What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 NRL betting Market

RABK

Referee
St George Illawarra $4.50
Parramatta $6
Sydney Roosters $8
North Queensland $10
Tigers $11
Brisbane $11
Bulldogs $11
Newcastle $11
Penrith $17
Cronulla $21
Manly $21
South Sydney $21
Melbourne $26
New Zealand $34
Canberra $51

I'll be throwing a hefty amount on us at those odds as well as some on us to finish in the top 4.

Ben

Bench
Isn't $11 a little too low, i thought we would be in the twenties for sure.

RABK

Referee
You'd think so but considering our late season form, our huge off field improvements and two quality recruits bookmakers would be insane to have us any higher. That's as low as you'll get us, especially if we go as well as we should next year.

strewth_mate

Bench
Haha that's fantastic, the wooden spooners are on even money with the premiers! I kinda wish we were in the twenties at least so we could see the odds shorten dramatically as the season goes on. Does anybody have the 2005 season's odds handy at all? That's be interesting to compare.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm not at all surprised to see Sydney so high. People seriously underrated Anasta's performances this year. He tried hard in a team that didn't have a lot of enthusiasm. He and Harrison should do big things to the club.

Looks like everyone agrees with me on the Storm's chances, but I'd still be tempted to throw a little something on them to make the eight.

RABK

Referee
My ladder....

1- Eels
2- Tigers
3- Knights
4- Dragons
5- Bulldogs
6- Cowboys
7- Broncos
8- Sharks
9- Eagles
10- Roosters
11- Panthers
12- Souths
13- Storm
14- Warriors
15- Raiders

B-dos

Referee
I think its interesting that this years premiers are paying the same value as this years Wooden Spooners. I wonder if that has happened before...

antonius

Coach
I reckon the Roosters will be spoon contenders next season, I can't see Anasta filling the gap left by Fittler, they've lost Ricko, and Crocker as well, and there seems to be a bit of in fighting in the club. Finch is on thin Ice and that will affect his game I think.

Andy

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:
My ladder....

1- Eels
2- Tigers
3- Knights
4- Dragons
5- Bulldogs
6- Cowboys
7- Broncos
8- Sharks
9- Eagles
10- Roosters
11- Panthers
12- Souths
13- Storm
14- Warriors
15- Raiders

Bulldogs in 5th place is a bit generous. I'd have them lucky to make the 8 next year.

My ladder would look like this...

1. Dragons
2. Tigers
3. Knights
4. Cowboys
5. Eels
6. Broncos
7. Eagles
8. Bulldogs
9. Roosters
10. Panthers
11. Souths
12. Storm
13. Sharks
14. Warriors
15. Raiders

Ben

Bench
Anasta can fix some of the holes left by Fitter, but his leadership qualities can never be matched by any other player in the NRL. Roosters look disorientated when they play the top teams and i suspect it will be the same next year. Also, watch Finch fallout with coach Stuart mid year and then who'd they depend on in the halves, Soward?

Jono078

Referee
1. Eels
2. Knights
3. Wests Tigers
4. Broncos
5. Cowboys
6. Sea Eagles
7. Bulldogs
8. Dragons
9. Sharks
10. Raiders
11. Roosters
12. Rabbitohs
13. Panthers
14. Storm
15. Warriors

Thats what I think.

Andy

First Grade
jono078 said:
1. Eels
2. Knights
3. Wests Tigers
4. Broncos
5. Cowboys
6. Sea Eagles
7. Bulldogs
8. Dragons
9. Sharks
10. Raiders
11. Roosters
12. Rabbitohs
13. Panthers
14. Storm
15. Warriors

Thats what I think.

Perhaps another Eels v Knights grand final??

Bring it on!! :badgrin:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Its very interesting those odds. Even though we have bought a couple of good signings, it obviously depends on two players whether we are top four material or bottom four material. I know we have Walsh and Mullen who are being groomed to replace Joey in the halves when he ends up retiring, however those two wont be together in first grade for a few years yet I'd imagine. No doubt in my mind if Joey and Bedsy play around 16-17 games each, then we will go top four for sure. However, if one, or even both (lets hope that doesnt happen) we may get the spoon again.

On the Roosters, I am extremely surprised that they're up so high. Sure they signed Anasta and Harrison, but personally I think Anasta is one of the most over-rated players to have ever laced on a boot. He doesnt strike me as the player who can turn the Roosters form around, but we will have to wait and see.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Yeah I'm kinda surprised our odds started off so good. I mean, I know we can win it, but I was hoping the bookies didn't know that.
Of course we know that betting odds mean nothing on the field though.
Wouldn't it be nice if we could be the first team to win the Prem. a second time in the past 7 years. It's good that the comp is evening out and many teams are getting a go at it, but I still want to win again.

Jono078

Referee
ben said:
Jono, Dragons a bit low?

Yeah, they have alot of ageing forwards and im guessing injuries will strike them, so many rep players has to take a toll soon. Only an early prediction though.