What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 rule changes

Freak2

Juniors
Top 10 Rule changes that I would like to see in order of priority
1. Interchange to 10 only
2. Video ref only from a Captain challenge (1 wrong chalenge per half allowed that can be carried over into the 2nd half if not used)
3. Players packing scrum to remain in scrum and the defensive line to be back an additional 5 metres to open play further.
4. No video involvement in high tackles. We must get rid of the DIVE!!
5. Bring back the 5 in the bin for professional fouls, including strips in a 2 man tackle!
6. 60 second shot clock for all kicks at goal
7. If a player is tackled in a one man tackle around the legs they must wait for the tackler to get to marker before playing the ball or a flop is aloud from another defending player
8. After a missed penalty conversion, play is restarted with a play the ball from where the kick is taken from by the defending team
9. Decoy runners must run straight through the line, but common sense must apply when adjudicating on a try.
10. Removal of corner flags

OK there is my top 10 but I also like the nominated change to the Golden Point games where the 80 minute draw allows each team to 1 point and the eventual winner to get an additional 1 point.