What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 Tri-Nations Opener At Eden Park?

Te Kaha

First Grade
screeny said:
Prove it PW. Where's your proof? Evidence, link etc etc? Or are you the GM of Eden Westpac?

He is almost right... When the stadium was built and the WRU and NZRFU did costings on hosting teams there, there were several articles stating the the break even point for a team to cover costs alone is 16,000 this was for prodomintly night games not day games. Day games where considerably less due to much less electricity usage. The 16,000 is based on a range of ticket prices from $35.00 to $95.00. The break even point may me slightly more or less depending on the ticket prices they charge and the deal they can strike with Stadium management.

The costs of a League team based there would be less as they wont be allowed more than 2 or 3 night games a year

taipan

Referee
Te Kaha said:
He is almost right... When the stadium was built and the WRU and NZRFU did costings on hosting teams there, there were several articles stating the the break even point for a team to cover costs alone is 16,000 this was for prodomintly night games not day games. Day games where considerably less due to much less electricity usage. The 16,000 is based on a range of ticket prices from $35.00 to $95.00. The break even point may me slightly more or less depending on the ticket prices they charge and the deal they can strike with Stadium management.

The costs of a League team based there would be less as they wont be allowed more than 2 or 3 night games a year

Exactly,PW at times goes off the loop.Whilst there are break even crowds and again dependent on prices,one has to take into account the ground hiring fees which can be reduced in a quiet time.I assume that is why the West Tigers also seem to be more than happy with the financial benefits,playing the Warriors at Christchurch Stadium.A crowd of over 18,000 at their last appearance.
That is why stadiums such as Telstra in Sydney now have the Rabbits,Dogs and Tigers on board,the financial incentives provided by the Stadium mgt are too good to refuse.
The NZRL and ARL are confident of a big crowd,a sellout hopeful thats all>PW of course wants a small crowd to justify his existence on the forums.

Te Kaha

First Grade
taipan said:
Exactly,PW at times goes off the loop.Whilst there are break even crowds and again dependent on prices,one has to take into account the ground hiring fees which can be reduced in a quiet time.I assume that is why the West Tigers also seem to be more than happy with the financial benefits,playing the Warriors at Christchurch Stadium.A crowd of over 18,000 at their last appearance.
That is why stadiums such as Telstra in Sydney now have the Rabbits,Dogs and Tigers on board,the financial incentives provided by the Stadium mgt are too good to refuse.
The NZRL and ARL are confident of a big crowd,a sellout hopeful thats all>PW of course wants a small crowd to justify his existence on the forums.

Indeed, the 16K figure is for hiring the ground for the length of the year.. Single one off events will not be the same if the Stadium management strike indivual deals.

taipan said:

Taipan ! They are going to get a good crowd but i don't read the future like some of you guys do and predict that the Aussies are going to lose in may and sell out Eden Park after that .
I stick to reality mate ;-)

Green Machine

First Grade
Polynesian Warrior said:
Have you actually been to Eden Park and Mt Smart Stadium before Brumby ?
Eden park also host Athletics and the Commonwealth Games before .
The SCG once staged the empire games as well Turdy. Are you trying to say that all stadiums, once an athletics track is installed, that the parameter spectator fence never changes? Are you saying that the field of play at all cricket grounds is the same size Turdy? Turdy, since you know so much about Eden Park, could you please tell us how far the boundary lines of a marked out Rugby field on Eden Park are from the spectator fence please,
Polynesian Warrior said:
The Warriors, Kiwi's, Bulldogs would have to have a crowd of 15,000 at Wespac to break even .
See, there exposes your bullsh*t Turdy. The Warriors have not staged a home game at Westpac Stadium but the Raiders and the Bulldogs have entered into an agreement with the stadium. The Raiders games were unsuccessful but the Bulldogs games were. I love the way you have tried to compare apples with oranges and tried to move off the subject of Kiwi home crowds and lump the Raiders failure into all Wellington games.
Polynesian Warrior said:
Maybe the NZRL use Wespac because Carlaw Park is no longer in service Brumby .
Was Carlaw Park no longer in service in 2001 and 2002 Turdy? When was the last game played at Carlaw Park Turdy?
Polynesian Warrior said:
Whats 15,000 at Carlaw park got to do with 15,000 at Wespac ? Did the Kiwi's get over 15,000 at Ericsson this year Brumby ?
Turdy you said earlier on in regards to the NZRL moving a Test Match to a better facility:

