What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Origin III - Wed 17 Jul - QLD 4-14 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Queensland

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • New South Wales

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
Literally. Shameless b*stard Fitler had a much better team at his disposal for many of those years and still sh*t the bed. Shameless b*stard should have resigned after the 2022 loss but shameless bast*ard tormented us for another year with his bullsh*t.
Fittler worked for those who had an obvious conflict of interest when it seemed Qld were going to get over run.

Anyway, enough of this circus. Now we can get back to the serious side of the NRL competition without Brisbane in the finals.

Bazal

Post Whore
That was Luai's best Origin series by far. Short kicking game was outstanding and he had some huge plays. NSW don't win the series without Moses either.

Interesting to see what happens with Cleary next year. I actually would not be picking him. Luai and Moses have both played better than Cleary at this level imo.

I'd love to see 7-Cleary 6-Moses tbh.

Cleary is the best 7 in the game. He just doesn't have the flair that Moses had Game Two for e.g. I think that sort of pairing works at Origin level too. Luai has been good this year for sure though...

Kinda hurts seeing Barnett fulfilling the potential I knew he had when he was with us, but when you fall out with Ricky that’s the end of your Raiders career.
Nah...even at Newcastle you could see he clearly had it but he also had terrible ill discipline. He sh*t me to tears at Newcastle. Brain snaps, gave away millions of penalties, always suspended, smacked a player in the face for no reason when we were outplaying Penrith and basically trashed the season.

He took a long while to mature.

Artiste

Juniors
Su
100%. Intensity wins Origin and who is more intense than Michael "THE F**KING WESTS TIGERS ARE ALWAYS IN A F**KING GAME!!!" Maguire?

That said I think his selections were all pretty close to spot on. I think we should have picked Api, sure, and I think Suaalii was a shit pick. Hynes I'll call a wash cos of injuries. But it always felt more like an Origin side?
Suaallii was a dud pick I think he did get mostly everything else right… Knows what he’s doing

Last edited:

Sonny83

Juniors
That was Luai's best Origin series by far. Short kicking game was outstanding and he had some huge plays. NSW don't win the series without Moses either.

Interesting to see what happens with Cleary next year. I actually would not be picking him. Luai and Moses have both played better than Cleary at this level imo.
the injury to Cleary was the best thing for him. Look how much growth he gain since

I'd love to see 7-Cleary 6-Moses tbh.

Cleary is the best 7 in the game. He just doesn't have the flair that Moses had Game Two for e.g. I think that sort of pairing works at Origin level too. Luai has been good this year for sure though...
Luai is first half picked for mine. Interesting times ahead.

Munky

Coach

The only time Cleary ever played with forwards as dominant as the 2024 NSW pack was 2021 and he played great in pure domination.

Moses and Luai did well tonight though.

Su

Suaallii was a dud pick I think you did get mostly everything else right… Knows what he’s doing
Honestly, most of the time NSW loses its down to poor selections. Even during the QLD dominant era, the selections were absolutely abhorrent. Like, bewilderingly bad

Not saying QLD wouldn't have been dominant with that side but they certainly wouldn't have won as many as they did.

Munky

Coach
Luai and Cleary don’t work well together. In last years final Panthers only started to fire when he went off.

What is this revisionism?

Their record playing together is ridiculous.

Luai tried to play a GF against a good team with a season ending shoulder injury and was invisible because of it.

He got yanked and Cleary went god mode with Critta/Moses his disciples for twenty minutes.

With an assist from ARey losing his head.