What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 NBA Finals. Celtics V Lakers!

Who will win?

• Total voters

Stranger

Coach
How good is this!!!

Can't wait!

Predictions now.

IMO, the amount of games Celtics have played will count against them.

Lakers in 7. They can win away from home.

Ridders

Coach
the format is 2-3-2 right, forgot if it changes for the finals. if so i'd say lakers in 6 as well, Lakers to steal one in boston, boston to steal one in LA and then LA to win on the road to take the title.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Without any confidence, Celtics in 6. Ray Allen is the x factor in this series. If he can at least make Kobe work on the defensive end, that might take away some of his effectiveness on offence. Should be a fantastic series though.

McLovin

Staff member
I thought this was pretty funny...

Ben(New Jersey): Sports Guy! I've been a fan for years but I've never written in before. I'm a senior in high school and my friends and I love to play a game called KG that. It's when you take something ordinary and go crazy over it. For example, we went out for Chinese last Friday and after one of my friends ordered his beef and broccoli i told him he should KG it when it comes. When the waiter brought out his beef, he got up on his chair and started pounding his chest screaming "THATS HOW YOU ORDER CHINESE" he then ran around high fiving random people while pounding his chest and screaming. We ended up getting kicked out, but I'd say it was worth it. Whats the funniest situation you could see where you could KG something?

Only in America though...

Alehana

Juniors
what the, celtics have KG, PP, RA, Rondo, green (won dunk competition)
lakers have kobe, and gasol, altho their backups are good, i just cant believe celtics arn't favourites, they finished on top,

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Green was traded to Minny last off-season, and is pretty useless really. It's going to come down to Kobe this series. If Bowen can't defend him, who can? But, he has to stay within the triangle and ensure Odom & Gasol are utilised. If he starts playing 1 on 3 or 4 basketball against the Celtics team defence, Lakers won't win.

Ridders

Coach
thats a good point although if odom and gasol don't dont turn up offensively, which has been happening at times recently, kobe will be left with little choice. I don't think Kobe will make that mistake, i think he learnt, albeit the hard way, against Detroit in 04' as to what happens why you try to force bad shots.

Bumble

First Grade
Just popped 5 bucks on Boston to win game 1 by more than 10 points, paying $4.10

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Wow, hope that didn't break the bank!!

J/K, but you've lost your money anyway. With the 3 day break between games 1 and 2, the Lakers are going to have a massive go at winning game 1. It will be close.

Bumble

First Grade
Wow, hope that didn't break the bank!!

J/K, but you've lost your money anyway. With the 3 day break between games 1 and 2, the Lakers are going to have a massive go at winning game 1. It will be close.

:lol: :(

The odds were pretty decent I felt. Boston will win, I know that much. How much is the question.

The wierdest thing was you couldn't even put money on Kobe to score the most points in the match on centrebet...only the 3 amigos for Boston, and Odom and Gasol.

weasel

First Grade
I think the Lakers are gonna win it, but I'd like Boston to get up. Pretty sure LA will be back again in 12 months time, whereas KG is running out of time for that ring so it'd be nice if the Celtics won.

Panthers_God

Juniors
Kobe will do what Kobe does.

I think if Gasol takes advantage of his outside/inside game on Perkins the Lakers will win. If KG has to gaurd Gasol, Odom will be left open to score and distribute. Lakers need the front court to fire aswell.

As for Boston, they can have anyone of the big 3 put up 30 and it's there game. Remember Lakers have one of the best offenses in the league but Boston have the best defence. Will be an interesting match-up.

If Boston hold first two games they win the series.

Latest posts