“Do you think the NZRL would want to relocate any test matches to the 55,000 capacity Eden Park for a crowd of 15,000, lose money and pay rent for it when they own Carlaw Park ?”

You are the one who keeps mentioning 15,000 Turdy.
Polynesian Warrior said:
Easy Son ! If dreaming about the size of rugby league crowds around the world makes you feel better then so be it .
Im just here to bring down to earth man ;-)
I’m dreaming about nothing Turdy. What would be one of your threads without a winky face Turdy. I must say it is entertaining to listen to your scatter gun responses when you are caught out bullsh*tting as usual, Turdy

Green Machine said:
The SCG once staged the empire games as well Turdy. Are you trying to say that all stadiums, once an athletics track is installed, that the parameter spectator fence never changes? Are you saying that the field of play at all cricket grounds is the same size Turdy? Turdy, since you know so much about Eden Park, could you please tell us how far the boundary lines of a marked out Rugby field on Eden Park are from the spectator fence please,

See, there exposes your bullsh*t Turdy. The Warriors have not staged a home game at Westpac Stadium but the Raiders and the Bulldogs have entered into an agreement with the stadium. The Raiders games were unsuccessful but the Bulldogs games were. I love the way you have tried to compare apples with oranges and tried to move off the subject of Kiwi home crowds and lump the Raiders failure into all Wellington games.

Was Carlaw Park no longer in service in 2001 and 2002 Turdy? When was the last game played at Carlaw Park Turdy?

Turdy you said earlier on in regards to the NZRL moving a Test Match to a better facility:

“Do you think the NZRL would want to relocate any test matches to the 55,000 capacity Eden Park for a crowd of 15,000, lose money and pay rent for it when they own Carlaw Park ?”

You are the one who keeps mentioning 15,000 Turdy.

I’m dreaming about nothing Turdy. What would be one of your threads without a winky face Turdy. I must say it is entertaining to listen to your scatter gun responses when you are caught out bullsh*tting as usual, Turdy

Brumby ! Have you played or been to Mt Smart Stadium or Eden Park ?;-)

The Warriors have played at Westpac before against the Raiders and Bulldogs ;-)

When was the last international match to be played at Carlaw Park Brumby ?
How many have I prove you guys wrong on this forum in regards to union and NZ related topics ?

screeny

Bench
Polynesian Warrior said:
Taipan ! They are going to get a good crowd but i don't read the future like some of you guys do and predict that the Aussies are going to lose in may and sell out Eden Park after that .

And the reality is that come May 5 you'll be cheering the Kangaroos on with all your might, lest the Kiwis win and RL gets even more popular in Aotearoa.

taipan

Referee
Polynesian Warrior said:

Yeah the reality that the Kangaroos would eat NZ in the tri series.Thats your reality.We have experienced your reality in the past,up there with the pixies.
Who says it was going to Definitely be a sell out,thats the aim, if it happens it happens if it doesnt so be it.You say you dont read the future,then why are you wasting our time,predicting that Eden park will be too expensive,they wont get a sellout-thats making a prediction in my book.:roll:

Green Machine

First Grade
Polynesian Warrior said:
Brumby ! Have you played or been to Mt Smart Stadium or Eden Park ?;-)
Yes Turdy, I have been to Eden Park. No Turdy, I have not been to Mt Smart Stadium. Was my question on the distance from the Rugby sideline to the parameter fence at Eden Park a bit hard for you Turdy?

