What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Confirmed Signings

Tigertread

Juniors
The Cowboys yesterday announced the signing of promising youngsters Ben Farrar and Karl Johnson to two-year deals.

Parramatta lower-grader Farrar, the nephew of former Australian Test player Andrew, is a 20-year-old centre who has represented New South Wales at under-17 level.

Johnson is an outside back from North Sydney's Premier League team where he is the leading tryscorer.
townsville bulletin

Stagger eel

Staff member
Tigertread said:
The Cowboys yesterday announced the signing of promising youngsters Ben Farrar and Karl Johnson to two-year deals.

Parramatta lower-grader Farrar, the nephew of former Australian Test player Andrew, is a 20-year-old centre who has represented New South Wales at under-17 level.

Johnson is an outside back from North Sydney's Premier League team where he is the leading tryscorer.
townsville bulletin

Ben Farrer will play first grade next year...no doubt about it.

Out of all the players we've lost and there's been a sh*t load, Ben will more than likely come back to haunt us..I'm predicting another Willie Tonga episode.

Bench
eelavation said:
Ben Farrer will play first grade next year...no doubt about it.

Out of all the players we've lost and there's been a sh*t load, Ben will more than likely come back to haunt us..I'm predicting another Willie Tonga episode.
Why is that,I thought with no Brian Smith plus 2 centres already leaving you would have tied him up.

The Colonel

Immortal
851 said:
Why is that,I thought with no Brian Smith plus 2 centres already leaving you would have tied him up.

Ben Smith and Timana Tahu are well entrenched. We have another young bloke in Krisnan Inu that will be considered next year as well. Plus you have Hayne, Grothe, Burt and Reddy to be considered somewhere in the backline as well.

The Cowboys have lost Hannay and Gavin Cooper and Paul Bowman isn';t getting any younger. The opportunity is a little easier at the Cowboys.

Mind you I am as disappointed as Eela to see him go. Definitely one we shouldn't have lost.

richies

Juniors
friday 4th august 2006

Promising forward Jon Green has re-signed with the Bulldogs for the 2007 season.

Green, 21, came to the Club for the 2006 season and enjoyed an early call up into first grade for the round five game against the Raiders.

Unfortunately knee injuries slowed his progess and he has been out for the rest of the season.

Coach Steve Folkes commented, "We were happy to sign Jon up for another year. He has promise but has experienced some bad luck with injuries this year."

girvie

Staff member
Tigertread said:

townsville bulletin

Johnson is a good player. He is currently leading the Bears Supporters' Player of the year.

It is a shame he is leaving. He would have made Souths NRL team next season if he stayed.

They made a mistake. He is not the Bears leading try-scorer.

Latest posts