What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007's side... based on who we currently have

aussies1st

Staff member
Agreed with Carney as a 5/8. What the commentators were saying on the weekend was dead on. Carney looks much better when he is running it instead of distributing the ball. Good long kicking game but hasn't really shown guidance on a team.

greeneyed

First Grade
Carney is an extremely good ball distributor. If people had seen him more than on a few games on Fox sports they might realise that.

sydraider

First Grade
Was fortunate enough to catch the tail end of Wigan v Hrlequins last night.
I was quite impressed with Dobson, he wasnt setting the world on fire but his passing game looked good and his vision with kicking looked good. Definite starting 7 for mine next season, with Carney at 5/8.

Also Macca scored a try towards the end which was good to see, wasnt spectacular though, jus backing up close to the line. Another maybe not so worhty mention was Matt Gafa :lol: He seems to have taken some angry pills over there, he gave away two penalties in quick succession for overdoing it in the tackle :lol: quit4e amusing.

greeneyed

First Grade
I thought that game was quite depressing. Definitely PL standard. Dobson is doing nothing more than you'd expect in PL... nothing out of the box IMO.

julian87

Juniors
1 Clinton SCHIFCOFSKE
2 David HOWELL
3 Phil GRAHAM
4 Craig FRAWLEY
5 Colin BEST
6 Todd CARNEY
7 Michael DOBSON
8 Dane TILSE
9 Lincoln WITHERS
10 Troy THOMPSON
11 Thom LEAROYD - LAHRS
12 Nate MYLES/whoever we sign
13 Alan TONGUE

14 William ZILLMAN
15 Michael WEYMAN
16 Josh MILLER
17 Marshall CHALK

18 Trevor THURLING
19 Andrew LOMU
20 Alan ROTHERY
21 Jason WILLIAMS
22 Kris KAHLER/New SIGNING
23 Ben JONES
24 Junior SAU/New signing
25 Adrian PURTELL

fourxman

Juniors
I am dissappointed that i haven't heard of any signings besides Colin Best.

But here is my side for 2007:

1 - Schif
2 - Chalk/Graham
3 - Graham/Chalk
4 - Frawley
5 - Best
6 - Carney
7 - Dobson/Zillman
8 - Tilse
9 - Withers
10 - Miller
11 - TLL
12 - Thurling
13 - Tounge

14 - Jones
15 - Weyman
16 - Thompson
17 - Zillman/Dobson

If Schif goes... Chalk to FB
Howell on the Wing

Raider_69

Post Whore
1. Schif (chalk if schif goes)
2. Best
3. Graham
4. Frawley
5. Chalk (New signing if schif goes)
6. Carney
7. Dobson
8. Miller
9. Withers
10. Tilse
11. Learoyd-Lahrs
12. Thompson
13. Tongue

14. Weyman
15. Thurling
16. New Signing
17. Zillman

1. Zillman
2. Best
3. Graham
4. Howell (Mogg if he stays)
5. Frawley
6. Carney
7. Dobson
8. Tilse
9. Withers
10. Thommo
11. TLL
12. Croker?
13. Tongue

Res:
14. Chalk (He's good enough to start in the backline, but I do like his utility value)
15. Weyman
16. Miller
17. Thurling

Look, it's a young team, but potentially it's still a bloody good one. Am I the only one who thinks that team will have a LOT more points in them next year? Not just because of the coach, but because of the players used. We may be worse off defensively in the backs though...

Kris_man

Bench
1. Chalk
2. Best
3. Graham
4. Howell
5. Frawley
6. Carney
7. Zillman
8. Tilse
9. Withers
10. Thommo
11. TLL
12. Croker
13. Tongue

Res:
14. Hinchcliffe
15. Weyman
16. Miller
17. Thurling

F*ck me we need some new signings.
IBG said:
Am I the only one who thinks that team will have a LOT more points in them next year?
F*ck yeah man, no doubt... oh, you mean points that WE score?

Timbo

Staff member
I have a sneaking suspicion Croker will go.

