What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Confirmed Signings

Big Mick

Referee
O'Halloran is destined for Premier League
Stapleton is destined for Premer League
Youngquest is better than you give him credit for and you'll find that a lot of Dragons supporters arn't happy he is leaving.
The other centre position could come out of Bob Blair, Chris Newton, Michael Jennings (just represented Aussie Schoolboys), Junior Ahio, Luke Dyer, Michael Gordon, even Franze is starting to play decent football....you just don't know! Those who don't know much might not have heard of Ben Smith and look what he did for you this season. You don't know who's going to come good and we're rebuilding and will be better for it maybe not next year but the year after.
We've got competition for spots and when there is competition for spots it means your first grade will go better.

Your bloody team is the perfect example of how the PL team puts pressure on first grade. If your PL team was coming last there is no way your first grade team would go as good, no matter how many names their are in the team, because they'd be comfortable and complacent.

I'm not saying we'll win the comp...so they arn't "premiership" Material. I never said we'd win the comp, I'm saying we won't get the spoon unless your blind and can't read. Our PL will still be very young next year and contain a good balance of youth and first grade experience. Our first grade team still has an average age of about 22-23 years old so we're still a very young team and we'll learn a lot from this year.

The Colonel

Immortal
Stapleton is a more than capable first grader Mick. Given the blokes that are leaving the Panthers he is probably a better choice then playing blokes like Swain and Frank Puletua.

O'Halloran was nothing when he left Australia and is struggling to make the London bench.

another one thats never actually watched a tigers game that O'Halloran was in he was our 3rd leading line breaker in 03 with 7 hes defense is solid and he did this out of postion on the wing

and theres probley reasons why hes so sh*t in england maybe its causing hes home sick it happens u know :roll:

Big Mick

Referee
Frank Puletua has been playing great footy.

He's been close to our best forward. He needs to be there.

Swain won't be in the first grade side.

I like the look of Matthew Cross who made his debut two weeks ago. He played very well last week and was very aggressive in defence. I'd like to see his progression during an off-season.

8. Clinton, 9. Priddis, 10. Norrie, 11. Waterhouse, 12. T.Puletua, 13. Rodney, 14. F. Puletua, 15. Cross/Stapleton, 16. Pritchard, 17. Galea/O'Halloran/Peters/Moors...whoever.

Phillips

Referee
joel caine number 1 fan said:
another one thats never actually watched a tigers game that O'Halloran was in he was our 3rd leading line breaker in 03 with 7 hes defense is solid and he did this out of postion on the wing

and theres probley reasons why hes so sh*t in england maybe its causing hes home sick it happens u know :roll:

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease give me a break

the bloke is average

and ive watched him play plenty of times

Big Mick

Referee

Also he's never had a good coach.

He had Terry Lamb, then Tony Rea...nothing compared to John Lang.

Also London play their game through the forwards and don't play an expansive game.

I still wouldn't start him in firsts because I agree with others, I don't think he would be up for it. He needs to prove himself in reggies.

Phillips

Referee
Fitzhenry is avg too does it mean there bad players u cant have a team of superstars u know (unless your the roosters :p)

fitzhenry average?

he goes alright...

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Big Mick © said:

I like the look of Matthew Cross who made his debut two weeks ago. He played very well last week and was very aggressive in defence. I'd like to see his progression during an off-season.

8. Clinton, 9. Priddis, 10. Norrie, 11. Waterhouse, 12. T.Puletua, 13. Rodney, 14. F. Puletua, 15. Cross/Stapleton, 16. Pritchard, 17. Galea/O'Halloran/Peters/Moors...whoever.

That side you have doesn't look bad but there is NO way Lang would name that.

8. Clinton
9. Priddis
10. F Puletua
11. Pritchard
12. T Puletua
13. Waterhouse

14. Stapleton
15. Cross
16. Swain
17. Rodney

Lang will go with that, he's too scared to change anything.

Penrith are going through what happened to Parra, their young and successful side has been picked apart by other clubs (more those rep game contract upgrade clauses in this case) and they're now struggling. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, I just don't think there's any way Penrith, with this recruitment, will be any better next year. They should have asked Fitzy for Lyon's contract (he's said before Penrith and the Tigers are welcome to have him) as soon as they released Ross and those young players got away.

Eel#1

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
Penrith are going through what happened to Parra, their young and successful side has been picked apart by other clubs (more those rep game contract upgrade clauses in this case) and they're now struggling. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, I just don't think there's any way Penrith, with this recruitment, will be any better next year. They should have asked Fitzy for Lyon's contract (he's said before Penrith and the Tigers are welcome to have him) as soon as they released Ross and those young players got away.

not really, penrith let go of their stars in order to hold onto the young guns, whereas parra went through a few years of shocking recruitment choices by bsmith and co until they got it right last year.
i agree with ya that penriths recruitment looks pretty baffling. but maybe they know something we don't? they made a choice to drop established stars for youth, maybe their youth is something special. well you'd wanna hope so anyway if yer a panthers supporter.

Big Mick

Referee
Paul Franze --> English Rugby Union side London Irish for $300,000 a season

LMAO I thought...WHAT APRIL FOOLS!

Big Mick

Referee
Eel#1 said:
not really, penrith let go of their stars in order to hold onto the young guns, whereas parra went through a few years of shocking recruitment choices by bsmith and co until they got it right last year.
i agree with ya that penriths recruitment looks pretty baffling. but maybe they know something we don't? they made a choice to drop established stars for youth, maybe their youth is something special. well you'd wanna hope so anyway if yer a panthers supporter.

2006 wont be a great year, we wont make the finals...but I still think we'll have enough good players to stay away from the spoon.

2007 will be a much better year.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Big Mick © said:
2006 wont be a great year, we wont make the finals...but I still think we'll have enough good players to stay away from the spoon.

2007 will be a much better year.

Not going to be made easier by the fact we're unlikely to have a home ground till june according to reports in the local papers this week.

Club is going to try and get most of their home games in the later stages of the season but certainly you couldn't expect all of them to be.

imp3rf3ction

Juniors
i talked with paul franze's cousin today - the big rumour is he will go to england so you are right on the money with that

skeepe

Immortal
Apparently Franze signed with London Irish so he could concentrate on his dream to represent Italy at the next Rugby Union World Cup. True story.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Big Mick © said:

You should be able to add Jamie Small to that list shortly ;)

Latest posts