What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Year of the Rabbit

buster bunny

Juniors
As much as I like to hear that things are going well at souths I almost wish people didnt build them up so much. I think souths best chance will be if nobody expects them to perform and they fly under the radar for the first half of the season. At the moment im just worried they may be under too much pressure to change years of failure in one season.

Should be an interesting season

pantherz9103

First Grade
They should have built upon there good finish to season 2005 but they didn't. If I were a souths fan i'd be happy to be competitive early win a couple of games and maybe go on a good run once the team has familiarised with eachother.

Just a point to people saying 'Souths fans say the same thing every year' -

This thread was started by a Bulldogs fan.

The Rabbitohs are in a period of transition. There is no argument here that we go through 'false dawns' on nearly a yearly period. However now what we have is the set up and attitude and personel to create a dawn that is true.

Signing class players is great. But it's the smallest piece in the puzzle. We've signed decent players before (Harrison, Walker, Walker, Peters, Fletcher in one hit. They may not be Asotasi and Co. quality but they should be decent 1st graders at least). But what's the point in getting these players when you have the worst training facilities in footy, the smallest coaching staff in footy ETC?

The important things we have purchased are Jason Taylor, Errol Alcott, Vince Kelly, Grant Duthie and Michael Baker. In the past we had 3 Fulltime Coaching squad. Now we have at least 7. This new coaching squad has finally got the squad looking like athletes like the other 15 teams. They've also purchased Hundreds of thousands of dollars in new gym equipment, had the training ground resurfaced, completely overhauled training schedule doing things such as daily hydration tests before training to make sure they're training at optimum levels, daily weight tests, and other things that the other teams probably have done for years but Souths have never done.

It also helps having management who's response is to not jerk their knees out of their socket but to plan ahead to achieve long term and sustained success in every aspect of the club.

In response to the initial point, I dont know if Souths will make the finals. I think if they are competitive week to week and making teams turn up thinking they need to play at 100% to pull of a win against us then the season has been successful. With a few key purchases and the continued progression of our own young juniors we are seeing the club become something that MOST rugby league supporters want to see.

A strong South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Year of the bunny is a bigger cliche than

"This is the Saints year"
"This guy is Sonny Bill Williams without the injuries"

all 3 get said a lot but never mean anything.

Sugar

Bench
Will we win the comp>>>>NO
Will we make the top 8 >>>>Maybe
Will we take the spoon >>>>NO
Will this be our best year since 1989 >>>YES
We will go alright

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
The last time I checked there were 14 other teams in the league and 1 group of oxygen thieving pieces of human waste (Sydney). Why don't we talk about them for a bit?

adamkungl

Immortal
S.S.T.I.D said:
The last time I checked there were 14 other teams in the league and 1 group of oxygen thieving pieces of human waste (Sydney). Why don't we talk about them for a bit?

Anyone else notice how a 35 year drought can bring out some rather unnapealing qualities in footy fans? Like jealousy for example...

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
adamkungl said:
Anyone else notice how a 35 year drought can bring out some rather unnapealing qualities in footy fans? Like jealousy for example...

What is it that I am jealous of?

adamkungl

Immortal
S.S.T.I.D said:
What is it that I am jealous of?

Some success in your lifetime perhaps? Seemed like a pretty cheap shot to be making especially in a thread that ahs nothing to do with any team other than Souths

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
adamkungl said:
Some success in your lifetime perhaps? Seemed like a pretty cheap shot to be making especially in a thread that ahs nothing to do with any team other than Souths

I rarely refer to your club as anything else, no matter the topic. Just like the vast majority of your fans refer to my club as 'vermin'. I was merely commenting on the fact that the amount of Souths threads is ridiculous. I'd like to chat about a few others for a change.

adamkungl

Immortal
S.S.T.I.D said:
I rarely refer to your club as anything else, no matter the topic. Just like the vast majority of your fans refer to my club as 'vermin'. I was merely commenting on the fact that the amount of Souths threads is ridiculous. I'd like to chat about a few others for a change.

lol fair enough. Just defending my team. As for oxygen thieving piece of human waste, would that be a step above vermin? Being human and all...or is that waste from a human? :p

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I will be happy if with a few Rounds to go, they have us on that list which has who we have left to play. Anything above that is a bonus, considering the crap we have dished up.

Talking about crap, the Rorters are specials for the spoon, with a forward pack the Sharks rejected. ;-)

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
adamkungl said:
lol fair enough. Just defending my team. As for oxygen thieving piece of human waste, would that be a step above vermin? Being human and all...or is that waste from a human? :p

I'm not sure. I didn't really think it through.:)