What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 NRL Round 13 Teams & Referees

skeepe

Immortal
Monaghan on standby for NSW

r13_preview_pic.jpg-ce9c09032726e3ecb96e23646f4e2c7c.jpg

The CFMEU Canberra Raiders have named an extended bench for this weekends clash with the Eels at Parramatta Stadium, after centre Joel Monaghan was called into the NSW squad today for the second state of Origin match in Brisbane.

Monaghan is on standby for the injured Mark Gasnier, and will come into the side if the St George-Illawarra centre is ruled out through injury. With NSW winger Jarryd Hayne also in doubt through the threat of suspension, Monaghan may also find himself on the wing if Hayne is suspended later this week.

Despite the chance of selection for the Blues, Raiders Coach Neil Henry named Monaghan in the Raiders line-up to face the Eels on Saturday, with Brett Kelly named on the extended bench.

If Monaghan is drafted in the NSW team Kelly will come onto the wing for the Green Machine, with Colin Best moving infield to the centres.

Henry said the Raiders would prepare this week as if Monaghan was already in the Blues team, with Colin Best moving infield.

"There's a chance Joel could still play, but we trained this morning with Colin Best in the centres," Henry said. "We're preparing as if Joel will not be here, but there is a chance he could play."

Henry said Monaghan's selection was well deserved, for both him as an individual and for the Raiders.

"He's been good for us this year and created some attacking opportunities for us so if he does play it's a great opportunity for him," he said. "It's a great thing for both him and the club, and reward for a good start to the season."

A small injury to Scott Logan was the only other concern for the Green Machine, but Henry said an extended bench gave the Raiders options for Saturday night.

"Scott Logan has a small hip flexor problem so we'll see if he's Ok, but Troy Thompson's knee has come good and after some swelling he ran quite well this morning," he said. "Michael Weyman comes into contention this week as well, so it depends on the fitness of Logan."

After serving a six week suspension Michael Weyman was also named on the extended Raiders bench, and said he's looking forward to getting back on the paddock this weekend.

"I'll just have to wait and see what happens by the end of the week," Weyman said. "I feel alright I suppose but it's been a fair while since I had a run.

"I've been training pretty hard over the last few weeks and I feel good."

"It's going to be real hard. I may struggle for the first game or so but once I get my timing and fitness back it will start to come and I'll feel a bit better.

NRL
CANBERRA RAIDERS V PARRAMATTA EELS
PARRAMATTA STADIUM, SATURDAY JUNE 7, 7.30PM

1. BRONX GOODWIN
2. COLIN BEST
3. ADRIAN PURTELL
4. JOEL MONAGHAN
5. DAVID MILNE
6. TERRY CAMPESE
7. TODD CARNEY
8. SCOTT LOGAN
9. ALAN TONGUE (c)
10. DANE TILSE
11. GLEN TURNER
12. NIGEL PLUM
13. JOE PICKER

14. JOSH MILLER
15. GLEN BUTTRISS
16. TREVOR THURLING
17. TROY THOMPSON
18. BEN JONES
19. BRETT KELLY
20. MICHAEL WEYMAN

COACH: NEIL HENRY

http://www.raiders.com.au

julian87

Juniors
If Monaghan is drafted in the NSW team Kelly will come onto the wing for the Green Machine, with Colin Best moving infield to the centres.

Oh FFS. If we line up with Milne and Kelly on the wings we are asking for an ass raping. Milne is shithouse and Kelly still hasn't played first grade in his natural position of centre. FMD.

Put Purtell on the wing where he belongs and put Kelly into the centres FFS.

kingdamo

Juniors
Warrriors team, Radio Sport NZ.

1 Patrick Ah Van
2 Michael Crockett
3 Aiden Kirk
4 Jerome Ropati
5 Manu Vatuvei
6 Nathan Fien
7 Grant Rovelli
8 Ruben Wiki (vc)
9 Ian Henderson
10 Sam Rapira
11 Simon Mannering
12 Epalahame Lauaki
13 Michael Luck (c)

14 Lance Hohaia
15 Evarn Tuimavave
16 Russel Packer
17 Sonny Fai
progress.gif

skeepe

Immortal
Oh FFS. If we line up with Milne and Kelly on the wings we are asking for an ass raping. Milne is shithouse and Kelly still hasn't played first grade in his natural position of centre. FMD.

Put Purtell on the wing where he belongs and put Kelly into the centres FFS.

