What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Confirmed Signings

super_coach said:
I know what manly need most and its not a prop,its a dummy half who can kick off both feet step,dart and control the play another go to man other than Matt Arwfull

Whilst we'd love to have signed Farah, we don't need another dummy half. We're going to be blooding Matt Ballin into First Grade sometime in 2007, and really, we need backs especially wingers, and a prop. Farah is more valuable then O Meley, sure, but it's not what the club needs.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
:lol: Are you kidding yourself!!! Manly doesn't even HAVE $500,000 to spend. We'd be lucky to generate $300,000, and even if we did SOMEHOW find the $500,000, it'd be going towards Mark O Meley not Robbie Farah!

500k was abit high, but Manly did offer over 400k for Farah once incentives were included.

Gothetigers

Juniors
U-Boat said:
Depends on your situation.
Roosters- I take OMeley any day.

Speaking of- did he actually sign a contract with the roosters for 2008, or did the deal fall through?

Nothing has been signed, Shrek has said he will be looking at offers he feels he has taken less money at the dogs and wants to test the market, it is probably his last big contract and wants to do the best thing for his family.

Gothetigers said:
Nothing has been signed, Shrek has said he will be looking at offers he feels he has taken less money at the dogs and wants to test the market, it is probably his last big contract and wants to do the best thing for his family.

Expect Manly to have a hard dig at him. They'll be offering anything in the viscinity of $450,000 - $500,000 to try and nab him. We've got a few off contract next year. But to be perfectly honest, I'd rather spend the money on junior development and bulstering our depth in the lower grades.

sanchez moreno said:
so manly will use up almost a third of their cap on o meley and lyon. smart move....

As I said, I don't agree with the move. However, I know they'll give it a go. I'm actually hoping they don't sign him. Our depth in the lower grades has been demolished since we've signed Lyon, another $500,000 signing and we'd be rat sh*t.

willvillain

Juniors
There's no f*cking way Manly will throw 450k at O'Meley.

If they didn't want to give that sort of cash to Asotasi, then they'd be mental to pay Shrek anywhere near that much.

willvillain said:
There's no f*cking way Manly will throw 450k at O'Meley.

If they didn't want to give that sort of cash to Asotasi, then they'd be mental to pay Shrek anywhere near that much.

They tried with Asotasi, but the $$$$$$$ from Souths was just to much. Its just what I've heard. I'm totally against it, we should be signing SG Ball, JF and PL players.

willvillain

Juniors
I never heard Manly's name mentioned in the race for Asotasi's signature, which says to me that they were never really 'in the hunt' and weren't prepared to spend that much money on a front rower.

I'm not against spending top dollar to get the best players in the game at all. But O'Meley isn't worth that sort of cash.

I get your point about spending more money on junior development, and that should obviously be a priority, but it isn't as if paying a first grade player 500k is going to stop matts, ball and flegg players getting any money. They don't come under the same salary cap, and (unless we were spending over the first grade cap), then there shouldn't be any less cash to develop those players in the first place.

Eh... I just really wanted Asotasi at Manly.

Big Mick

Referee
Quality signing imo.

Cronulla stuffed a quality player, here's hoping its another guy we can revive their career.

lolesi

First Grade
Big Mick © said:
Quality signing imo.

Cronulla stuffed a quality player, here's hoping its another guy we can revive their career.

Injury prone and really after the Arive Alive Grand final, has done nothing.

No great loss.