What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Dragons Achievements!!! COMPLETE LIST

Hey everyone. I Just want to get a comprehensive run down of everything our troops have achieved this year. I have never been so proud to be a life long dragon and want to make sure that NOTHING flies under the radar.

Dragons

• 2009 Minor Premiers!!! Recipients of the JJ Giltinan Shield.
  • NRL Club Championship
  • Best defensive record in the league (329 points against)
Brett Morris

• 2009 Top Try Scorer (22 Tries)
Jamie Soward

• 2nd place in 2009 top point scorers (228 points)
  • 2nd place in 2009 top goal scorers (87 Goals)
  • Surpassed Harry Baths 1958 club record of 225 points in a season
  • 2009 Dally M Five-Eighth of the year
  • 2009 Provan Summons People's Choice Award
Wendall Sailor

• Nominee of Ken Stephen Medal for outstanding community service
Chase Stanley

• One Community Good Guy of the Month for August
Toyota Cup

• 2009 Team of the Year - Trent Merrin, Beau Henry, Joe Vickery, Jake Marketo selected
  • Beau Henry 2009 Toyota Cup Player of the Year
THE FANS!!!

• Set a new record home crowd at Win Jubilee: 20,847 - 29/03/09 Dragons v Sharks
  • Guinness world record holders for the largest group to blow kazoos continuously for five minutes.

I can think of more, but want you guys to come up with some. Keep them coming and I'll edit them in. Hopefully the finals will provide even more!

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm afraid Josh Morris scored 20 tries and plays for the mighty Bulldogs.

Your boy is Brett ;-)

And the Ken Stephen Medal - Sailor is your club's nominee. It hasn't been announced yet.

Timmah

Staff member
:lol: All good. Congrats to all your boys on those achievements. It has been quite a season!

Timmah

Staff member
Indeed you have. I believe it was wrapped up before this weekends games, you were 6 points clear.

grouch

First Grade
If the Titans under 20's can pull a major upset over the Eagles we will also have the Toyota Cup minor premiership. Go you baby Titties

Parra Guru

Coach
Congrats Dragons on the win last night and all your achievements this year. Well deserved.

When was the last time Saints won the minor premiership btw?

Dragonheart

Juniors
I'm afraid Josh Morris scored 20 tries and plays for the mighty Bulldogs.

Your boy is Brett ;-)
Funnily enough the highlights package named him as Josh also....stupid media wouldn't know how to get the facts straight if you wrote it for them:crazy:

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Congrats Dragons on the win last night and all your achievements this year. Well deserved.

When was the last time Saints won the minor premiership btw?

Thanks mate. Hope you get the Dogs next week, and kick the bastard's asses.

Last time we got the MP was 1985, when we got it in the other two grades as well. We lost the GF that year by a point to the Bogs, so hopefully history doesn't repeat itself in this instance *touch wood*

BigNormProvan

Juniors
They've changed the bomb ruling and fibreglass shoulder pads have been outlawed, so history probably won't repeat itself. However I'm pretty sure Mick O'Connor is still unconcious.

Big Norm

Thought of another. Come on guys this list should be huge. How we can blasted in the media week after week has me absolutely baffled. Aren't we one of the good guys?

Parra Guru

Coach
Thanks mate. Hope you get the Dogs next week, and kick the bastard's asses.

Last time we got the MP was 1985, when we got it in the other two grades as well. We lost the GF that year by a point to the Bogs, so hopefully history doesn't repeat itself in this instance *touch wood*

Well whether or not you face Parra or not, best of luck. It's always nice to see the 2 best teams there at the end of it all. Hopefully it's not a repeat of 2005.

Well done to a couple of guys at the Dally Ms tonight. Although it was excruciating watching some of those ad-lib interviews.

Can anyone confirm we did indeed break the kazoo world record? Would mean I'm part of a couple of world records now.

Latest posts