make a permanent spot on 1st Grade but a player you can depend on to be a solid addition on a 1st Grade loss - if that makes sense.

SP

Bench
Probably the main one for me would be F Puletua. He was crap when he left, i have no idea why we signed him back.

probably Howland too

Donato, i dont really know, i think he should move on to bring Paul Aiton into the PL

*Sandy*

First Grade
Donato has played a big part in the Panthers on the Prowl. His signing past and present has been a very valuable one for Penrith and it's community. What's Shannon's age? I can see him retiring from professional football within the next few years but I hope he stays on with the programme.

Big Mick

Referee
I think we are going to purchase a couple of good quality players this year.

I think we should have the money to get into the player market, if needs be.