You continue to have absolutely no clue. You're the lockyno1 of Raiders fans.

yobbo84

Coach
Souths Team. Major changes! Looks like JT has cracked the sh*ts with some senior players FINALLY. Vagana, Hegarty, Widders gone. Kidwell to the bench.

Source: SSTV (www.rabbitohs.com.au)

1. Luke Capewell
2. John Tamanika
3. Jamie Simpson
4. Fetuli Talanoa
5. Nathan Merritt
6. John Sutton
7. Chris Sandow
8. Scott Geddes
9. Issac Luke
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Luke Stuart
12. David Fa'alogo
13. Ben Lowe

14. George Ndaira
15. Shannan McPherson
16. David Kidwell
17. Manase Manuokafoa
18. Michael Greenfield

Last edited:

julian87

Juniors
Kelly is a centre.
Purtell is a winger.
Milne marking up on huge wingers has not worked well in the past.
Milne wushes in off his wing like someone is dangling a $100 bill in between their centre and winger every time.
Milne can't defend against decent kicks, this has been proven time and time again.

And if you think Kelly ir more a winger of a centre and Purtell more of a centre than a winger, I hope you think I have no idea.

Kelly is a centre.
Purtell is a winger.
Milne marking up on huge wingers has not worked well in the past.
Milne wushes in off his wing like someone is dangling a $100 bill in between their centre and winger every time.
Milne can't defend against decent kicks, this has been proven time and time again.

And if you think Kelly ir more a winger of a centre and Purtell more of a centre than a winger, I hope you think I have no idea.

Is the floating $100 a third party non salary cap offering ?

Pumba

First Grade
Wests Tigers
1 Brett Hodgson ©
2 Taniela Tuiaki
3 Dean Collis
4 Chris Lawrence
5 Shannon McDonnell
6 Benji Marshall
7 Mathew Head
8 Bryce Gibbs
9 Robbie Farah
10 Keith Galloway
11 Ben Te’o
12 Chris Heighington
13 Dene Halatau

14 John Morris
15 Danny Galea
16 Corey Payne
17 Bronson Harrison
18 Beau Ryan

http://weststigers.com.au/NewsArticle.aspx?NewsId=1683

mxlegend99

Referee
Panthers Round 13 Team:
1. Rhys Wesser
2. Luke Rooney
3. Michael Jennings
4. Brad Tighe
5. Jarrod Sammut
6. Maurice Blair
7. Luke Lewis
8. Tony Puletua
9. Luke Priddis
10. Petero Civoniceva (WTF???)
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Trent Waterhouse
13. Nathan Smith

14. Paul Aiton
15. Joseph Paulo
16. Matthew Bell
17. Josh Batemen
18. Brendan Worth
Coach: Matt Elliott

skeepe

Immortal
:lol:

One of Elliott's best. I'm surprised nobody at Penrith gave him the tap on the shoulder and reminded him about a little game called Origin.

mxlegend99

Referee
Gotta say... he really proved you blokes right with that one.

Unless it was uploaded to the website incorrectly?

Pumba

First Grade
  1. Wes Naiqama
  2. James McManus
  3. Keith Lulia
  4. Adam MacDougall
  5. Cooper Vuna
  6. Jarrod Mullen
  7. Scott Dureau
  8. Danny Wicks
  9. Matt Hilder
  10. Jesse Royal
  11. Chris Houston
  12. Cory Paterson
  13. Zeb Taia
Interchange:

1. Chris Bailey
  2. Daniel Tolar
  3. Richard Fa’aoso
  4. Cameron Ciraldo
Link

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Penrith teams are wrong IMO.

Both First Grade and 20's are exactly the same as last week. Media Manager told me yesterday that Wade Graham and Lachlan Coote won't play 20's this week because of Origin but yet they are named. Along with Petero.

skeepe

Immortal
Penrith teams are wrong IMO.

Both First Grade and 20's are exactly the same as last week. Media Manager told me yesterday that Wade Graham and Lachlan Coote won't play 20's this week because of Origin but yet they are named. Along with Petero.

They'd have to be wrong. For one thing, Elliott's not THAT stupid, and even if he were, I doubt the rest of the Panthers organisation would miss something like that when seeing the team sheets. Surely?

mxlegend99

Referee
Agreed.

Someone farked up, and i doubt it was Matt Elliott. Although i'm sure when the real teams are named... there will be someone there that shouldn't be.

Latest posts