What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Board Report

bartman

Immortal
My first reaction was "why has this thread been bumped"? "Aren't we over it yet?" etc etc.

But reading those apologies has been a very worthy bump indeed. I am again amazed at Spagnolo's lack of pragmatism in going to print with the original inaccuracies.

Born, do you know if these apologies have also been mailed out to the same breadth of readership that received the original propa... er, report?

born an eel

Bench
My first reaction was "why has this thread been bumped"? "Aren't we over it yet?" etc etc.

But reading those apologies has been a very worthy bump indeed. I am again amazed at Spagnolo's lack of pragmatism in going to print with the original inaccuracies.

Born, do you know if these apologies have also been mailed out to the same breadth of readership that received the original propa... er, report?
as far as I know there has been no mention what so ever about it, I stumbled across them when looking up something else on the site.

I also thought it "interesting' that such a big deal was made of the first report but nothing said about fixing the inaccuracies. much like correcting a front page stuff up in the classifieds of a newspaper.

bartman

Immortal
Cheers Born, sadly that doesn't surprise me.

I'd have more respect for Spags and his advisers if he did the honourable thing and publicised these "corrections" as widely as the original misinformation was publicised. That means a media release, and letters to all members - which might rightly trigger questions from Members about the expenditure incurred, and about whether the whole excercise of the "report" was necessary in the first place.

Oh well, I guess we're stuck with what we're stuck with these days, as far as the board goes.

strider

Post Whore
i'm not trying to be a whinger or anything, but tbh I thought since these guys are still doing stuff for the club the board would have been very keen to send these out via email like they did with the report

Maroubra Eel

Coach
i'm not trying to be a whinger or anything, but tbh I thought since these guys are still doing stuff for the club the board would have been very keen to send these out via email like they did with the report

You would think so. It's as if they've got something against them.

Gronk

Staff member
I'm sure that it's just an oversight. The members will receive the email any day now.

born an eel

Bench
You would think so. It's as if they've got something against them.
the way I read the 2 apologies it appears they certainly do have something against Gerard, the wording seems to be the bare minimum to stop legal action but with Dr Johnsons, Roy goes on to apologies to his family and point out his ongoing involvement.

Past history tells us to read Roys wording very carefully, as he chooses his wording deliberately and it says a lot about him.

eels81236

Bench
Wouldn't be the first and won't be the last to "hide" a correction. The telecrap do it all the time.

Let's be honest. It's a correction rather than an apology.

mickdo

Coach
fishing_2.gif

Latest posts