What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Match Review & Judiciary charges

Saxon

Bench
I don't understand half the words you said but it sounds good to me.
Not guilty, or guilty, or whatever you said.
TLDR.

Ref moves into Hughes's way. Hughes will miss tackle.
If Hughes misses tackle, opponent will score.
Will ref make right decision? Does Hughes trust ref?

Is Hughes stupid?
Hughes is not stupid. Hughes pushes ref and makes tackle.

Nutz

Bench
TLDR.

Ref moves into Hughes's way. Hughes will miss tackle.
If Hughes misses tackle, opponent will score.
Will ref make right decision? Does Hughes trust ref?

Is Hughes stupid?
Hughes is not stupid. Hughes pushes ref and makes tackle.
Arrrgghh gotcha. Who's Hughes 🤣🤣

Eion

First Grade
Please elucidate? A cynical attempt to avoid a try?

Would you as a player for one moment take the risk that if you didn't make the tackle and the opposition scored that the ref and bunker would make the correct decision and call play back?
Given their abysmal record with anything requiring even a modicum of common sense, if it came down to making a decision to trust the ref to get it right I wouldn't be letting the mere thought begin to speculate about the merest possibility of crossing my mind.

Are you for real? Players take the risk every week hamming it up for obstructions.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

Wednesday​

Origin III: NSW v QLD​

Kurt Capewell (QLD)
  • Grade 1 Dangerous Throw on Stephen Crichton (9 min)
  • Base penalty 10% of match fee
  • His options:
    Early plea - 7% of match fee
    Guilty at panel / no contest - 10% of match fee
  • PLEA: TBC
Kurt Capewell (QLD)
  • Grade 1 Dangerous Contract on Mitchell Moses (14 min)
  • His options:
Jeremiah Nanai (QLD)
Brian To'o (NSW)
Reuben Cotter (QLD)
Hamiso Tabuai Fidow (QLD)

• All charged with Grade 2 Contrary Conduct in melee (31 min)
  • Base penalty 20% of match fee
  • His options:
    Early plea - 13% of match fee
    Guilty at panel / no contest - 20% of match fee
Cameron Murray (NSW)
Haumole Olakau'atu (NSW)

• Both charged with Grade 3 Contrary Conduct in melee (31 min)
  • Base penalty 3 matches
  • His options:
    Early plea - 2 matches
    Guilty at panel / no contest - 3 matches
Matt Burton (NSW)
Felise Kaufusi (QLD)
Payne Haas (NSW)

• All charged with Grade 1 Contrary Conduct in melee (31 min)
  • His options:

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
Wait, so no charges for Luai or DCE for the initial hits to the face that started the whole thing? Hahahahaha. The MRC never fail to disappoint!

yobbo84

Coach
Grade 3 is totally manufactured because they changed the rules for rep games so that grades 1 and 2 are only fines

There's no planet on which you can say that what Cam did is the highest level of contrary conduct

Vic Mackey

Referee
Grade 3 is totally manufactured because they changed the rules for rep games so that grades 1 and 2 are only fines

There's no planet on which you can say that what Cam did is the highest level of contrary conduct

I do think its a bad look to have guys running in from the bench, however it was also about 9 on 1 QLDers on Luai. Tough one on Cam as he's one guy you can genuinely say 'its not his go'

lockyno1

Post Whore

you cannot leave the bench he’s lucky he wasn’t sent from the field. Live I assumed he wasn’t on the bench as I never expect Murray to come off.

yobbo84

Coach
I do think its a bad look to have guys running in from the bench, however it was also about 9 on 1 QLDers on Luai. Tough one on Cam as he's one guy you can genuinely say 'its not his go'

Yeah. NSW should have totally just watch this unfold. Are the MRC even men?

It's more an inditement that no other NSW players got there first and Murray had to run in to defend his teammate.

GSsLrPBacAEKN9G

yobbo84

Coach
you cannot leave the bench he’s lucky he wasn’t sent from the field. Live I assumed he wasn’t on the bench as I never expect Murray to come off.
Deal with it in-game as you wish. Sin bin, send off, whatever. But it was dealt with. Absolutely no need for the MRC to become involved for anyone.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Deal with it in-game as you wish. Sin bin, send off, whatever. But it was dealt with. Absolutely no need for the MRC to become involved for anyone.

That just opens the door for pure thuggary not that I think Murray is one. Least we learnt one thing Murray really can't fight lol

Still not as dumb as Ola in a suit getting 2 weeks suspension for Manly!