What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008?

Dutchy

Immortal
My prediction

1 - Brett Stewart
2 - Jarryd Hayne
3 - Mark Gasnier
4 - Matt Cooper
5 - Hazem El Marsi
6 - Jarrod Mullen
7 - Todd Carney//Mitchell Pearce
8 - Brent Kite
9 - Danny Buderus
10 - Willie Mason
11 - Luke O'Donnell
12 - Nathan Hindmarsh
13 - Greg Bird

14 - Mark O'Meley
15 - Steve Simpson
16 - Paul Gallen
17 - Kurt Gidley // Robbie Farah

Watmough, Ryan, White, Bailey all borderline

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
FB - depends on Mini's fitness. If he's not, Stewy
Wings - Hayne & Haz
Centres - Gaz & WeeWaaF*cktard
5/8 - Bird
HB - Mullen
Props - O'Meley & Mase
Hooker - Bedsy
Second row - Gallen & Hindy
Lock - Bobcat Ryan

Int - Kite, Maitua, Farah, Bailey

JMO though

langpark

First Grade
1 - Brett Stewart
2 - Jarryd Hayne
3 - Mark Gasnier
4 - Matt Cooper
5 - Eric Grothe
6 - Braith Anasta
7 - Todd Carney
8 - Brent Kite
9 - Danny Buderus
10 - Luke Bailey
11 - Willie Mason
12 - Nathan Hindmarsh
13 - Luke O'Donnell

14 - Mark O'Meley
15 - Ben Cross
16 - Anthony Laffranchi
17 - Greg Bird

Watmough, Hoffman, Ryan, Ryles, Farah, Gidley, El Masri, Gallen, Wing are the players who'll be in the mix if NSW have injuries.

QLD:
1. Hunt
2. Tate
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoneceva
11. Crocker
12. Myles
13. Johnson

14. Webb
15. Thaiday
16. Kafausi
17. Harrison/Carroll

Bell, Ross, Parker, Stagg, Scott, Cashmere, Tronc, Bowen, Wesser, Rogers may also be used, depending on a number of factors.

Coastbloke

Bench
What i've been asking myself is will NSW try and play BOTH games at Telstra when they didn't sell out 1 match this year.....??

t-ba

Post Whore
Coastbloke said:
What i've been asking myself is will NSW try and play BOTH games at Telstra when they didn't sell out 1 match this year.....??

Maybe Queensland shouldn't host two matches at Suncorp because more people come to matches at Telstra? Dolt.

Coastbloke

Bench
t-ba said:
Maybe Queensland shouldn't host two matches at Suncorp because more people come to matches at Telstra? Dolt.

It really is losers like you hiding behind a keyboard that stops people from posting in forums...

Not that it matters to idiots (yes I am stooping to your considerably low level) like yourself but I ask a legitimate question which contributes to the debate that is SOO 2008. If you have an alternative view point, please feel free to express it without providing a clear example of your own inadequecies.....

Thanks.

t-ba

Post Whore
Telstra draws in excess of 60,000 fans to Origin matches every time a match is played there, a crowd which can only fit into ONE other stadium in Australasia. It doesn't matter if it doesn't sell out, it's already earning more for the ARL than Lang Park could.

In addition to that, it has more corporate facilities than any other stadium in Australia due to its history as the Olympic Venue. More corporate facilities for hire = more $$$. Unless Lang Park is willing to give up an equal amount of fixtures as Stadium Australia, the ARL is not being fair to the 60k+ people who turn up to watch Origin every time it is played in Homebush.

If people are afraid of posting because someone behind a keyboard gives them sh*t for raising an issue roughly the ten bazillionth time (You are treading down tremendously worn ground with this tired argument), in a thread that isn't about that topic (This thread is clearly about team selection, not what venues the matches will be played at next year), then maybe they should grow a thicker skin.

Chewie

Juniors
t-ba said:
Telstra draws in excess of 60,000 fans to Origin matches every time a match is played there, a crowd which can only fit into ONE other stadium in Australasia. It doesn't matter if it doesn't sell out, it's already earning more for the ARL than Lang Park could.

In addition to that, it has more corporate facilities than any other stadium in Australia due to its history as the Olympic Venue. More corporate facilities for hire = more $$$. Unless Lang Park is willing to give up an equal amount of fixtures as Stadium Australia, the ARL is not being fair to the 60k+ people who turn up to watch Origin every time it is played in Homebush.

If people are afraid of posting because someone behind a keyboard gives them sh*t for raising an issue roughly the ten bazillionth time (You are treading down tremendously worn ground with this tired argument), in a thread that isn't about that topic (This thread is clearly about team selection, not what venues the matches will be played at next year), then maybe they should grow a thicker skin.
if suncorp held 100k it'd still sell out. Poor argument really.

t-ba

Post Whore
Chewie said:
if suncorp held 100k it'd still sell out. Poor argument really.

It holds 52.5k. The point is academic to the argument.

Origin is about the $$$ it can raise for the ARL to help the game out. Unless they start charging substantially more for tickets to Suncorp than to Stadium Australia, there's no point.

Coastbloke

Bench
t-ba said:

This have nothing to do with having a thick skin.

It's the right of posters to post freely without having to be subject to people like you.

The thread was about SOO teams, yes I grant that, but I was merely exprssing my thoughts on how many spectators may turn up in NSW to watch that team...

Should I jump on and caste aspersions upon your character everytime you post?

Latest posts