Here's what I'd do:

1-Goodwin
2-Chalk
3-Howell
4-Graham
5-Best
6-Carney
7-Dobson
8-Tilse
9-Withers (c)
10-Weyman
11-Learoyd-Lahrs
12-Rothery
13-Tongue (vc)

14-Zillman
15-Thompson
16-Miller
17-Thurling

------------------

I don't care how much potential it has-That side runs last. Not a single noted gamebreaker amongst the lot of them.

We need management to pull a miracle out of their backsides here and name at least two huge signings.

What astonishing irony it is that the only two 'names' left on the market are B.Finch and M.Monaghan, whose respective clubs both want them gone.

Timbo said:
I have a sneaking suspicion Croker will go.

Here's what I'd do:

1-Goodwin
2-Chalk
3-Howell
4-Graham
5-Best
6-Carney
7-Dobson
8-Tilse
9-Withers (c)
10-Weyman
11-Learoyd-Lahrs
12-Rothery
13-Tongue (vc)

14-Zillman
15-Thompson
16-Miller
17-Thurling

------------------

I don't care how much potential it has-That side runs last. Not a single noted gamebreaker amongst the lot of them.

We need management to pull a miracle out of their backsides here and name at least two huge signings.

What astonishing irony it is that the only two 'names' left on the market are B.Finch and M.Monaghan, whose respective clubs both want them gone.

I agree Timbo, while that side will be an awesome one in 2009/2010, if we go into 2007 with that side we will get annihalated, even by souths and these young guns we have will develop a losing culture. We desperately need one big name next year, just to steer us around the park, someone to look to when things aren't going right.

I think if we are going to go in wih a side like that we should at least try a few things and experiment a little.

I think TOM LL would be a sensation in the centres, he is very quick and could attrack lots of players out wide Mal Meninga style. Pair him up with collin best on one side, with Frawly and Howell/Mogg if he stays on the other side and put Graham to fullback He'd be great at fullback where he could use his speed.

Id go with

1. Graham
2. Howell/Mogg (mogg if he stays)
3. Frawley
4. Tom LL
5. Best
6. Carney
7. Dobson
8. Tilse
9. Withers
10. Weyman
11. Thurling
12. Thompson
13. Tongue

14. Zillman
15. Miller
16. Rohery
17. Chalk

twistedbydesign

Juniors
This is my team assuming we are without the services of Messrs Croker and Mogg

1 Chalk
2 Best
3 Graham
4 Frawley
5 Howell
6 Carney
7 Dobson
8 Thommo
9 Withers
10 Miller
11 TLL
12 Thurling
13 Tongue (C)

14 Zillman
15 Weyman
16 Tilse
17 Rothery

The mean age for that team would be somewhere around 22 I would imagine. When you consider the inevitable injury/suspension toll, we're morals for the spoon.

raidz3r

Juniors
our team for next year looks so much better with Mogg in the centres, rather then Howell. If we can keep Mogg and sign say nate myles we could have a reasonably good team for next year.

hrundi99

First Grade
I'm not sure why folks have gone from being excited about 2007 to guaranteeing the spoon based just on Schif not being here.

Yes he is our captain and he's consistently our best player, but...

Bay56

First Grade
We will go from being one of the oldest teams to one of the youngest in 2007.

Unfortunately Mr Elliott in his wisdom did not give many of our youngsters a far start in FG ... heck even Carney isnt given the responsibility to kick in FG. And as for Zillman, well the less said the better. All these guys will be thrown in the deep end in 2007 under Henry.

Now if I was management I would be instructing the coach to give as much game time to the likes if Zilly and co in the remaining rounds of 2006 ... and that includes the likes of Chalk and Goodwin at FB and Zilly in the halves.

Bay56

First Grade
hrundi99 said:
We are still a chance of making the 8 and as such things will continue as normal...

the aim of the game is to in the comp ... the fact that we finish in th eight will not compensate for being knocked out in the first week.

imo we should start preparing for 2007 now ... and that means giving more time now for those who will be with us then

hrundi99

First Grade
Bay56 said:
the aim of the game is to in the comp ... the fact that we finish in th eight will not compensate for being knocked out in the first week.

imo we should start preparing for 2007 now ... and that means giving more time now for those who will be with us then

In a way I agree with you, but I don't believe the club will.

Latest posts