What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Round 1. Bluebags v Titans

antonius

Coach
Bluebags

Gorilla

A Giant Step for My Kind
750 Words

Watching your kids find their way in sport is a kind of continuation of learning for us fathers too. My son also won grand finals at cricket, soccer and so on, and like yours really never appeared to care less about it. I would’ve given anything to win one.
A straightforward, and informative piece. As his son embarks on his first season playing league after previously playing union, the writer examines the many differences between the two games.
Score 86

Ridders
Fantasy Kingdom
747 Words
The writer offers some suggestions to improve the scoring system in the NRL Fantasy League. He makes some good arguments for these suggestions.
Score 83

Rexxy
Untitled
740 Words
Piece about the game of forum sevens, amusing in parts. I know its not a rule as such, but declaring your name and team at the start of the piece is helpful. A title IMO would also enhance the article.
Score 83

Red Bear
Why Rugby League?
739 Words
The writer uses music comparison to enforce his viewpoint on why league is a more attractive game than the other codes (mainly union). I liked this piece it was original and interesting. Spoilt slightly by a few grammatical errors.
Score 85

Willow

Sitting in the sauna
749 Words (Including Spoiler)
Another article on the sevens game. Must say I know what this writer is talking about in the first couple of paragraphs. I think every player has experienced this at some time or other. We look at some players who knew the correct time to retire and some that didn’t. George weaving through the article was a good touch.
I had to add this when I discovered the author (didn’t affect the score) I’ve often wondered how this guy keeps the pieces coming year in year out.
Score 84

Titans

TITs AnonymouS

Reflections of a visionary
750 Words
The writer looks back on season 2009, and gives us his take on what 2010 may hold. Some amusing reading in this.
Score 83

Tittoolate
INTERVIEW WITH INTERNATIONAL REFEREE, GREG HARTLEY.
746 Words
Very clever piece on rules. The writer intermingles the rules of one game with another and comes up with an entertaining read.
Score 88

Amadean

Iron Chef: Bruce Stadium vs McMurdo Valley
743 Words
A trip to Bruce stadium with all it’s delights. Some minor spelling errors, but didn’t spoil a funny read.
Score 86

Titanic

Six of the worst
750 Words
The writer puts his take on some of the personalities of the game, and their responses. Clever and Funny.
Score 86

tits&tans
An exercise bicycle for mind
747 Words
Another Fantasy NRL article. The writer tells of fantasy games beginnings, and how it eventually found its way here.
Score 83

Result

Titans 426 defeated the Bluebags 421
POTM Tittoolate with a score of 88

Great start to the year for both sides with a 5v5 contest. The Titans getting the goodies on this occasion

Titanic

First Grade
Congratulations T2 on the POTM and well deserved too.

That's the way team... onwards and upwards

Commiserations 'Baggies as we loosen ever-so slightly your grip on the Sandy Crack Cup.

Antonius that's the swiftest marking ever - my false teeth, uppers and lowers, fell out in shock - thanks (I think).

antonius

Coach
Congratulations T2 on the POTM and well deserved too.

That's the way team... onwards and upwards

Commiserations 'Baggies as we loosen ever-so slightly your grip on the Sandy Crack Cup.

Antonius that's the swiftest marking ever - my false teeth, uppers and lowers, fell out in shock - thanks (I think).
I'm on hols ATM so have time. Besides I know the players hang out for their scores (been there myself) :D

gorilla

First Grade
Wow, not even close !

Clear point per player difference.

Good game Titans, and congrats Tittoolate.

Well done 'Bags, first run for a couple of players and solid first match hit-out, better for the experiences.

Thanks Ref, thanks ballgirls (even that poor bunt on the sidelines running on - no hard feelings, eh ?)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thanks ref for the quick turnaround. Congrats Tittoolate on the POTM and to the Titans for some top class reads.

Well played bagger team mates - nicely drilled and professional throughout. Special mention goes to Red Bear and Ridders who were excellent on debut for the Bluebags.

tits&tans

Juniors
As fast as greased lightning! Thanks Antonius for the sphincter and nail relief!

Excellent game boys - especially well played to Tittoolate!

Well written 'Bags - gonna be another tough season against you lot :)