What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 fixture rumours

meltiger

First Grade
What are people hearing leaking so far about their draws?

Someone on PRE just posted we have 5 interstate trips this year, including R7 & R8 @ AAMI!!

Two weeks in a row sitting amongst a stadium full of backward hicks from feral city :crazy:

Red Bear

Referee
Im hoping Essendon vs one of Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond or Hawthorn in rd 22 to send off Hirdy (and quite possibly sheedy) And Bombers vs Sydney at SCG/Telstra

meltiger

First Grade
About time they started sending teams who aren't going to play finals to Perth in R22

lockyno1

Post Whore
Essendon need 2-3 yrs of "bottoming out" to become better. I am not expecting miracles.

meltiger

First Grade
You mean Essendon have decided to be sh*t & not try to win.

We're all looking forward to watching it, that I promise you :)

lockyno1

Post Whore
I mean, we need draft picks for the next 2-3 yrs. Hopefully carlton don't take gibbs this year!

ive heard the pies are getting 15 games at the MCG, 2-3 @ TD and 4-5interstate....pies are playing melb, syd, ess, carl and tigs twice as well as 2 others

meltiger

First Grade
Collingwood can't have more than 5 interstate because of the 15 MCG games, apparently only 9 are home games. I mean they are even playing Geelong as an away game on the MCG FFS. 9 home games there measn 2 still at Telstra, North being one of them I believe. So 15 MCG games, plus 2 Telstra games leaves only 5 at most interstate.

It would be good to see Collingwood get 5, might stop some of the whinging we all do about their draw.

If Geelong have to play home games on the MCG to be profitable they should be thrown out of the competition.

music_2000

Juniors
I heard Sydney will play West Coast possibly at Telstra in round one or in the rivalry round but I'm not entirely sure when the game will feature

the Anzac day Collingwood Essendon match will take place as per usual despite hearing rumors West Coast and Swans would play on Anzac day. it would be a disaster due to the NRL anzac test

meltiger

First Grade
Sydney should play Brisbane every year in the rivalry round.

Rivalry Round should be about the tradtional rivalries, not the 'now' rivalries.

The only thing close to traditional the Swans can come to is the old Sydney Brisbane hatred.

CyberKev

Staff member
FFS Maria!

Will you network clowns hurry-up and get the final broadcasting arrangements clarified so we can see the actual draw rather than merely speculate on it! :x

(Clearly, patience is not readily among my list of personal characteristics!)

the fixture gets released today.....i kno that the 3 swans games at TS this year are against the WCE, COLL and STK and that COLL starts the season against KANG and end it against ADEL