What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 changes are now inevitable

eelandia

Juniors
They just seemed to be trying too hard and the Cowboys D was too good. Very dissappointing day for all of us who turned up.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Geez I dont think we need too many changes, it was just an ordinary performance with the wrong attitude.

In saying that we've got good talent coming through, which is good we didnt buy any players so far. If next year we have a few injuries, then there's good replacements. Brett Delaney, well this bloke plays with so much enthusiasm, he's gotta be in first grade. Did anyone see his performance in PL yesterday, he set up that try for Williams.

And Williams is putting so much pressure on Burt, he's got so much pace, he's strong. I looking forward to seeing him in first grade in 2006.

fish eel

Immortal
Wade was solid yesterday, but will face pressure from Reddy. Its no given that Reddy will take his spot though, particuarly if Wade keeps performing.

Same as Burt/Williams. The back half of the season, Burt has played well. If he keeps that up, he'll keep Williams out.

In any case, it wasnt any of the back three that cost us the match.

Delaney is the most likely to come in for next year, but do you drop Ben Smith?

Kornstar

Coach
I think Delaney would get a wing spot before Williams, i know Delaney is not a winger but he is quick and he is too good to let go IMO

KevinArnold

Juniors
McKinnon isnt going anywhere, hes the number 1.

Burt was decent yesterday. Its hard to do anything when the ball hardly went wide as it was dropped before it got there!

Wagons gotta go.

Morris.....enough said.

Avenger

Immortal
Burt is OK but Williams is better. I think the most pressure will be on Morris. Someone will be the scape goat here.

Stagger eel

Staff member
stiff-meister eel said:
I had that terrible feeling during the first 20 minutes of the game

I didnt bother watching the game after half time

You know that feeling, that nothing is going right & it won't improve kind of feeling

We need about 5 team changes for next year

in future, when you admit to not watching the second half after talking it up the way you have all year, well then this place isn't the place for you, our supporters are not pea hearts, and that's exactly what you are.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
he can also play 5/8th.

I say trial the kid there and see how he goes, however I'm not prepared to rule out Johnny staying there for another year, he's had solid year in a position where he was supposed to be a weak link all year.

Freak

Juniors
I may get ridiculled for suggesting this but is there any chance Hindmarsh plays up front next year??

He obviously isn't as quick as he once was and I just think it will be easier to develop juniors into the backrow such as Delaney. It might bring back his offloading game and he will continue to tackle the house down.

It might not happen next year but I think it will happen!!

I can't believe I am suggesting 2006 options on Monday after!!!!!!!

AAAARHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stiffmeister

Bench
eelavation said:
in future, when you admit to not watching the second half after talking it up the way you have all year, well then this place isn't the place for you, our supporters are not pea hearts, and that's exactly what you are.

Call me whatever but I suppose you're the type of guy that for example sees an accident that is about to happen or has had happened you will watch for the sake of it

Well my friend that is not me. I take pride in my team & I dont like to see bad things happen to them

Who said our supporters are pea hearts, dont put statements here which I didnt make. I haven't got a pea heart, far from it

I bet alot of fans turned their eyes away from the screen

Suitman

Post Whore
You all tend to forget that we won the moinor premiership with the team we had.

We have a salary cap and can't have a cleanout every frigging year that we don't win a comp.
I'm happy with what we have down there.

Suity

stiffmeister

Bench
When I say cleanout I mean giving the players from premier league a go ie Williams, Delaney etc. Otherwise if we keep the ageing players we may lose the younger ones

fish eel

Immortal
Suitman said:
You all tend to forget that we won the moinor premiership with the team we had.

We have a salary cap and can't have a cleanout every frigging year that we don't win a comp.
I'm happy with what we have down there.

Suity

I'm happy with the personel at the club and we did win the minor premiership, but have fallen short.

We will need to improve again next season to be a contender. The Tigers will be better, I'm also expecting the roosters to be stronger again. Newcastle will be sniffing around the 8 as well.

While we dont need a cleanout, I think we do need a bit more work to get back up there next season.

Stagger eel

Staff member
stiff-meister eel said:
Call me whatever but I suppose you're the type of guy that for example sees an accident that is about to happen or has had happened you will watch for the sake of it

Well my friend that is not me. I take pride in my team & I dont like to see bad things happen to them

Who said our supporters are pea hearts, dont put statements here which I didnt make. I haven't got a pea heart, far from it

I bet alot of fans turned their eyes away from the screen

part of being supporter is going through the good and bad times, you seem to very vocal when we do well but when we don't you can't bare to watch.

stick to marbles.

Avenger

Immortal
We overachieved this year. We got excited and started expecting too much. I was one of the believers. I will never be burned again.

stiffmeister

Bench
eelavation said:
part of being supporter is going through the good and bad times, you seem to very vocal when we do well but when we don't you can't bare to watch.

stick to marbles.

You have to realise people handle loses differently, we're not all robots. Yes I hated the game yesterday, I hated the performance & I wasn't going to watch it. At least at fulltime I was over the loss & believe it or not, I have moved on

I'll give you an analogy. Say your son was a boxer & was getting beat would you watch it?

Also like I stated, people get over events their own way & for me to move on & to get over it, I had to look away. That is my way & you cant judge me because I dont comply with your way

Stagger eel

Staff member
stupid analagy...imo, they aren't my sons and they weren't boxing, they are my team win, lose or draw we should be there until the very end not turn away and watch something else when things don't go our way.

Just remember you've been the most vocal person in talking up our teams chances infact up until late last week you were vitually talking about how you were going to celebrate our apparent grand final win, I guess there's a lesson to be learnt there and maybe you can find that modest bone in your body.

do what you please ofcourse, however I don't want you my trench when things get tough.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
stupid analagy...imo, they aren't my sons and they weren't boxing, they are my team win, lose or draw we should be there until the very end not turn away and watch something else when things don't go our way.

Just remember you've been the most vocal person in talking up our teams chances infact up until late last week you were vitually talking about how you were going to celebrate our apparent grand final win, I guess there's a lesson to be learnt there and maybe you can find that modest bone in your body.

do what you please ofcourse, however I don't want you my trench when things get tough.

I'm with you on that point. I feel disgusted at the Eels fans that left early.