What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 Tri Nations Ticket Sales

carlnz

Bench
carlnz said:
So we are at 90,567 with three games to go, can we beat 2004's aggregate total of 182,313??

Wellington, hope for at least 20,000 but at this stage it looks more like 18,000.

Brisbane, 40,000 min at this stage, can we get 50,000 with all the cricket fans??

Sydney, 12,000 pre sold so far, really need to get well above 30,000 IMO.

So 18,000 + 40,000 + 30,000 = 88,000 more people for the last 3 matches which will take us to a total of 178,313. Falling 4,000 short!!!

Your thoughts??

So we got 16,400 from Wellingtons game, which means we need at least 75,600 from the Brisbane and Sydney games to beat 2004s total

eels_fan_01

Bench
carlnz said:
So we got 16,400 from Wellingtons game, which means we need at least 75,600 from the Brisbane and Sydney games to beat 2004s total

That is definately possible. Sydney final there will be 30 thousand which i dont think is good but still beats it.

lockyno1

Post Whore
30K in Sydney. You are dreaming unless GB make the final as there are a million Poms in Australia for the Ashes. If it is NZ, 20-25K MAX.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I'd be surprised if it got more than 25K. This series NEEDED the Poms in the Final as half of England are out here for the Ashes! They more than likely would have gone to the league as well.

lockyno1 said:
I'd be surprised if it got more than 25K. This series NEEDED the Poms in the Final as half of England are out here for the Ashes! They more than likely would have gone to the league as well.

But the english cricket fans are going to be in brisbane this weekend NOT sydney, are you seriously suggesting a signifigant number would fly down to sydney on the fourth day of the cricket to watch the Tri nations? if you are thats complete an utter rubbish!

there is a huge ex-pat kiwi population in sydney, this alone will be a much more signifigant factor in the crowd figure than english cricket tourists.

eels_fan_01

Bench
herbert henry1908 said:
But the english cricket fans are going to be in brisbane this weekend NOT sydney, are you seriously suggesting a signifigant number would fly down to sydney on the fourth day of the cricket to watch the Tri nations? if you are thats complete an utter rubbish!

there is a huge ex-pat kiwi population in sydney, this alone will be a much more signifigant factor in the crowd figure than english cricket tourists.

Agreed.

Murphdogg1

Juniors
Well i bought my tickets today and the PAX was 15794 - dunno if that is helpful or not?

There needs to be a storyline during the week to build it up - maybe not anything to the extent of Mason before Game 1 but still something to get the intensity happening and people going

Brutus

Referee
Even the Wallabies are killing us.

The radio stations and the papers have been all over the union of late.

Ari Gold

Bench
The press Union is getting is very very very bad... the gloss and glamour surrounding the Wallaby jumper is being destroyed atm, the media groups are all over them.

Jeffles

Bench
The Tri-Nations is getting great publicity in Sydney. It's just not translating into sales. Maybe some more direct marketing to RL people (NRL season ticket holders, junior leagues, etc) was the answer.

Cheezel

Juniors
I agree Jeffles!

With 8 teams in Sydney all the RLIF need to aim for is 5000 supporters from each club to turn up to the Tri-nation final. Maybe a discount for season ticket holders would be a good starting point. What about past players? Maybe they get an invitation to the game at a discount rate as well. With the right marketing they should be able to pack Aussie stadium. Once people know that the game is going to sell out each year the atmosphere alone will bring fringe supporters to the game just like yawnion manages to do.

Another win by the Kiwis might make Sydney people take notice.:crazy:

Brutus

Referee
Wallabies press may be negative, but it shows the media cares about them enough to keep talking about it.

Whats the official number at the moment.
Im waiting till i get to Sydney till i purchase 6 and thats tomoro, i will still have time to get decent tickets aye

JW

Coach
yakstorm said:
Around 17,000 have been pre-sold now for the clash.

Just 3 days left and sales are at, what, 40% capacity or there abouts? Hope it picks up and fast. I hope 35,000 show up as an absolute minimum, but unfortunately at this stage a sub-30,000 crowd looks quite likely.

Latest posts