What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Crowd Watch

t-ba

Post Whore
They should have no trouble selling this. If they had people out RIGHT NOW on Queen Street Mall and at lunchtime on Monday pushing this match, you'd get 40-50k.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
More BrisWhinging™.

Every team should have a fair share of MNF ... including Brisbane.

JW

Coach
Dodger said:
More BrisWhinging™.

Where exactly?

Obviously Cullen was asked about the crappy ticket sales for their first Monday game, and answered by saying that for the Broncos they are well under par. He then went on to say that Monday nights are here to stay, it's a challenge that they need to meet and they want it to be a success.

Still can't find anywhere where he is whinging.

Timmah

Staff member
The Broncos believe if Monday night's game against the fourth-placed Tigers had been scheduled for a Friday night or Sunday afternoon, it could easily have attracted a crowd of more than 30,000.

I can selectively read too :)

JW

Coach
Dodger said:
I can selectively read too :)

And? C'mon Dodge.

It's true anyway. Alot of other clubs have preferences for better drawing timeslots aswell, it's no secret.

But did he sook about it?

Cullen was outspoken earlier in the year about his dislike of the Monday night concept but said its success elsewhere had ensured it would become a permanent fixture and one Brisbane must embrace.

"Monday night games are here to stay so it's a challenge we have to meet and we are working on a number of strategies in that regard," Cullen said..

"We want it to be a success, and I guess with this game falling in chool holidays it is a bit of a blessing, because it is a bit easier for families not having to get the kids off to school the next day."

FTR 24-26K.

Timmah

Staff member
I hope more, close to 30K.

Tonight at Brookie I think we'll get a relatively disappointing 16K

JW

Coach
Probably won't look that bad against tonight's other game. Although you never know with Mt. Smart.

Timmah

Staff member
With that concert promotion hopefully the numbers are up. We'll wait and see I suppose.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
They announced 10,000 but i don't know the exact figure yet.

It looked a little bigger than 10k actually

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Correction: 9,978

Source: SMH

Its amazing, the weather has just turned to hell again. I saw two car crashes on the way to the game too, including one really bad looking one near my house

miccle

Bench
Warriors crowd *looked* good, surprised at the low number.

FTR, I have no idea why people are doomsdaying Monday nights at Suncorp. I, along with TENS OF THOUSANDS of others work in the CBD. Knock off around 5 most days, great time to stroll up to Caxton Street, have a beer, take in the football and still be home before 10pm.

I know it sucks for kids etc (not this time though, thanks to the hols) but I reckon it's outstanding for city workers like me. Might be hard for those working outside the city, but seriously getting home a bit before 10 means you can easily be in bed around the same hour most of us usually trot off to sleep.

I am really looking forward to it, tbh. I just hope we can get around the 28k+ mark. I still really want us to average 35 this year, and if we keep up the winning we might just jag it. Just.

Timmah

Staff member
13odd-k at Brookie.

13,849 according to LeagueHQ (SMH).

Just under 9k for FNF is very disappointing at NZ. :( (as is the Brookie figure TBH)

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Dodger said:
Just under 9k for FNF is very disappointing at NZ.

:roll:

So you can get on your high horse when its wet in Sydney and there are crowds of 4,000 but a near 10000 crowd in Auckland in horrible weather is dissapointing. Wanker.

Timmah

Staff member
Did you read the rest of my sentence? I clearly outlined 13K in relatively fine (yet bloody freezing) weather at Brookvale is a let down given how good Manly/Dogs clashes are.

Timmah

Staff member
Did you read the rest of my sentence? I clearly outlined 13K in relatively fine (yet bloody freezing) weather at Brookvale is a let down given how good Manly/Dogs clashes are.

Timmah

Staff member
2007 HOME CROWD AVERAGES
after Round 15 FNF

Eight matches

Manly 15,006
Warriors 11,460

Seven matches
Gold Coast 24,914 includes Suncorp x 2
North Qld 19,589
Newcastle 17,126
Bulldogs 14,797 includes Suncorp x 1
Parramatta 13,363
Penrith 13,344
Sydney Roosters 12,502 includes Bluetongue x 1
Cronulla 11,934
St Geo Illa 10,781
- OKI Jubilee five matches: 10,630 AVG
- WIN Stadium two matches: 11,159 AVG

Six matches
Wests Tigers 16,864 includes Bluetongue x 1
- Telstra two matches: 17,935 AVG
- Campbelltown two matches: 15,509 AVG
- Leichhardt Oval one match: 15,185 AVG
- Bluetongue CCS one match: 19,111 AVG
South Sydney 16,164 includes Bluetongue x 1
Canberra 12,889
Melbourne 11,825

Five matches
Brisbane

Therefore... overall:
(Red asterisks indicate neutral games)

Brisbane 32,714
Gold Coast 24,914 **
North Qld 19,589
Newcastle 17,126
Wests Tigers 16,864 *
South Sydney 16,164 *
Manly 15,006
Bulldogs 14,797 *
Parramatta 13,363
Penrith 13,344
Canberra 12,889Sydney Roosters 12,502 *
Cronulla 11,934
Melbourne
Warriors 11,460
St Geo Illa 10,781

Interestingly Manly only have four remaining home matches, one of which is at Bluetongue. This is largely due to the venue switch with Brisbane, meaning Brisbane has plenty of Suncorp matches going into the back end of the season.

Latest posts