What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Coaches

Fin077

Juniors
We were told on Friday that all would be revealed today with regard to next years coach.....

Anyone know what time it all becomes official?

Fin077

Juniors
By Margie McDonald
September 25, 2006 RICKY Stuart's management team will put his case to become the next Sharks head coach to the club's board at a meeting tonight.
Talks between Stuart's manager John Fordham and Sharks president Barry Pierce continued by telephone yesterday after a face-to-face meeting on Saturday between the three men.
"Talks are progressing, I think, at a satisfactory rate," Fordham said last night.
"I will speak to Barry again tomorrow and we will hopefully be in a position at some stage tomorrow to put a final document to the board for them to consider."
Today marks four weeks since Stuart was sacked as coach of Sydney Roosters despite taking the club to a premiership in 2002 and then grand finals in the following two years. He also took New South Wales to a State of Origin series win in 2005 in his maiden year as Blues coach.
Stuart is the current Australia coach and would like the matter wrapped up this week as the first Tri-Nations series game against New Zealand is in Auckland on October 14.
The final Kangaroos team will be named a week from today after next Sunday night's grand final.
The Sharks sacked coach Stuart Raper last Friday after a private consultancy group completed a review of the 2006 season.
After winning eight of nine games and holding third spot mid-year, the Sharks lost their last 10 matches and plunged to 10th and missed the finals.
But the future of assistant coaches at both clubs are also among things to be negotiated between the Sharks and Stuart.
Roosters first-grade assistant to Stuart, Shane Flanagan, was also sacked, while Raper's assistant at the Sharks, Adrian Lam, was reportedly given a verbal agreement that if Raper left he would be next in line as head coach.
Part of Stuart's bid to coach the Sharks includes bringing Flanagan with him.
The club will already have to pay out the last year of Raper's contract, reportedly close to $200,000, with Lam certain to be paid out as well.
His contract is not due to expire until the end of 2007.
The Sharks are the only NRL side without a coach for next year.
The Roosters appointed former Sharks coach Chris Anderson a week ago to bring the number of clubs with a new coach for 2007 to six.
The Sharks will be the seventh

....guess it won't be today after all....

spider

Coach
Fin077 said:
We were told on Friday that all would be revealed today with regard to next years coach.....

Anyone know what time it all becomes official?

They did say after a board meeting tonight - to make it official andf all. Funny how Stuart and Fordham were at the club for hours on Saturday.

Guess we still wait...... ](*,) :whistle :blahb:

spider

Coach
King of the Hill said:
Why are they doing that?

Thats the funny part - NFI.

I cant see the worth of doing it. It is said , done and sealed. Maybe the finer points, couple of things still to finalise, not sure.

spider

Coach
:lol:

All depends on Sticky where Lam fits into the equation for next year. Would be a waste to let him go when the club has to pay him regardless.

He would be of worth to keep in some capacity.

cronullashark

Juniors
SpiderShark said:
:lol:

All depends on Sticky where Lam fits into the equation for next year. Would be a waste to let him go when the club has to pay him regardless.

He would be of worth to keep in some capacity.

i agree, it would be a shame to see another club getting the use out of lam when we have paid for him. just see how he goes with ricky and if it works out great. if it doesnt let him go, remember we hold the cards here!

spider

Coach
cronullashark said:
i agree, it would be a shame to see another club getting the use out of lam when we have paid for him. just see how he goes with ricky and if it works out great. if it doesnt let him go, remember we hold the cards here!

If need be he can don the Number 7 jersey for us - would probably achieve higher results

The Attorney

Juniors
I have heard that ricky wants to bring allong some mates to sit on the board and bank roll any sackings/changes he wants to occur.

This would be a likely sticking point

I doubt the board members will be happy to give up their seats

spider

Coach
The Attorney said:
I have heard that ricky wants to bring allong some mates to sit on the board and bank roll any sackings/changes he wants to occur.

This would be a likely sticking point

I doubt the board members will be happy to give up their seats

You have heard a fib - same guys that rolled him in his last job???

Someone is telling porky pies.

The Attorney

Juniors
not mates from the roosters, that weidler idiot put in the paper after i heard it as well. Some bloke from rebok and another from Sony BMG

Makes sense on rickys part

Its hard to sack you when your friends are pumping cash into the place

spider

Coach
The Attorney said:
not mates from the roosters, that weidler idiot put in the paper after i heard it as well. Some bloke from rebok and another from Sony BMG

Makes sense on rickys part

Its hard to sack you when your friends are pumping cash into the place

Only thing getting pumped is Dannys ego and his ass maybe. He is a dead set goose.

The Attorney

Juniors
I dont rate weidler either but i heard this last thursday before he put it in the paper.

It might explain a few things

Bundy

Juniors
The only way they could sit on the Board is if it was in the constitution that the Board may select someone to fill a 'casual vacancy'. Still, would need a Board member to step down to make that 'casual vacancy'. Can't see it coming true. It may have something to do with the story that a group of businessmen have come together to sponsor Ricky's appointment as coach (to a degree).