What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Brisbane Broncos Signings

Big Pete

Referee
Gains: Andrew Lomu (2007), Craig Frawley (2007), Alex Glenn (2008), Peter Wallace (2010), Joel Clinton (2010), Ashton Sims (2011), Tom Hewitt (2008), Ben Hunt, Walmer Kapau
Re-signed: Sam Thaiday (2009), Darius Boyd (2008), Joel Moon (2009), Steve Michaels (2009), Greg Eastwood (2009), Denan Kemp (2008), Nick Emmett (2008), Justin Hodges (2011)
Losses: Tame Tupou (Bradford Bulls), Brent Tate (New Zealand Warriors), Shaun Berrigan (Hull FC), Petero Civoniceiva (Penrith Panthers), Dane Carlaw (Les Catalans), Brad Thorn (Rugby Union), Clifford Manua,Andrew Lomu, Ian Lacey, John Te Reo (Released)

cb4

First Grade
you guys might lose some players, i hope ennis geets home sick, he is a gun

cb4

First Grade
i would like to see you come back from a knee re-construction and play good

salivor

First Grade
cb4 said:
i would like to see you come back from a knee re-construction and play good

His movement and fitness is fine this year, it's his football brain that was obviously re-constructed as well.

lockyno1

Post Whore
salivor said:
Higher than Boyd.

Both are as good as each other. Boyd has a great football brain, Michaels has a few more tricks but Darius uses his brain quite a bit. Both will be good players for Brisbane!

beads6

First Grade
We did sign Perry for 2 years. I hope we keep Michaels and Boyd we need realiable outside backs.

Pistol

Coach
i reckon ennis should be snaffled up for a couple of more years. he's a good prospect and with some footy under his belt will proove how much he is worth

our two wingers are craptastic

i heard we are signing andrew johns, brad fittler, wally lewis and david beckham.....

ok, maybe i just made that up, im such a kidder

beads6

First Grade
I am pretty sure they signed Perry for cheap he doesn't offer much. I hope we sihn Ennis for a 3 year deal I think he has great potential and a good footy brain. Our wingers are solid at best at the moment I think Michaels will only improve with more first grade games.

Big Pete

Referee
We signed Frawley, he was at training yesterday.

Could be good for winger depth. Who knows if he finds any form, could be handy on the wing for us.

Dazzat

First Grade
A player who's never reach his potential ... big, strong runner, but lacking evasion skills. He seems more suited to the forwards physically, but may not have the work ethic.

Hope he goes well ...

Again, more players "return home" to the Broncos than any other club. The place must have something special ... perhaps the coach. Perhaps being one hour from the beach.

Big Pete

Referee
Brent Tate is GOING to the Warriors for 3 seasons.

Also if you're wondering, Alex Glenn is a Centre out at Burleigh I think he's 18 years old and from what I heard very promising.

Big Pete

Referee
The Courier Mail reported Justin Hodges will sign with Brisbane for three seasons and Shaun Berrigan is going to the ESL for three seasons.

Petero Civoniceiva still undecided.

They also made the note of Civo being the last Bronco to sign with the club. Does this mean we've signed te other players like Eastwood and Ennis?

Also speaking of signings I was reading my old Broncos Magazine from last year and it said we signed Joel Moon and Darius Boyd to 2 year Contracts, sounds odd that we had to sign them again.