What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Superleague shirts

deluded pom?

Coach
I take it that's a pic of your child hrundi ? Just wait till they want the current shirt of whichever side they support. When the club brings out a shirt after just one season and your child feels left out because their friends all have the latest shirt but they don't. It's called emotional blackmail. Even better than a gun at your head.

Philby

Juniors
buccaneer said:
2007%20Kit%20500.jpg

Saints 2007 Home Kit
Is it just me or a the superleague shorts getting longer every season. Soon they will be in basketball shorts. And what is going on with the socks they look shocking

jed

First Grade
deluded pom? said:
I take it that's a pic of your child hrundi ? Just wait till they want the current shirt of whichever side they support. When the club brings out a shirt after just one season and your child feels left out because their friends all have the latest shirt but they don't. It's called emotional blackmail. Even better than a gun at your head.
Child-rearing tips aren't exactly what this thread's for, however I'd say a lot is to do with how you raise your children. If you are one of the "trendy" parents who makes sure their kid is always wearing the right labels, like £100 Weeboks, then they'll probably grow up to be one of the spoilt brats in your post, DP. However, if you are a down-to-earth parent like Hrundi, you raise your child to appreciate that it's the supporting of your team that's important, not the fact that you replace your wardrobe each season with all the gear.

deluded pom?

Coach
jed said:
if you are a down-to-earth parent like Hrundi, you raise your child to appreciate that it's the supporting of your team that's important, not the fact that you replace your wardrobe each season with all the gear.

If only it was that simple jed.That's enough from me about this anyway.Back to the original topic.

innsaneink

Referee
buccaneer said:
prod_1316.jpg

Saints 2007 Away Kit

Too far....imagine Saints Illa in blue and white, or the Dogs in Red & white away....imo your colours are your colours and that shouldnt change.

jed

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Too far....imagine Saints Illa in blue and white, or the Dogs in Red & white away....imo your colours are your colours and that shouldnt change.
Away shirts in the UK are often using different colours to your home shirt.

Saints last season had a very similar blue shirt, although with a white V. Huddersfield this year have purple & aqua (as opposed to claret & gold), Hull FC have navy & royal blue (opposed to black & white). 2 years ago Bradford had emerald green for their away shirt.

I'm actually a fan of the NFL version, where the away team wears a white shirt, although with a few SL sides using white as a dominant colour in their home shirt, this wouldn't work in this case.

deluded pom?

Coach
Not much imagination goes into many of the "away" shirts. Most are either black or navy blue. Disappointed that Saints haven't put the five stars above their logo on the "away" shirt.

Evil Homer

Staff member
deluded pom? said:
Not much imagination goes into many of the "away" shirts. Most are either black or navy blue.

You should be thankful that yours isn't purple and blue.

jed

First Grade
Evil Homer said:
You should be thankful that yours isn't purple and blue.
Not too much imagination goes into a lot of the shirts full stop. The Giants a few years back had a home shirt that was virtually identical to the Broncos shirt, and last season the Bulls away shirt was the same design (different colours though) to the ACT Brumbies away shirt. ISC obviously got a little cheap with their design staff, thought they'd sell the same shirt to a few different clubs.

deluded pom? said:
So they can screw the gullible Pommie public. The poms will buy a new shirt every month if the clubs went down that path. Soccer change shirts roughly once every two years but take into consideration that they probably have three kits anyway. So there is always one kit that needs renewing. Instead of trying to generate new money English clubs just try and get more money from the same core fanbase. Also ask yourself how often Australian clubs change their shirts (be it the usual "home" shirt or a second shirt which very very few teams had ten years ago).

I can only speak for the Bulls but they have changed kit suppliers (again) hence why the shirt has changed.

jed

First Grade
I was skeptical about Kooga when I found out we were going with them this year, but aside from the 1st batch of polo shirts they produced mid last year, I've been very impressed.

buccaneer

Juniors
innsaneink said:

The idea of Away/Alternative kits is to be different from your Home kit to avoid colour clashes with opposing teams of similar colours & design. So they tend to show little sign of a club connection, although Saints have tended to incorperate the Vee in their away shirts for the last few years. Would be harder to imagine Saints wearing a Red/White hooped jersey.

jed

First Grade
So it is. Every pic I've seen looks like a very dark blue on the monitor, I'd still stand by my comment that it looks blue. :oops:

Well spotted Bartman :p

Latest posts