What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 predictions

izzo

Juniors
Paul Hewson said:
*Braith Anasta to announce that he is returning home to Souths.
*Bryan Fletcher to head off to ESL with Luke Ricketson.
*About 5 Brian Smith rumours that he is on the outer at Parra.
*Cowboys to make the GF.
*Newcastle to struggle without Andrew Johns.
*Tigers to make the 8.

I like the Anasta one, I hope Fletch stays lol and Smith well he will never leave haha and Cowboys to make the GF big call but anything can happen in this game and Knights will struggle without Joey well if history repeats itself and Tigers to make the 8 well thats up to them lol

MadDogMason

Juniors
Bulldogs to go back to back
Sonny Bill to play SOO
Gus to join Penrith
Price to be released from Warriors at the end of season and return to the Dogs
Cowboys to Make the top 2
Roosters to have a slow start but pick up at seasons end
Melbourne to Entertain once again
Raiders to finish 5th
Knights stay clear of the 8
Parramatta to finish in the 8
Sherwin number 7 for SOO
Todd Carney to be a sensation

nqboy

First Grade
Freddy to cast aside his walking frame and come out of retirement because Phool 'Goose' Gould thinks he deserves the chance to go out on top.

The Colonel

Immortal
* Injury worries to players other than Andrew Johns will disrupt the Newcastle season and they will struggle due to lack of depth.

* Brad Fittler will return on the same deal as Ben Ikin and Darren Smith when the Roosters season looks all but finished, boosting them back into the top eight.

* Brian Smith will stand aside as Parramatta first grade coach to oversee the clubs entire coaching staff as director. Peter Sharp will take over the reigns with Dean Pay becoming his assistant before taking over in 2006.

* The Tigers will unearth some major talent that will take them into the top eight early in the season. A lack of experience, injuries to key players and a long season for their youngsters will see them again finish tenth.

* The Cowboys will struggle to back up their fantastic finish of 2004.

TIGERPies

Juniors
i think thats a good insight but you forgot the bit for parra

*AFter releasing Witt who has gone on to do big things for manly, lack of depth in the halves brings a close to their season with PJ reinjuring his kneck after a high tackle by Caine Cleal

*And chan playing for melbourne will chop morrison with an accidentall high shot

stubbsie

Juniors
Injury worries to players other than Andrew Johns will disrupt the Newcastle season and they will struggle due to lack of depth.

We may have lost the likes of Tahu, Kennedy and Robbie O. But the knights have signed a lot of young promising players to fill that lack of depth we had this year.

Hanan Laban (Wainuiomata), Matt Lantry (Eels), Todd Maddison (Wests Newcastle), Dane Campbell (Easts Tigers), Dustin Cooper (Storm 2yrs), Grant Wooden (Wynnum Manly 1yr), Jesse Royal (Panthers) 2yrs, Kirk Reynoldson (Storm) for 4yrs, Kurt Hancock (Bathurst St Patricks 2yrs)

*Knights will make the semi finals without Johns and Steve Witt and Luke Dorn will take control in the halves with kurt gidley going to the centres with his brother.

Kelly Patrol

Juniors
Roosters will miss the 8.Psychologically they are shot.
Broncos minor premiers and GF victors.
Brian Smith quits mid season.Parra go on to make top 8 with Taylor as headcoach.
The Dragqueens miss the 8.Brown is sacked.

Kelly Patrol said:
Roosters will miss the 8.Psychologically they are shot.
Broncos minor premiers and GF victors.
Brian Smith quits mid season.Parra go on to make top 8 with Taylor as headcoach.
The Dragqueens miss the 8.Brown is sacked.

i hope you will put money on the Roosters missing the 8

RainMan

Juniors
stubbsie said:
*Knights will make the semi finals without Johns and Steve Witt and Luke Dorn will take control in the halves with kurt gidley going to the centres with his brother.

If you think Luke Dorn will be a Knights saviour, then you are in for a long fruitless year. Same goes for Grant Wooden.

The Colonel

Immortal
stubbsie said:
Injury worries to players other than Andrew Johns will disrupt the Newcastle season and they will struggle due to lack of depth.

We may have lost the likes of Tahu, Kennedy and Robbie O. But the knights have signed a lot of young promising players to fill that lack of depth we had this year.

You have signed young and promising players however they will not account for the lack of depth. I hope that they do however young players generally in their first year start well and fall away due to the length of the season. Reynoldson and Cooper will do well. Wooden and Dorn will prop up your Premier League side.

The Colonel

Immortal
TIGERPies said:

*AFter releasing Witt who has gone on to do big things for manly, lack of depth in the halves brings a close to their season with PJ reinjuring his kneck after a high tackle by Caine Cleal

*And chan playing for melbourne will chop morrison with an accidentall high shot

I made my calls with respect to the players that are at the Tigers. Losing the likes of Senter and Sattler will impact especially as the season wear and tear effects the young blokes. They may play through the season however the relaince on young players without that added experience tells on all....

Your calls are just those of someone who is bitter about missing the eight.

simostorm

Bench
dodge said:
Semi-Final 2 - Sunday September 18: Bulldogs v Storm :D

We all know the result....

Man, we better not play the Dogs again next year in the Semi's, ill be so peeved off.
Hopefully next season we can advance to the pre's or even the GF.

TIGERPies

Juniors
The Colonel said:
TIGERPies said:

I made my calls with respect to the players that are at the Tigers. Losing the likes of Senter and Sattler will impact especially as the season wear and tear effects the young blokes. They may play through the season however the relaince on young players without that added experience tells on all....

Your calls are just those of someone who is bitter about missing the eight.

Sattler missed more tackles than any other tiger this year, he and senter are dead wood better off without them for next year.

i hope Caine Cleal does sort out pj though that would make me laugh hard, although id feel sorry for pj coz hes a good bloke and a qlder

obviously u dont see the humour in the Cleal vs Parra dispute

one thing that is sure to happen though is that ex parra players will continue to shine

The Colonel

Immortal
TIGERPies said:
Sattler missed more tackles than any other tiger this year, he and senter are dead wood better off without them for next year.

We'll see.

i hope Caine Cleal does sort out pj though that would make me laugh hard, although id feel sorry for pj coz hes a good bloke and a qlder

Shows just how small a human being you are by wishing harm upon another person just so you can laugh.

obviously u dont see the humour in the Cleal vs Parra dispute

I'm over the Cleal dispute. I like the fact the Tigers needed to win 1 out of 3 and couldn't do that - do you see the humour in that?

one thing that is sure to happen though is that ex parra players will continue to shine

No doubt they will and good luck to them - couldn't have been more pleased to see Andy Ryan lead the Dogs to victory. He's a good bloke as is Tonga....

melon....

Coach
Manly will win the spoon.

The Dogs will find themselves in more off field dramas.

Gallop will step down.

Firman will have season ending injury

Soward will debut in First Grade and kill it.

Latest posts