What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 prediction

pazzaeel

Juniors
bit slow in here today...

what everyone's prediction for this season? doesnt necessarily have to be about the eels. maybe we can dig this thread up in 8 weeks time and see who was closest.

mine - parra vs dogs grand final. tim smith to dominate on the back of a fui and hindy demolition show. hayne to bag a double. morrison, wade and morris to score in their fairytale departure. score par 28 dogs 18

storm to have a parraesque departure in the 3rd week of finals.

Nickeel

Juniors
My only prediction at this stage: The GF will not feature both of the teams everyone is touting at the moment (i.e. Storm and Bulldogs). One will probably make it, but not both. September always throws up something out of the box.

Nick

Utey

Coach
Yeah I just have a feeling something will happen, and one of the two top contenders will struggle. Hoping its the Dogs.

pazzaeel

Juniors
definately agree with both comments. although the dogs have been there done that whilst the storm are largely inexperienced.

cant wait!

Nickeel

Juniors
For what it's worth, every time I run the Finals Calculator I get Eels and Bulldogs in the GF, without fail (and yes, of course, I'm biased). Can't say I would be too disappointed with that match-up in prospect.

Nick

pazzaeel

Juniors
me too. have gotten eels v dogs both times i have done the calculator.

can just imagine JT before the game if we make week 3 of the finals.

"who would have thought we'd be here 12 weeks ago boys. go out and have some fun. no repeats of last year"

parra pete

Referee
Eels into Grand Final against St George, after both Storm and Bulldogs bomb out in the preliminary final. Eels win 24/18
During the final series Eels supporters start worrying about what is going to happen - not in 2007 - but 2008 with so many players off contract.
Jeremy Smith wins Clive Churchill Medal with a dominating performance scoring a try with a terrific run from 40 metres out, setting up three tries with pin point kicking, directing the forwards around the paddock, and saving a last minute try with a mighty covering tackle.
Ah well, we can only dream!!!!!!!

yy_cheng

Coach
'05 Parra and Drags bails out b4 the biggy
'06 Storm and Dogs bails out b4 the biggy

Just hope history repeats.

Parra vs Knights GF

Taylor vs Hagan
Smith vs Joey

JT Trumps and gets a rookie GF Ring.

Oscarman

Juniors
I got Parra v Dogs too. I had us finishing 4th after Round 26, playing the Dragons in week 1 and Manly in week 2, then the Storm (would this be in Sydney?).

Sterling

Juniors
Avenger said:
We will get to the preliminary final and lose like in 2000.

i think so too ..... there was no pressure on us that yr after finishing 7th and we did well .... just ended up meeting brisbane a week too early

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
pazzaeel said:
bit slow in here today...

what everyone's prediction for this season? doesnt necessarily have to be about the eels. maybe we can dig this thread up in 8 weeks time and see who was closest.

mine - parra vs dogs grand final. tim smith to dominate on the back of a fui and hindy demolition show. hayne to bag a double. morrison, wade and morris to score in their fairytale departure. score par 28 dogs 18

storm to have a parraesque departure in the 3rd week of finals.

yep

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm predicting a nice glass of wine in front of the telly at about 7:30 on saturday night cheering the boys on.

I am being careful here boys. Its been such a topsy turvy season that its to hard to tell. Would love it if the Eels won the Grand Final. I'd like us to beat Manly. That would make me the happiest. I hate them.

pazzaeel

Juniors
i can dream cant i twizzle?

would not suprise me to see a dogs v parra GF....dont know about that fairytale ending tho.

caylo

Bench
i think we will go through the finals, on the back of media hype after melbourne and the dogs blow 7th and 8th off the park, and get the week off. we meet one of the, and upset them, only for the other team to be heavly favoured and parra blow them off the park... ala 2001, exept vise versa.

Utey

Coach
eelavation said:
I'm predicting a nice glass of wine in front of the telly at about 7:30 on saturday night cheering the boys on.

I love being brought back to Earth. Cheers.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
pazzaeel said:
i can dream cant i twizzle?

would not suprise me to see a dogs v parra GF....dont know about that fairytale ending tho.

not disagreeing

I'd love to see it

Latest posts