What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 Season Highlights DVD

Jeffles

Bench
Hello All

John Trad's 2005 Season Highlights DVD is available from the Newtown RLFC for sale. The cost is $15 plus postage.

Call Jenny at jets HQ on 1300 36 36 90 to get your copy.

Those who have seen the DVD at the presentation night would know how good it is. Traddy's skills have come a long way in recent years.

Manfred Moore

Juniors
Just had my first look at the Highlights DVD for 2005.

Congrats to the Tradmeister...nothing beats a cameraman who loves his subject material!

On the Stosic try mentioned in another thread it was against the Dragons not the Tigers...i stand corrected...though i thought some of u diehards might have picked me up on that!

Also what comes through is how good is Russ Aitken? His passing and reading of play his amazing. In the past he has done his time in lower grades for Cronulla and fully deserves a more decent shot at cementing a first grade spot. But with Dykes on the outer at the Sharks i'm not sure why they let Russ go...cos i think he's got alot of potential. Anyway i wish him all the best at the Cowboys. He has served the Jets with passion and skill this year.

And then theres good ol' Nathan Merritt. Looks like he's doing it easy everytime. Deadset freak...

Anyhows the DVD is a great trip down amnesia lane. Lets hope 2006 brings as many highlights!

bucks1972

Juniors
I got my copy of the DVD yesterday and have to say that it is a sensational way to remember what was a great year!

Manfred your right about Russ Aitken when you watch the highlights he has had a HUGE year and will be missed in the Royal Blue and White.

My 2yo son got up this morning and the first thing he asked for was to watch the Jets! So no doubt he's a Jet for life now..

2 True Blues

Coach
Top DVD. If you didnt know the words to the theme song, you would have it cemented in your brain now after watching it.

Definately agree with you MM. Some top plays by Russ. And how good is Nathan MERRITT. He is Johnny on the spot all the time. What he lacks in his defensive game is easily countered by his football brain and sense of being in the right spot all of the time in order to get THAT crucial pass that leads to the 4 points. Must be a good feeling knowing that you could play with a blindfold on and just throw the ball over your shoulder, and be guaranteed that Nathan will be right there waiting for it.
How good was that kick he put out wide on the run, ( Think against Balmain ) that lead to the try in the corner. Played it on slow mo several times, and you see the winger call for it, Nathan looks the defender in the eye without giving any indication that he has seen or heard the call, then sends over a beautifully accurate kick which leads to a top try.

THOMMO should get a sponsor from a bandage manufacturer, he wears one in nearly every game. What a tough unit and leader of men he is. Inspiring player.

girvie

Staff member
I just rang to order a copy. But they are sold out. Apparently there will be more available next year.

Jeffles

Bench
We had a few calls yesterday about it. If there is enough demand for a sdecond run then Traddy will do one. He has been very happy with the response.

Hopefully for 2006 it can be produced in time for the Newtown Festival. I think they'd sell great guns there.

hrundi99

First Grade
Traddy was riding around on a bike at the festival selling them. I think that's why they're sold out now...

2 True Blues

Coach
Re-run for sure Traddy. They would sell like KB's on a hot day at Henson Park home games. Not a lot of people probably even know they are for sale as don't come on this website and did not go to the presentation night.

Surely would sell about 100 at a home game by going for a walk on the Hill.