What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Team

Hurriflatch

Referee
either that or move BOTH Benny and Delaney into the forwards.

After the likes of Weller, Jack and Zeb. Parra's forwards are either too young or not good enough for 1st grade.

Tim Mannah while a great player won't last in 1st grade yet still needs time to develop or he'll turn into another SBW and get a lot of injuries due to him physically not being mature enough.

Backs you can get away with brining in 18 yr old's it don't work in the forwards.

Parraren

Bench
I know what we need, but this is just my gut feeling based on what i've heard and Hagan's past record attracting big name players. Put 2 and 2 together and that's what I'm guestimating.

Hope i'm wrong...

JOB 3:14

Juniors
What is really bothering me is not our playing roster. Its can the new coach deliver? Im not sure.
I hope im wrong.

MrT

Juniors
You could be right JOB, I'd be scared if it was Johns who was coaching Hagan and not the other way around

JOB 3:14

Juniors
I guess only time will tell, but i have my reservations. At this point i would feel safer with Taylor leading the way. I predict he will be head coach of souths some time next year.

Eelectrica

Referee
So all those pre June 30 winks from forumers in the know meant... nothing?
Maybe we should sign Chris Walker just so we can say we signed someone.

Eelectrica

Referee
JOB 3:14 said:
No please not him. What about the great Ash Graham?
:lol: Cowboys haven't been the same since he moved back up north.

OK have had time to think things through somewhat rationally. I think we're going to sign Steve Simpson. (And if I type sing instead of sign one more time, this keyboards going through the monitor)

As I understand things the get out clause kicks in only after he's played 6 Origins. So until he runs out on Wednesday night the clause isn't activated. In other words if he drops a brick on his foot tomorrow and is unable to play on Wednesday the clause doesn't get activated. As such he can't be contacted yet.

Assuming he doesn't drop a brick on his foot and does play Wednesday he'll have Hindy in his ear suggesting he come over, as well as Hagan. Therefore, in conclusion we're signing Simpson :p

And if not I'll go :crazy:

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Suitman said:
Anyone who thinks Joel Reddy should be fullback next year ahead of Hayne has rocks in their head.

Actually, Flatch, I could hear your head rattling on Saturday night.

Suity

anyone who thinks those 2 over wade at fullback have rocks in there head

Maroubra Eel

Coach
parra-matters said:
$1.2mil on one player?
Who would be worth that?
No one on the open market.

Yeah with alll the players we are losing. If we sign nobody then I estimate we will have about $1.2 million or so to spend on someone.

Maybe as Flatch said we might sign Beckham.

MrT

Juniors
Jay Jay, keep dreaming buddy, both Jaryd and Kris Inu are way above Wade at the same points in their careers. Where was Wade when he was 18, certainly not doing what these 2 are doing. Hayne has already proven he can do everything Wade can do. I wanted to see if he could defend and he passed with flying colours. Our backline should be for 2007

1. Hayne
2. Inu/ Williams
3.Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe

WA Eel

Juniors
yy_cheng said:
I don't follow soccer but isn't he a forward that kick goals?

No, he's basically a winger / centre who's there mainly for place kicks rather than his work in general play................ hold on, I think we may have a few those already!

oldmancraigy

Coach
1. ???
2. Hayne
3. B Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. ????
7. T Smith

8. Cayless
9. Riddell
10. Moi Moi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Taia
13. Robinson

14. Marsh

Obviously the problem spot is 5/8 --> the bigger problem is that there aren't many quality 5/8s in the premiership at the moment anyway.... in fact probably only 3 who are genuine playmakers (Lockyer/ Smith/ Hill)

So no idea what we do for a 5/8!

The other problem area is props/ hardworking forwards.

Clearly Taia is the goods as a rampaging second rower, just depends how quickly he develops in terms of his hands and picking his moments - I think he's coming along great and will be starting next year. That leaves us with the problem of Hindy and Robinson doing all the tackling (neither Moi Moi nor Riddell make a lot of tackles) - and we'd definitely need some help in the engine room.

If Myles is available I'd slot him STRAIGHT into the second row to partner Hindy, and then we could make up some prop depth as we go.

I'd also take Mark Mini - that guy is fantastic in his enthusiasm, he'd make a great lock/ SR too and would give us some depth.

Redback71

First Grade
1. Joel Reddy
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Ben Smith
4. Timana Tahu
5. Eric Grothe
6. luke burt
7. Tim Smith
8. Nathan Cayless
9. Mark Riddell
10. Fuifui Moimoi