What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 resolution-see as many games as you can

simostorm

Bench
Victorians crack jokes about how shite league is cos it cant pull big crowds compared to Afl.
The only way this is going to change is if everyone sees double the amount of games they saw last year, even if its not your team.
Thats my resolution any how.

ouwet

Bench
Goin too every Bulldogs game in NSW and one interstate game is my yearly ritual (Unless i'm sick i keep too it :D )... I also go too about 4-5 other NRL games in the course of a year with my mates who support other teams (But i cant afford more then that haha)...

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
I think to pull crowds, instead of the harcore fans going to watch other teams, you need fringe supporters to start watching their team.

God-King Dean

Immortal
That's my News Year resolution also. I have calculated I'm goin to a maximum 19 Dragons games, barring finals games. I won't be goin to any out of state games.

I'll prolly end up goin to every game at Campbelltown Stadium also

SOULS 04

Juniors
i was soft last year but planning on making up for it this year
so depending on work i plan on going to as many raiders games in sydney as i can and hopefully a trip to melb and a few times to canberra

woodgers

Bench
I think to pull crowds, instead of the harcore fans going to watch other teams, you need fringe supporters to start watching their team.
Correct Cliffy. I have been a season ticket holder for about 10 years and went with about 3 mates. 3 has since turned into 25 further season ticket holders in 2004 and now we go close to 50 in 2005. My favourite story out of the 50 members is a guy from Hong Kong who knows bugger all about league. We took him to the Raiders semi vs Melbourne in 2003 at Bruce. He got a season ticket last year and when in Hong Kong recently he got a huge Viking banner made for about $300. He still doesn't really know the rules but loves it anyway. I believe that if people drag their fathers, brothers, mates, sister's boyfriend, whatever! then league will prosper and go bananas.

nqboy

First Grade
Aiming for every Cowboys home game except round 2 v the Dogs (on a flight to NZ), and away games v the Warriors and the Dogs at Carrara. As for the bloke that can't attend Sydney games because he lives in Canberra - Toughen up, Princess. If I was a Raiders supporter livign in Canberra, I'd be aiming at every Raiders game in NSW.

Broncodroid

Juniors
thuganomics said:
Sucks that I have to live in Canberra, can only to Raiders games

nqboy said:
As for the bloke that can't attend Sydney games because he lives in Canberra - Toughen up, Princess. If I was a Raiders supporter livign in Canberra, I'd be aiming at every Raiders game in NSW

Are you knowledgable of the thuga's situation? Is work preventing him from attending ALL Sydney games? Schooling priorities? The all important dollar, is this a factor for him not attending? Does he drive?

Ignorant post nqboy targeted at thuga. (BTW, thuga, no need to elaborate on why you can't or won't be able to attend Sydney games as well...I was proving a point.)

I will get to Brisbane's sydney games and in between Sydney Rooster games. I will be in Brisbane for the Round 25 clash vs the Roosters...heaven!

I am also planning on attend the Sydney Origin encounter (is there 2 this season?).

The Colonel

Immortal
Will attend at the very worst every home game at Parramatta. Will be travelling to Brisbane in April and will endeavour to catch most of the Sydney games. Probably only miss Melbourne, Warriors and Nth Qld....

Heading out to Parkes for the second trial game as well.

The Whippet

Juniors
Well I'm going to as many Cowboys games in NSW as I can. A few Dragons ones, Charity Shield, a few Souths ones, a few Parramatta ones and I'm sure that my girlfriend will drag me along to a few Panthers games.

We will be going to all home games and away one's in NSW and may even get to nz as my wife maybe going to a conference on the weekend the match is scheduled

Raider_69

Post Whore
this year i hope to attend as many sydney games as i can for canberra, also make a few trips down to canberra when i get a car or i get a job that pays enough for me to catch a bus or something.

ATM it sucks cause most my weekly hours at work come on the weekends, looking to try and get myself a weekday job with the weekends off then ill be sweet :mrgreen:

Generalissimo Stalin said:
We will be going to all home games and away one's in NSW and may even get to nz as my wife maybe going to a conference on the weekend the match is scheduled

Not popping down to Melbourne to catch a Storm game?

I'll be going to every Newtown game at Henson PL & JBC. All stand alone PL games as well plus JBC games that don't clash with the 2nd job.
Plus most Souths home games at SFS and time and girlfriend permitting, Norths home games at Bear Park.
And if there's nothing doing on a Sunday arvo, I'll end up going to Leichhardt to watch the Wastes Tiggers play.

choc_soldier

Coach
Will go to every Panthers game in NSW and Canberra, as well as the Cowboys game in Townsville in July. Plans are in place to go to Origin 2.

And also my girlfriend is a Dogs supporter, but for some reason, she prefers to watch it on TV, as she "knows what the hell is happening".

I intend to change that, starting with the with the season opener against the Dragons.

I will attempt to crack 30 throughout the year.

Iafeta

Referee
I'm taylor-changing my honeymoon in NZ to move VERY rapidly from the bottom of the South Island to Auckland to ensure I get home to see the Broncos in town.

I love my Mrs - she gives good head too :lol: