What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 Cougars team

choc_soldier

Coach
1. Michael Gordon
2. Brett Howland [provided he re-signs]
3. Bob Blair
4. Chris Newton
5. Luke Dyer
6. Peter Wallace
7. Wayne Bond
8. Craig Stapleton
9. Paul Aiton
10. Jason Wrigley
11. John Flint
12. Matt Newton
13. Luke Swain

14. David Thompson
15. Junior Moors
16. David McLean
17. Steve O'Bierne

Most of them are stabs in the dark... I need Big Mick's expertise here! :lol:

But the point I'm making is that if we don't seriously make the 8 (I think the top 4 is a possibility too) with that team, it will be more disappointing than this year.

Big Mick

Referee
1.Michael Gordon
2.Liam Georgetown/Brett Howland
3.Bob Blair
4.Chris Newton
5.Luke Dyer
6.Peter Wallace
7.Micharl Carl/Wayne Bond
8.David Thompson
9.Paul Aiton
10.Craig Stapleton
11.Junior Moors
12.Luke Swain
13.Keith Peters

14.Steven O'Beirne
15.John Flint
16.Jason Wrigley
17.Andrew Pearn
18.Matt Bell
19.Alex Ranieri
20.Michael Carl/Wayne Bond
21.David McLean

The Whippet

Juniors
Luke Swain = Lang's Love Child = First Grade

Brett Howland = Unlikely to re-sign = Incompetent Panthers management.

Big Mick

Referee
As much as I like Howland and he's a great replacement for injuries...i'm not fussed if we re-sign him or not. He's good to call upon but i'm impressed that the backline is quite young.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Luke Swain wont be in the Cougars. He's 1st Grade Bench material. Great bloke, huge heart and he's the bloke that won't let you down when you go to war.

Panthers_God

Juniors
Its a very good Premier League team but unfortunately most of them seem too underdeveloped for First grade. Fingers crossed for a few years time

choc_soldier

Coach
PK said:
Luke Swain wont be in the Cougars. He's 1st Grade Bench material. Great bloke, huge heart and he's the bloke that won't let you down when you go to war.

I agree with you there, but I just feel that he'll be squeezed out, hence me naming him there.

But he will play first grade in 2006. Too good not to.

Big Mick

Referee
Swains disappointed me more than he's impressed me this season. I want Galea in the #17 playing in the forwards for the first 5 rounds. If nothing is doing there...then bring Swain up.

*Sandy*

First Grade
I wonder if they will offer any of the Windsor Wolves contracts, if they havent already!

*Sandy*

First Grade
I don't know, by the sound of the article in League Week, nope. It's seems like he will captain the side again next year.

Chan Ly sounds like he would be a good fullback option, although I havent seen him play and I am assuming the Jim Beam Cup is a completely different level than Premier.

I wonder if they've got any five star rating centres playing for their outfit!!!

choc_soldier

Coach
PK said:
I wonder if they will offer any of the Windsor Wolves contracts, if they havent already!

Yeah, considering they won the comp.

I think we would be keen on a few, surely.

Big Mick

Referee
Junior Ahio and Michael Jennings will be representing Tonga in an upcoming match on October 17.

girvie

Staff member
Does this look right for the Cougars?

Gains: Matt Bell (Souths Logan, Qld), Bob Blair (Souths Logan, Qld), Wayne Bond (Redcliffe, Qld), Liam Georgetown (Redcliffe, Qld), Chris Newton (Canterbury, NZ), Bryan Norrie (St George Illawarra), Mark O'Halloran (London, UK), David Thompson (Newtown), Nick Youngquest (St George Illawarra),

Losses: Damien Blanch (Castleford, UK), Trent Clayton (Toulouse, France), Garrett Crossman (North Sydney), Shannon Donato (retirement), Paul Franze (London Irish RU, UK), Ben Pomery (Cronulla Sutherland), Ben Rogers (South Sydney),

Available players for 2006: Paul Aiton, Matt Bell, Bob Blair, Wayne Bond, Matthew Cross, Luke Dyer, Lawrence Enosi, John Flint, Liam Georgetown, Michael Gordon, David McLean, Junior Moors, Chris Newton, Bryan Norrie, John Nuumaalii, Steve O’Beirne, Mark O'Halloran, Alex Rainieri, David Thompson, Peter Wallace, Jason Wrigley, Nick Youngquest,

Unknown: Michael Burke, Adrian Buxton, Luke Cross, Nathan Gilchrist, Shenelle Haumono, Brett Howland, Keith Peters, Matthew Pow, Grant Purdon, Jono Rolfe, Ryan Rolfe, Joe Sam-Yum, Corey Vlaciky,

Have any of the unkowns re-signed or signed elsewhere?

girvie

Staff member
Are there many people who support the Cougars as their number 1 team?

choc_soldier

Coach
girvie said:
Are there many people who support the Cougars as their number 1 team?

Well anyone who supports the Panthers would support them, given they are our premier league outfit.

girvie

Staff member
parra_panther said:
Well anyone who supports the Panthers would support them, given they are our premier league outfit.

True but are there many people who support the Cougars over the panthers. For example there are some people who support Balmain Tigers and Western Suburbs Magpies in Premier League but don't support the Wests Tigers NRL team.

Latest posts