Polynesian Warrior said:
The Warriors have played at Westpac before against the Raiders and Bulldogs ;-)
It was never in debate that the Warriors played against the Raiders and the Bulldogs at Westpac Stadium. The point you were trying to make Turdy, was that you said, quote:

"The Warriors and the Kiwi's have played at Wespac Stadium before and to break even they have to have at lease 15,000 fans there Brumby"

They, being the Warriors, have never had to pull a 15,000 crowd to break even, at Westpac Stadium, Turdy. they, the Warriors were not the ones conducting the home game Turdy.
Polynesian Warrior said:
When was the last international match to be played at Carlaw Park Brumby ?
That is without a doubt your best (or worst) scatter gun response, Turdy. Considering your original quote about the Kiwis not wanting (according to you) to move games away from Carlaw Park in 1989.

Also, considering the Kiwis did not play one test against Australia at Carlaw Park in 1989, makes the above statement very stupid, Turdy,
Polynesian Warrior said:
How many have I prove you guys wrong on this forum in regards to union and NZ related topics ?
Are you talking to me or others on this board Turdy? If you are talking to me, you are yet to prove me wrong on anything, Turdy. The only thing you have proved to me is you will use any bullsh*t to justify your flimsy points, Turdy.

taipan said:
Yeah the reality that the Kangaroos would eat NZ in the tri series.Thats your reality.We have experienced your reality in the past,up there with the pixies.
Who says it was going to Definitely be a sell out,thats the aim, if it happens it happens if it doesnt so be it.You say you dont read the future,then why are you wasting our time,predicting that Eden park will be too expensive,they wont get a sellout-thats making a prediction in my book.:roll:

Well lets wait and see should we ? Reality is that when Ericsson Stadium or North harbour stadium doesn't sell out it just go to show that maybe you guys and the NZRL chairman are dreamers after all .:D

taipan

Referee
Polynesian Warrior said:
Well lets wait and see should we ? Reality is that when Ericsson Stadium or North harbour stadium doesn't sell out it just go to show that maybe you guys and the NZRL chairman are dreamers after all .:D

Again it proves nothing FFS, the NZedders hadnt won a series ATT at both stadiums.And if somehow Eden Park gets 30- 40,000,what does that make you if we are supposedly dreamers,just another league bagging rah rah.If it gets less shoot us sheesh.
Reality is when someone with an agenda spends time here bagging rugby league for baggings sake.

screeny

Bench
Polynesian Warrior said:

How many times have I asked you which code has more running and tackling, league or union?

You don't even know that so how can you expect to prove anyone right or wrong in relation to any rugby argument?

screeny said:
How many times have I asked you which code has more running and tackling, league or union?

You don't even know that so how can you expect to prove anyone right or wrong in relation to any rugby argument?

How many times to I tell you a sport is a sport and there are more people out there who enjoy Rugby more than League .
No matter who has more running or tackling ;-)

taipan said:
Again it proves nothing FFS, the NZedders hadnt won a series ATT at both stadiums.And if somehow Eden Park gets 30- 40,000,what does that make you if we are supposedly dreamers,just another league bagging rah rah.If it gets less shoot us sheesh.
Reality is when someone with an agenda spends time here bagging rugby league for baggings sake.

I don't just come on to bagged league . I just more sure that you guys are honest and I make sure I bring you guys back down to earth .;-)

screeny

Bench
Polynesian Warrior said:
How many times to I tell you a sport is a sport and there are more people out there who enjoy Rugby more than League .
No matter who has more running or tackling ;-)

I agree, there are more people in the world who like RU than RL.

Now, which code has more running and tackling?

taipan

Referee
Polynesian Warrior said:
I don't just come on to bagged league . I just more sure that you guys are honest and I make sure I bring you guys back down to earth .;-)
Of course you dont just come on to bag league,in addition you promote union.
And you are the fountain of honesty hey ? :lol: