What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Jets Jersey

greg

Juniors
Its all part of the bluebag charm. the recognisable/traditional jersey. Too many clubs change their strip at the drop of a hat. Dare I say it, that is one area where the AFL have it all over our game. They do dabble in the occasional away strip, but generally speaking their old traditional jersey is sacred and has changed little from their formation.

Bluebag

Juniors
Since 1908 Newtown has been royal blue and an "N" on the chest, the most radical change was in 73 when we went all out and added 3 white stripes on the sleeve. The club has been asked repearedly to have an away strip and the answer is the same "NO WAY".
Depsite former GM Doug Keen agreeing it never got past the board. But then again Doug is Doug.

BB: What about from 78 or 79 to 83 when the had the "Jets" badge on the left hand side?

I cannot confirm this, but I've heard that the Jets had a white pre-season jersey sometime in the 1970's?

As for this season's jersey, I'm not going to hold my breath that the club will be producing one, after last season's lack of jersey. Either due to the club or ISC not coming to the party.

Bluebag

Juniors
HPH it was 79 I think the Jets logo actually went on.
Jerseys were done last year but were not of a standard suitable to the club and hence were not released.

bluebag43

Juniors
So, is anyone going to answer our friend from WA's question? That is, will the club be selling a version of this year's Jersey (with appropriate sponsors badging)?

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
bluebag43 said:
So, is anyone going to answer our friend from WA's question? That is, will the club be selling a version of this year's Jersey (with appropriate sponsors badging)?

Ditto.........

greg

Juniors
Yes the bluebag jersey is scared in its current form (with the radical 1973 stripes on the sleeve). I like it how we incorporate the big N and the jets logo. If an "away" strip was ever considered I too would be against it. Ours is more recognisable than a lot of NRL jerseys. Here's to the jersey never changing!

Picked up the new Rugby League Week (Weak?) and on page 35 there is an advert for a sports store in redcliff and along with this weeks NRL jerseys there is a Jets jersey, what looks like the '07 model!
Has the Big "N" badge on the left breast, the VB PL badge, made by ISC and the sponsors are Lable Craft and the sleeve sponsor Credit Union.
If this is the '07 version, my only beef with it is that the white collar is far too big! In the wind you'll look like your about to take off if the wind gets underneath that collar!
Overall it's a good looking jersey.

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
bluebagger said:
Kalgoorlie Red,

For Newtown Jerseys. Go to www.newtownjets.com and click on to Jets Clothing.

Regards
Bluebagger

Thanks guys. I go on the website often but no pic of the 2007 one yet?

But I think this might be it?
lg_newtown%20jets%202007jersey.jpg

Bluebag

Juniors
SGE w8ill have a larger sleeve sponsorship logo, the Front is clean and the back will have Petersham RSL.

Jeffles said:
It's always been the clubs intention. It's a matter of suppliers etc meeting our simple demands.

You guys who know me from back when would probably know why I'm mighty perplexed at this.

Why the feck did this happen when there were better, cheaper, more reliable alternatives?

BTW, STILL waiting years later for SOME kind of response from ANYONE (Jeffles and Hrundi excepted) who I've contacted over the last three years regarding this.

Hell of a way to run a railroad, if you ask me.