What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 cronulla jersey

cityshark

Juniors
I dont belive how stupid we are! Our 'Iconic' jersey is the horizontal band with the black number box on the back. Its a sponsors dream for logo's and its our BRAND we own the look its the Sharks and its the one we will play the Grand Final in. So what are we doing changeing it . We can do what we like with the away jersey but to get rid of our BRAND jersey is stupid. And it makes the players look gay.

Vossy

Bench
bloody hell, some of you sound like the queer guys worrying about the latest fashion trends, its a jersey..we needed a change, we had a massive turn over of players and admin, we needed to distance ourselves from everything 2009 and that included the jersey..think of it as more of a fresh start

Stuff

Juniors
Regardless of whether it was needed as part of the change (relaunch if you will), and I agree with that sentiment. This jersey was instigated by the old regime, designed, approved and submitted before the elections last year. I guess that's not to say that without some effort it could not have been changed, though the need to show a brand new start coupled with the staffing changes and search for sponsors probably put any idea of petitioning to change the already approved jersey way down on the priority list.

I think it's OK, but only OK at this stage. It's sure to live or die by the results on the field in the eyes of most fans I guess. Lose the first few rounds and it'll be because of the sh*tty jersey. Win them all 40 - nil and you won't be able to buy off the rack at Peter Wynn's Score.

cityshark

Juniors
Vossy. Its your kind of thinking that has made us what we are. Its our kind of thinking that wants us to move to Gosford and play Netball! Because thats how we look You missed my point about the brand, that banded jersy is the Sharks its about us . Its about the prince of centres and Greg Hartley its about 78 ect. Get some one to put your heart back in Vossy.

Quigs

Immortal
bloody hell, some of you sound like the queer guys worrying about the latest fashion trends, its a jersey..we needed a change, we had a massive turn over of players and admin, we needed to distance ourselves from everything 2009 and that included the jersey..think of it as more of a fresh start

That's bullsh!t Vossy.

It has been a battle royal to get us back to a decent jersey. The hoops is the sharks, believe it or not. Most of our history involved the hoops. We played on our only GFs in the hoops, excluding Super League but don't mention the war.

The old bloody orig retro is brilliant. It makes us look like a bloody league side for gods sake.

Why farkin change it.

If the club is fair dinkum in getting intouch with its fanbase in the Shire then the FIRST BLOODY THING THAT THEY SHOULD DO IS FIT THE SIDE OUT IN A FARKIN CRONULLA SUTHERLAND JERSEY.

One that the fans who might come back will instantly recognise. Not some fancy pansey sh!t that they keep regurgitating every couple of seasons to satisfy the whim of some limp wristed would be fashion designer that has one hand on his ninja mutant turtle comic and the other hand on his dick.

For once in our existence can we at least show some common sense and some loyalty.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

this jersey was approved by the old admin in the mooted 6 game gosford move days. new jersey for essentially a new team. as it was signed off, and "no paperwork to be found" as stated by the club, theres nothing we can do to change it.

personally i like the black jersey better. and the way that ISC have butchered any jersey with a V into some kind of weird bib, the heritage strp wont be much better.

vossy is correct with the new attitude and direction, but FFS, the old one is the best jersey in the league.

name one better? nope. cant be done.

terrible move by the muppets at the time.

Vossy

Bench
old days are gone quigs unfortunately, its all about the $$, if we keep the same jersey every year, jersey sales will drop because why buy a new one each year when it would be the same as the season gone by [well minus the fact we have new sponsors now]..

we needed to disassociate ourselves with everything to do with 2009 and start again

also remember this was the decision by the muppets in the previous admin..

Quigs

Immortal
I don't go with the bullsh!t of you have to change to a new jersey every year to make some dosh. It's crap.

Yes make subtle changes - along with change of sponsors and whoppy every punter will buy one.

I'll bet you here and now that if we had virtually the same hoop strip as last year with the new Hisense sponsors on it, then we will sell more of them then those that would go out and buy the new netball jersey with the poofy collar.

Again I will reiterate, and in agreeance with city shark.... if you want to get realigned with the shire, and get the old fans back to following the sharks then there is only one jersey the club should have in mind.

We all know which one that is.

Up here for thinking down there for sitting on.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

cityshark

Juniors
I dont mind if the club makes a bit out of changing the playing strip every 6 months ! Your right sponsors come and go Quigsy but its the look of the Shire .Anyway its not always about the Shire , I've seen them all over NSW and Brisbane , on people and kids or hanging up on a wall in Wauchope!!!! Lets not disappoint Sharkies with a gay jersey! Shurly they could whip some jersys in the 'Iconic' style for the start of the season . Just cut out the 'LG' bits , leave them as vents or something . Its the jersey I want done away with yes Vossy the very Jersey that those bad old people fom 2009 that you want to get away from had designed, ironic eh Vossy, you want to keep it . What as a reminder of all the bad decissions made back then?

Quigs

Immortal
Maybe our new Chinese friends could knock up a few thousand at the right price and sell em at a discounted rate.

They do it with everything else.

Just send em over an original designed jersey, and I reckon they'll have it worked out in ... oh.... probably five or six minutes.

Clever buggers.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Frenzy.

Post Whore
If the team wins the jersey could look like shit on toast and it would sell. Our team doesn't win so changing it from the "iconic" style was stupid no matter who decided.

The new board could of had it changed. It wouldn't of been hard. After all, the idea to put members names on the jersey came from the new board well after the fact. If they could get that done they could of gotten it redesigned.

fizman

Bench
I don't go with the bullsh!t of you have to change to a new jersey every year to make some dosh. It's crap.

Yes make subtle changes - along with change of sponsors and whoppy every punter will buy one.

I'll bet you here and now that if we had virtually the same hoop strip as last year with the new Hisense sponsors on it, then we will sell more of them then those that would go out and buy the new netball jersey with the poofy collar.

Again I will reiterate, and in agreeance with city shark.... if you want to get realigned with the shire, and get the old fans back to following the sharks then there is only one jersey the club should have in mind.

We all know which one that is.

Up here for thinking down there for sitting on.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

I can only imagine you are thinking of the White "V" 1967 jersey with the Endeavour on it??

Quigs

Immortal
Fiz, I'd be happy with one like the 67 version, the 73 version, the 78 version, and even the 2009 version. Gee it took a long long time to get back to that very popular model.

But I can't remember anyone complaining or downriding the 09 version can you. I believe we had a unanimous verdict on the jersey.

Anything would be better then the crap shown in Vossy's pics. It's sooooo pommy super leagueish.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs