What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 recruitment drive by Smithy

Roy

Juniors
According to wielder, paramatta is about to announce they have signed ben smith in the next couple of days

antonius

Coach
Word today is that he hasn't actually signed yet, I was sure NBN reported last night that he had.. As for not needing him, I think he's one of the best centre prospects going around at the moment.

Roy

Juniors
we do have tighe who i would much rather replace carmont. We really need a winger imo especially if Carney does go

antonius

Coach
Roy said:
we do have tighe who i would much rather replace carmont. We really need a winger imo especially if Carney does go
Check the Flegg thread we have an excellent prospect there.

Roy

Juniors
antonius said:
Check the Flegg thread we have an excellent prospect there.

Agreed we do have a excellent prospect there, but do you think Uate will be ready for first grade then. I think that is who you are refering to.

antonius

Coach
It's possible, if as Roopy suggests he gets a run in Premier league this season, then a good off season could see him there in 2007.

Roy

Juniors
antonius said:
It's possible, if as Roopy suggests he gets a run in Premier league this season, then a good off season could see him there in 2007.

that would be great, i just hope he isnt stuffed around like snowden was last year

ArturiusX

Juniors
You guys invest way too much into Mullen.

He's very good, with a lot of potential, but that in no way means he'll make it. A lot of good young halves drop off as soon as the video test is put on them, with other teams working out strategies to defeat their playmaking abilities. Tim Smith is a good example of someone who will struggle because of this.

I remember seeing Brett Seymour being talked as the new Origin Halfback, but he never really lived up to it.

Also, at the young age of 19 (he's 19 right?), its around the time that your knees either hold up or give. A lot of young footballers get knee injuries as the timing between size build up and their joints becoming stable enough is usually bad. A popped knee can be the end of his speed, thus the end of his career.

Owen Cragie was supposed to be Matt John's replacement as a Brad Fittler esque 5"8 who will one day captain NSW. Different scenario, but relying heavily on someone young and relativly unproven has a lot of perils and should be left to the experts.

Roy

Juniors
I hope smithy realizes what a mistake we made in paying 200k a year for reynoldson an farks him off.

Jedda

Juniors
Isn't Reynoldson an ex Parra player anyways? Chances are if Brian has moved him on from one club already we may be in luck this time round.

Roy

Juniors
Jedda said:
Isn't Reynoldson an ex Parra player anyways? Chances are if Brian has moved him on from one club already we may be in luck this time round.

i hope he does

Roy

Juniors
there is talk in the parra forum that brett delaney may sign with us.

ArturiusX

Juniors
Ben Smith > Brad Tighes in the centres. Brad's too much of a defensive liability compared to the hard tackling Smith.

Latest posts