What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Crowd Watch

t-ba

Post Whore
Fair play, just because all their fans from the glory years have croaked it doesn't mean they didn't exist at some point.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Lowdown said:
If the dragons were actually half decent this year - it would have been full. The support the Dragons received yesterday was piss poor. Where have their fans gone?

They only had 12,000 to begin with.

That's the size of the "Huge Dragons Army".

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:sleeper:

The bagging of Dragons fans is getting tiring.

Can we focus on the fact that we have NO team with an average below 10k?

Ice777

Bench
Lowdown said:
Whilst it looked full - there were a number of seats spare in both stands - and there was plenty of room at both ends of the ground (standing areas).

The crowd number was about right IMO.

I'm not too sure what happened then because when i was going through the gate they made numerous announcements taht the western stand had sold out. Whether some people didn't show up or not i don't know but that's what they said.

I'd like to know how many people they calculate for on both standing ends in regards to how much it counts towards the full capacity of the ground.

Timmah

Staff member
Round 15 - June 22-25
Sea Eagles/Bulldogs BROOKVALE 13,849
Warriors/Panthers MT SMART 9,978
Raiders/Cowboys CANBERRA 11,263
Titans/Knights CARRARA 15,306
Roosters/Eels AUSSIE 12,211
Rabbitohs/Sharks TELSTRA 9,568
Storm/Dragons OLYM PK 13,545
Broncos/Tigers SUNCORP 29,364

8 matches: TOTAL 115,084 / AVERAGE 14,386

R15 2006 (7 matches): TOTAL: 103,879 / Per Match Average: 14,839

R15 2005 (7 matches): TOTAL: 107,499 / Per Match Average: 15,357

After R15, the 2007 totals:
2007 Season Total: 1,781,468
2007 Season Avg: 15,627

aarondoyle

Juniors
The atmosphere was electric. I have never seen a crowd that size go so insane. Usually it's only Origin that's like that.... but last night. The pouring rain just filled you full of adrenaline.

It was the best game I've been to for a long time - yes Brissy winning was the reason, but the crowd was fantastic. 2 thumbs way up to anyone who was there. I was loving it.

t-ba

Post Whore
Who would have thought that playing Monday Night football a ten minute walk from the CBD in Brisbane would have been a success?

Cullen's nuts if he doesn't think will work again. MNF and Brisbane are a recipe for success. They're not playing out at Robertson any more...

JW

Coach
t-ba said:
Who would have thought that playing Monday Night football a ten minute walk from the CBD in Brisbane would have been a success?

Cullen's nuts if he doesn't think will work again. MNF and Brisbane are a recipe for success. They're not playing out at Robertson any more...

It's a valid point you make.

It was also mentioned last night that it was one of the biggest walkups they've had. So who knows how many more would've attended had the rain stayed away? It'll be interesting to see come Brisbane's next Monday game (difference between pre-sales and the final crowd figure).

brendothejet

First Grade
Lowdown said:
The support the Dragons received yesterday was piss poor. Where have their fans gone?

if you don't mind then you can pay my credit card bill for the several hundred dollars I spent in your fair city on my trip down there :)

Timmah

Staff member
Good news looking at the draw Brisbane still have a number of Suncorp games left... hopefully our crowds will spike as the Bonkers hit more form.

JW

Coach
Pretty sure the 20th anniversary game vs Manly is on a Sunday arvo, too. Should be one of those 45-50K + crowds which they probably wouldn't get against Manly any other year.

eels_fan_01

Bench
bobmar28 said:
It's interesting to note that the QLDers are carrying the rest of us and the Dragons are letting us down.

I aplaud all the QLD crowds but really shouldnt they be the front runnings in crowds seeing as they only have 3 clubs still a good effort though.

I dont know why but it seems like less Eels fans have gone to games this year, pretty disappointing. Even though its down they are still better than other NSW teams.

miccle

Bench
Awesome stuff from the Brissie public last night - MNF rocks for people like me who work til around 5 in the CBD. Walk up, bite to eat, couple of drinks and onto the match... AND i was still home before 10pm.

Adore sitting in the rain too, had heaps of fun!