What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 Being Repeated In 2008

Billigan

Juniors
I think this season could end up the same as the 2006 season.

• Australia won the anzac day test match
  • Queensland won the state of origin series 2-1 just like in 2006. ( we lost the first game and everyone was talking about how good the blues were and that the blues will win the series. But in the second game we thrashed them 30-0 and in 2006 we thrashed the in game 2, 30-6. Game 3 was similar to as both games was won by a try in the dying stages of the match.
  • The broncos have alot of players leaving at the end of the season but dont forget our legend coach is leaving. in 2006 we had a legend in shane webcke leaving.
in 2006 we had the motto do it for webcke
in 2008 we have another motto, do it for wayne
with the broncos to be at near strenght 2 weeks i can see us repeating the 2006 season. I have a really big gut feeling that we can win it this year.

Bensterbronco18

Juniors
I hope so. That would be awesome to see it happen again. I remember being in the stands in the 06 final cheering webcke and it would be awesome to do it again for wayne

Mr Saab

Referee
Is that so Billigan?

* In 2007 we won the Anzac test (do we ever lose that game)
* We had more players to do it for....Berrgian, Petero, Tate, Thorn.

Coincidences dont wash with me....sorry

broncoman

Juniors
If we win the comp its because at full strength we have one of the best teams, with great players in key positions in top form there are very few teams that can stop us in big games.
It won't be because any rubbish like that, it will be because Lockyer, Hunt, Hodges, Wallace and Ennis will produce big plays in big matches when they have to.

Shorty

Staff member
No more premierships for you,2006 is still warm!
For the record I think Broncs will go mighty close,I guess it all depends on Lockyer's fitness.

salivor

First Grade
I think we're looking pretty good for a decent crack at it with all our key players coming back at the right time. I don't know if we're quite on Melbournes level this year and we're probably a year off really being ready but no other team in the comp really worries me when we're on song.

The player I'm most excited about is Justin Hodges. Normally by this time of the year he's starting to break down but the 6 week lay off should be a blessing in disguise.

Billigan

Juniors
Is that so Billigan?

* In 2007 we won the Anzac test (do we ever lose that game)
* We had more players to do it for....Berrgian, Petero, Tate, Thorn.

Coincidences dont wash with me....sorry

what about how queensland won the series. it was almost exacly how we won it in 2006.

and last year we did have more players to do it for but we couldnt because of all our injuries.

Mr Saab

Referee
what about how queensland won the series. it was almost exacly how we won it in 2006.

and last year we did have more players to do it for but we couldnt because of all our injuries.

Indeed. And last yr we were looking ok until this stage...then we got hammered with injuries...could happen agian in 2008.
As i said, i dont buy into coincidences...they are cute, but they dont mean anything.

salivor

First Grade
We'll have a decent crack although I think next year is our year

I thought next year was our year as well and then management have gone and decided to dismantle the side we were building. Hopefully we have a real crack at it this year as next year is making me very nervous.

renouf

Juniors
I thought next year was our year as well and then management have gone and decided to dismantle the side we were building. Hopefully we have a real crack at it this year as next year is making me very nervous.

Yeah this year is our year, although I thought last year was aswell until we picked up all those injuries. We definitely have something special this year with our attack, Ennis/Wallace/Lockyer

Billigan

Juniors
Yeah this year is our year, although I thought last year was aswell until we picked up all those injuries. We definitely have something special this year with our attack, Ennis/Wallace/Lockyer

i thought the same same thing last year, we all hope we dont pick up heaps of injuries this year

Twigg

Juniors
If 2006 were being repeated we will lose to the Cowboys and be f**ked for the next 6 games in a row, but because we are 6th we'll miss the eight lol. :crazy:

Big Pete

Referee
:lol: Fair call Twigg.

While the Origin series certainly had similarities in terms of our season compared to the 06 season I'd say it's extremely different.

We started 06 looking like busteds and everyone calling for Bennett's head and telling Lockyer to move back to fullback. This season the Broncos were being commended for their expansive play and the mobility in the forward pack. Big difference.

Although I must point something out...

In 98 we eliminated both the Storm and the Dogs to win the GF
99 Storm win the Premiership
00 Broncos go onto win it and suffer a huge exodus following the win.

06 we defeat the Dogs and Storm to win the GF
07 Storm win the Premiership, Broncos have a big exodus of past players
08 ???

It shall be interesting.

Billigan

Juniors
If 2006 were being repeated we will lose to the Cowboys and be f**ked for the next 6 games in a row, but because we are 6th we'll miss the eight lol. :crazy:
its becoming true now, we just lost to the bulldogs

Latest posts