What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Ladder... have a go

Apey

Staff member
1. Storm
2. Broncos
3. Manly
4. Sharks
5. Dragons
6. Knights
7. Raiders
8. Warriors
9. Roosters
10. Titans
11. Bulldogs
12. Cowboys
13. Tigers
14. Rabbitohs
15. Eels
16. Panthers

Lol probably going to be way off.

Woot, I got Cowboys right.. :lol:

5/8 top 8 right :\ (not actual positions)

Going back through the thread - most people had Sharks in top 8.

Last edited:

Red Bear

Referee
Manly
Easts
Warriors
Newcastle
Melbourne
Titans
Cronulla
Souths

Canberra
Brisbane
Wests Tigers
St George Illawarra
Canterbury
North Queensland
Penrith
Parra
Wow, pretty average effort, especially Warriors and the Chooks as well as Saints and Canterbury. Parra looked a good choice before they pulled their fingers out, ditto brisbane

I've thought it through again.

1. Sea Eagles
2. Warriors
3. Dragons
4. Storm
5. Broncos
6. Titans
7. Roosters
8. Sharks
9. Raiders
10. Tigers
11. Knights
12. Cowboys
13. Eels
14. Bulldogs
15. Souths
16. Panthers

I got Cowboys and Storm right, a fair few were only a few off. Roosters, Sharks, Warriors, Bulldogs=terrible, Raiders, Souths, Eels, Panthers=pretty bad too. Tigers, Titans, Dragons, Knights, Sea Eagles, Broncos=not too bad

Noa

First Grade
can be sure of two things:

1: Easts
16: souffs

:lol::lol::lol:

spoonsouffs.gif

:|

Noa

First Grade
With not much thought outside the top 4, here go's.

1. Warriors
2. Storm
3. Manly
4. Broncos

5. Cowboys
6. Gold Coast
7. Raiders
8. Souths

9. Knights
10. Dragons
11. Cronulla
12. Parramatta
13. Roosters
14. Tigers
15. Panthers
16. Bulldogs.

Gaba'esque effort their.

Raider_69

Post Whore
1. Manly
2. Cowboys
3. Storm
4. Warriors
5. Broncos
6. Raiders
7. Titans
8. Dragons

9. Roosters
10. Cronulla
11. Knights
12. Panthers
13. Bulldogs
14. Souths
15. Eels
16. Tigers

Terrible tbh :lol:
5/8 in the top 8. None in order :lol:
Missed the spooners, missed the minor premiers, missed most of the top 4... just terrible :lol:

supercharger

Juniors
1.manly
2.warriors
3.gold coast
4.nth qld
5.melbourne
6.cronulla
7.brisbane
8.newcastle
9.canterbury
10.souths
11.st george
12.sydney
13.canberra
14.parramatta
15.wests
16.penrith
I got the titans rabbitohs and raiders right other than that only got 5 of the top 8.Overestimated the warriors sharks cowboys

adamkungl

Immortal
1 Manly -No reason why they won't continue to dominate apparently there was
2 Easts -Experience for both the young players and coach will bring consistency :lol:
3 Melbourne -Still strong, but game plan has been found out, loss of Folau will hurt very close.
4 Brisbane -Injuries limited them this year, will improve slightly bzzt.
5 Cronulla -Will stay strong, though Barret's influence will be the deciding factor imo :lol:
6 New Zealand -Strong, but I doubt they will start 09 with the necessary consistency :crazy:
7 Canberra -Will defy the "experts" again but lack the star power to go higher. nope
8 Penrith -Horror injury run this year. Some brilliant young players. nearly got the position, but couldnt put it together in the last week.
9 St George Illawarra -This year beat top sides but lost to garbage. More of the same. egg+face
10 Gold Coast -Still lack the depth to survive a bad injury run. apparently not
11 Newcastle -Improving young stars but no more Buderus. wrong again!
12 Canterbury -Bought well, will improve, but not enough to make the finals. this is getting depressing
13 Souths - Some classy playmakers but not much else. Maybe a dark horse. close-ish
14 Wests -Stagnant since 05. Will really show this year. meh
15 North Queensland -2 star players, poor elsewhere. well...they didn't make the 8...thats something
16 Parramatta -Hindmarsh can only carry them so far. Players not performing at all. epic fail

:lol: wow.

typicalfan

Coach
Melbourne Storm- Will get through to first again, should find it tough in the finals again though
North Queensland- They get their men back and a few good signings, expect them to get on a late season roll
Manly Sea Eagles- Start out hot, but slowly come back to the field as the season progresses
Canterbury Bulldogs- Could we return to tough grinding football? the Bulldogs will have a redemption year
Sydney Roosters- Good team, can see them struggle to put 80 minutes together again
Parramatta Eels- History suggests Parramatta are one of the most unpredictable sides in the NRL, can see them return to their 2007 form
Gold Coast Titans- Their maiden finals birth but will have only just made it
Newcastle Knights- Will go well life after Bedsy aided by Gidley and Mullen playing well
St George Illawarra- largely inconsistent, Bennett will toss away the rubbish and should have himself a red hot side by 2010
Brisbane Broncos- Front row is light and key players are injury prone
Canberra Raiders- in the hunt all the way but to miss out due to away form and general inconsistency you get with young talent
NZ Warriors- Also will suffer from inconsistency and away form. The underacheivers of 2009
Cronulla Sharks- start in the top four but will slump badly, but i expect the top 8 race to be very tight in 2009 so although finishing 12th, they will be a win or two away at most.
South Sydney- Giant killers, they will get some considerable scalps, but their form wont hold up on a weekly basis
Wests Tigers- Expecting a poor season, the lack of a halfback may mean Farah plays out of position again
Penrith Panthers- The NRLs greatest soap opera, will kill off a leading cast member mid season, the only good point is they will blood talent which will be better for the run in 2010.

The Dragons hit their straps earlier than expected, underestimated the impact players like Weyman and Soward would have.

In a way apart from a few my descriptions were a little more accurate than the overall positions. I am happy with my prediction 6 of 8 teams I predicted made the 8 and the two that I got wrong finished 9th and 10th in my predictions.

The descriptions of the Bulldogs, Roosters, Eels, Knights, Raiders, Warriors, Sharks and Rabbitohs are pretty good :).

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
The Dragons hit their straps earlier than expected, underestimated the impact players like Weyman and Soward would have.

In a way apart from a few my descriptions were a little more accurate than the overall positions. I am happy with my prediction 6 of 8 teams I predicted made the 8 and the two that I got wrong finished 9th and 10th in my predictions.

The descriptions of the Bulldogs, Roosters, Eels, Knights, Raiders, Warriors, Sharks and Rabbitohs are pretty good :).

yeah few of them, Bulldogs/Roosters/Knights/Warriors/Rabbitohs were pretty close description wise, well done.