What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 World Cup shaping up to be a Gem!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Marshall CHALK
Mark HUGHES
Anthony QUINN
Matt PETERSEN
Timana TAHU
Joel MONOGHAN
Amos ROBERTS
Matt KING
Chris HICKS

Mark Hughes is not a winger, nor have I seen him play on the wing in the past few years. He's played a lot of centre, and he played for NSW in fullback once.

morri (cWo)

First Grade
chriswalkerbush said:
Mark Hughes is not a winger, nor have I seen him play on the wing in the past few years. He's played a lot of centre, and he played for NSW in fullback once.

im sure he could adapt to the position. much like covell. who is a natural 5/8.

rahrahboy

Juniors
JamesWebster's#1fan said:
No hes not. Hes a natural PL player, and a below average FG player. now shut up.

He should be the Kiwi's best player with that type of form, considering Benji will be with the All Blacks and gearing up for the REAL world cup. Covell will probably end up captaining the side that comes second.

Te Kaha

First Grade
rahrahboy said:
He should be the Kiwi's best player with that type of form, considering Benji will be with the All Blacks and gearing up for the REAL world cup. Covell will probably end up captaining the side that comes second.

Don't be a dumbarse, benji will not be in the All Blacks.

iggy plop

First Grade
rahrahboy said:

spiroZavos.jpg
:lol:

ali

Bench
It's going to be awesome anyway. I will be in attendance at many games. There's lots of good news coming out of the weaker Rl nations at the moment. Especially a lot of the development work going on up in PNG, and a bit of a revival in France. Georgia coming on board with a lot of full Union internationals. Fiji under 16's touring, Ireland expanding, Cook Islands large schedule, Tonga appear to be more organised. But PNG is the one who excites me. A nation of 5 million Rl fans, who just needed some organisation and junior development. Now their national comp is back, there under 16s are off to the world cup in russia. This nation, should theoretically be stronger than NZ in RL. I can tell you where RL is a bigger sport, PNG for sure. 2008 may be soon for some of these nations, but at the rate we are growing, a 2012 world cup looks very appetising.

bender

Juniors
ali said:
It's going to be awesome anyway. I will be in attendance at many games. There's lots of good news coming out of the weaker Rl nations at the moment. Especially a lot of the development work going on up in PNG, and a bit of a revival in France. Georgia coming on board with a lot of full Union internationals. Fiji under 16's touring, Ireland expanding, Cook Islands large schedule, Tonga appear to be more organised. But PNG is the one who excites me. A nation of 5 million Rl fans, who just needed some organisation and junior development. Now their national comp is back, there under 16s are off to the world cup in russia. This nation, should theoretically be stronger than NZ in RL. I can tell you where RL is a bigger sport, PNG for sure. 2008 may be soon for some of these nations, but at the rate we are growing, a 2012 world cup looks very appetising.

I agree about PNG. I should note also, that not only are they theoretically stronger than NZ, but the 4 million rugby league mad people are theoretically also the equivalent of 10 Newcastles, 20 Townsvilles, 1 Sydney, 1 Queensland. That is an awful lot of talent and potential if they ever harnessed it properly.

taipan

Referee
tye said:
WOO HOO can not wait the 2008 league world cup. It will be the greatest event ever. Who is hosting it? Aus NZ or eng. What a joke of an "event" it is. Why bother we should concentrate on getting the NRL on the same level as Union and the Afl.
If you havent a clue about the 2008wc,why waste the space you look a bigger idiot than you may already be.We have succeeded in getting NRL to surpass union(s12 and club union) in popularity.Next !

taipan

Referee
rahrahboy said:
You are really up to date not,Benji is staying with the Wests tigers whilst ever Sheeens is coach.Your dumb comment says little for the strength of NZ union.
BTW the "real world cup" is on next year,Beckham is playing not Jonny (I am forever getting hurt)Wilkinson.

hutch

First Grade
taipan said:
If you havent a clue about the 2008wc,why waste the space you look a bigger idiot than you may already be.We have succeeded in getting NRL to surpass union(s12 and club union) in popularity.Next !

surpass, we've always been more popular mate!!! they have never even come close to us.

Ari Gold

Bench
its pretty weird how the 3 best youngsters (apart from Smith) from the last 2 years have come from NZ.... SBW, Hunt, Benji.....

Red Bear

Referee
Hunt isnt very ood tho...
Dont forget Ireland mate, They seem to be steadily improving and will challenge some teams. Up the Wolfhounds.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
rahrahboy said:

I didn't realise the All Blacks played in the Soccer World Cup. Well what do you know..

carlnz

Bench
well the Cook Islands vs NZ Maori Test are to be televised in NZ!!

International Rugby League is on the Way up